Battlestar Galactica...

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Syl, I agree with you completely (if you haven't seen the show or movie/read the book, don't read the thread), just trying to be somewhat sensitive to those who can't help themselves.... :lol:

FWIW, I'm having a really hard time accepting Saul as a toaster. That just doesn't make sense to me at all. Anders and Tory, absolutely. The Chief? Not happy about it, but it still fits (sort of). But Saul? F*cking Saul? That means that the Cylons have looked human for at least 50 years.
Last edited by Cail on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I have to watch the original Battlestar Galactica for my science fiction class. As long as there's no sex, robots, or outer space I won't get offended or kill myself.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Cail wrote: FWIW, I'm having a really hard time accepting Saul as a toaster. That just doesn't make sense to me at all. Anders and Tory, absolutely. The Chief? Not happy about it, but it still fits (sort of). But Saul? F*cking Saul? That means that the Cylons have looked human for at least 50 years.
Like I said earlier, there's alot of foreshadowing about the Chief in the first 2 seasons so that makes sense, and it certainly makes sense that Tory is a Cylon. My problem is with Anders and as Cail said, I also have a big problem with Tigh being a Cylon.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I think Anders, having been in the Caprica resistance, makes perfect sense.

Except, he was on that sports team (a celebrity), right?

Hmmmmm.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Syl wrote:Can I just interject about this spoiler thing? If I don't want spoilers, I don't read the thread until I've seen the ep. It should be pretty obvious that people are going to be talking about the latest episode, so there's not going to be much else to read. And that's assuming people will tag them properly.

And if every current episode is spoiler tagged out, you're going to end up with a thread that's at about 50% spoilered, most non-spoilered posts taking place between seasons. I think that would be pretty annoying.

I suggest that if you want to talk about something specific and don't want spoilers, start a thread about it. Then later you can ask it to be merged to the main thread. Me, I won't be spoilering my posts. If that's a problem, let me know, and I'll avoid the thread.[/spiel]

It was a good episode. At the hallucination, I shouted 'F***! Again?!' loud enough that my wife asked me what's wrong from the other room.

Any speculation on what the raider's scan of Anders was all about? The whole ordeal seems like a lot to go through just to make sure they'd 'activated.'
This is the thread for discussion of Battlestar Galactica. That means discussion of the show takes place in here. Now, some of us might want to discuss the show, but have not seen the latest episode yet. Get it?
B&
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Yeah, we get it, but he does make a good point. It's like going into the FR forum....You kinda have to expect spoilers.

It'd also be swell if you dropped the nasty tone.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Cail wrote:Yeah, we get it, but he does make a good point. It's like going into the FR forum....You kinda have to expect spoilers.
...which was my original point.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

As for the raider's scanning of Anders... (and hints from next ep) it seems that the other Cylons may have some dormant programming regarding the final 5 also. Why shouldn't they also *wake up* to the existence of the final five?
Spoiler
It was implied that Caprica 6 has been thinking about them wasn't it?
Spoiler
And Diana's appearance in the preview of next week's ep has some implications too. How did she unfreeze? Did the Raiders/Centurions override the Cabals? The Hybrids? The Cylons are still mysterious enough that there could be a hierarchy we don't even know about.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

emotional leper wrote:This is the thread for discussion of Battlestar Galactica. That means discussion of the show takes place in here. Now, some of us might want to discuss the show, but have not seen the latest episode yet. Get it?
Yes, discussion of the show. That's key, isn't it? And what is most discussion going to center around? If there's new episodes, it's going to be...? So you really think the majority of us who watch it on Friday night should spoiler our posts? Is there an EL-approved expiration date on spoilers? Why not spoiler every post in case someone else just started watching it (conversely, why not stop reading any posts marked after the air date of the last ep you've seen, then continue after you've caught up?)?

Your opinion has been noted. Should more than a few people share it, I'll reconsider. Until then, I suggest you skip over my posts.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Acce Mortum, Barbare. Tui Tempus Advenibit.
B&
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Syl wrote:
emotional leper wrote:This is the thread for discussion of Battlestar Galactica. That means discussion of the show takes place in here. Now, some of us might want to discuss the show, but have not seen the latest episode yet. Get it?
Yes, discussion of the show. That's key, isn't it? And what is most discussion going to center around? If there's new episodes, it's going to be...? So you really think the majority of us who watch it on Friday night should spoiler our posts? Is there an EL-approved expiration date on spoilers? Why not spoiler every post in case someone else just started watching it (conversely, why not stop reading any posts marked after the air date of the last ep you've seen, then continue after you've caught up?)?

Your opinion has been noted. Should more than a few people share it, I'll reconsider. Until then, I suggest you skip over my posts.
If it was a thread specifically for the latest season, yes. However, since it is a general BSG thread I do not see the reason to allow stuff to be spoiled because the US of A gets to see episodes first. How can I avoid seeing "oh by the way, Baltar is a Cylon, and Adama is Lucifer" posted inbetween me and EL having a discussion about something that isn't a spoiler?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Well LM (and EL), Cameraman Jenn solved your problem and created a thread for Season 3. This thread is for current stuff, expect spoilers.

Edit-Oh and EL, that's cute, but not allowed in any language.
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Cail wrote:Well LM (and EL), Cameraman Jenn solved your problem and created a thread for Season 3. This thread is for current stuff, expect spoilers.

I'm simply trying to find one that you people understand.
B&
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

emotional leper wrote:
Cail wrote:Well LM (and EL), Cameraman Jenn solved your problem and created a thread for Season 3. This thread is for current stuff, expect spoilers.

I'm simply trying to find one that you people understand.
What's wrong with English?
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

He can't prove to all of us how clever he thinks he is if he sticks to English...
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Since the thread's already derailed... (delete/split at will, Cail)
emotional leper wrote:Acce Mortum, Barbare. Tui Tempus Advenibit.
Ha lashon metah sheli yakol lidfok et ha lashon metah shelka

Or, "My dead language can beat up your dead language."

Hebrew doesn't lend itself as well to pretension, but pointing out I used the proper italicization should make up for it.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

:LOLS:

ii desu ne.

demo, dare ka eigo o hanasemasu ka?
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

nan desu ha?
wakarimas'sen, Montresor-san?
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Menolly wrote:nan desu ha?
wakarimas'sen, Montresor-san?
That should be nan desu ka? (ha is tooth/teeth)

The 'sen is superfluous It should just be wakarimasen.

Am I being pedantic enough? :)

To answer the intended question, however, what I said roughly translates as:

That was good.

But, does anyone speak english here?
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*bows*

arigato

Return to “TV Shows”