Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 1: In the Company of Strangers

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Zeigenmörder wrote:In the Stable
-------------

Bojan looks confused. "But Miss... Why would everybody, including me, think he had, when he'd said he'd done nothing? We must all have mistaken his actions for something inappropriate. I'm relieved that everyone else made the mistake, though. It means I'm not losing my mind."
Alína heaves a small sigh of frustration, though her hands keep up the minute arcane movements. "If you can, put aside what L-rd Claudio's man said, Bojan. Try to recall what you know you saw, and what the others apparently saw as well. Words can influence us, but actions do speak louder than words."

Her hands stilling, the Jewess pats Zola once again and continues, "It appears I have done all I am capable of here. Zola is well quartered and though our Ladyship appears to have taken two more defenders in to her shadows, I am uneasy keeping you out here with me any longer with L-rd Claudio's man still there next to her. Let us return to the common room.

"...and I will pray that clarity comes to you soon."
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska takes a few more bites then slides her plate in front of Sabine. "I am no longer very hungry. Why don't you have your fill now then let us see to your hair? I shall be ready to retire for the evening after that."

Looking at Vida, "Would you please have the Innkeep's son ready some more hot water? We shall want to give her head a thorough rinsing once those tangles are gone."

She looks to where Bojan was sitting and sighs.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

Taduz asks the Lady "Are you alright? That....cur. Lord Claudio's man does this. You should have the area he....inflicted...checked and cleaned. Burning maybe a bit rash, but who knows what sort of vile ailments he may have had that drove him. Prikaza"

*Glances at the church slaves* "So much for their vaunted, blech. Dili."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

[GM EDIT: Since Seska had already acted under the idea that Lothar was out of the room, I'm going to shift this confrontation to the courtyard.]

*making his way to catch the miscreant just outside the door, speaking in Latin*

"HOLD! You owe an apology to the lady you manhandled. Else, you and I shall discuss honor."
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

[GM EDIT: I've shifted this to also be outside the dining room]

Hurrying back through the rain, Alína and Bojan enter the courtyard just as the Norseman addresses Lothar. Alína nods as her fingers flick ever so minutely in Bojan's direction.

"...אין דער אמתן (in der emesen)," she quietly mutters to herself.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Taduz Illyannovich wrote:Taduz asks the Lady "Are you alright? That....cur. Lord Claudio's man does this. You should have the area he....inflicted...checked and cleaned. Burning maybe a bit rash, but who knows what sort of vile ailments he may have had that drove him. Prikaza"
"I... am fine. Shaken by that disgusting man, but more confused as to Bojan. How he just... backed down." She shakes her head. "It makes no sense..."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In the Dining Room
-------------------

Vida says "Yes, Countess." and heads into the kitchen. Her manner is very reserved.

From the corner of the room, the monk rises as soon as Lothar has left the room. There is rage in his face, and he shouts at Sir Leopold and his companions. "Call yourself honorable Christians, do you? Go all the way to Constantinople to kill your fellow Christians in the name of God, to purge the blasphemy far from home... but a man uses foul sorceries right under your drunken noses, and you sit there and watch it happen." He spends several seconds gathering up all the phlegm from his throat and nostrels, then spits it all into Sir Leopold's face.

The two men-at-arms rise quickly, though a bit clumsily and reach for the man, but he stands his ground. As they wrestle with his arms, he shouts"Oh? Now you'll lash out at me instead of chasing after that servent of the Devil? Old Scratch has done his work well, I see."

Before they can do much more than force his hands down, Sir Leopold stands himself. He is much more unsteady than his companions, but with the help of a nearby tabletop he gains his feet. "Hold, Wolfgang. This is a man of God. What's more, he speaks the truth. This fair Lady's honor has been afronted, and only the scholar and the barbarian rise to her aid. Let us redeem ourselves now, in that wretch's blood if need be. Then she will know what kind of man Leopold von Jungingen is."

Leopold stumbles towards the door now, his enthusiasm carrying him the whole way without stumbling. This two companions release the monk and follow behind him.

The eldest nun can be heard tsking quietly as she's told of what happened. "Knights!"

In the Courtyard
----------------

As Olaf exits the Inn, he spies Lothar's coach standing at the entrance to the courtyard. The horses are still attached. Lothar, his companion, and the two soldiers are heading towards it. There is a third soldier standing by the coach, appearantly guarding it. The storm is beginning to get very violent by this point. Lothar's companion can be seen glancing up at the sky with concern.

Though his foes are a small distance away, and the storm's fury is getting louder, the giant viking's voice carries well. Lothar turns back in surprise. A bolt of lightning nearby flashes brightly, revealing that the man is laughing derisively at the approaching giant. The thunder's roar hides the sound, but the expression is unmistakable.

Lothar strides back to Olaf, a mocking sneer still on his face. He makes eye contact from several feet away, and speaks. Olaf is unable to understand the words, as the wind picks up further. After a few moments, Lothar looks confused. Another bolt of lightning flashes to show a look of panic on his face, then.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Outraged beyond reason at this nithing, the Norseman moves from upbraiding to direct remonstration...by punching him.
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

"Is the big man going to give dog licker a spanking now?" I ask.

When Vida returns with the water, I lead her back to the bathing room.

"Miss Vida? My hair feels icky. Can we wash it out again?"
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In the Courtyard
----------------

Leopold and his two men-at-arms exit the Inn, only to see Olaf raising his fist to strike.

Bojan watches the events, and puts his hand against his temple. He shakes his head for a moment, but quickly returns his gaze to Lothar.

Seeing Olaf's hand draw back, Lothar's companion gestures to get the attention of the three soldiers with him, and points in Lothar's direction. The lighting is very dim, but he seems to be smiling.

Olaf's fist flies forward with the might of an enraged norseman behind it. Lothar tries to back away, but is not quick enough. [two health levels of damage] Lothar stumbles do the ground, one hand preventing him from falling to his back, the other held up in an attempt to guard his face from further attack.

His companion and the three soldiers laugh heartily, but then the soldiers draw their swords and walk slowly to where their leader sits on the wet ground. At the same time, Leopold and his soldiers draw their own swords and come up behind Olaf.

Lothar's companion, who carries no sword, holds up both hands and bellows "Hold!" loud enough for all to hear.

In the Dining Room
------------------

Vida returns with a kettle of hot water, followed by Sigismond's son. He moves to the window facing out to the courtyard and watches the happenings there. The ranting monk is already at the window, shouting "Oh ho! A mighty blow in Christ's name!"

Pierre comes over to Seska. "Are you alright, Countess? I think that, under the circumstances, I would like to withdraw my request that you speak on my behalf to Lord Giovanni. With those such as that in his household, I doubt that I would want to stay."

Marianna stands, and then helps the older nun to her feet. She leads the woman slowly towards the back stairs and their rooms, with the other two nuns following behind.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Seeing Bojan's gaze drawn back to Lothar, Alína moves to momentarily block his view and speaks in Slovak loud enough for him to hear, "Open your eyes to the actions in front of you; forget the words you were told. Your Lady's honor, as well as your own, may be at stake here!"

Fearing at this point she may have pushed to counter Lothar's influence too hard, the Kabbalist retreats as best she can under her tichel and turns to head back to the Inn, leaving the fight to the various menfolk.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Seska finishes her goblet with a long draw, then follows Vida and Sabine to the bathing room to help with the detangling.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

OOC--anyone armed moves at me, dodge their attack and pul my axe, otherwise maintain the beating..

Keeping a wary eye upon the nithing's companions in case cold steel proves necessary, the chastisement will continue, this time with a heavy boot, "Offer apology to her honor! Give geld, ere I need beat you further!"
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Taduz returns to Synovea's table, "May I?"

In Rom: "My apologies for being rude, but having a noble's favor, especially for our kind, can be useful, no?"

In Rom: "From the shouting, it seems the Northerner is having sport with the dog. And winning no less."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In the Courtyard
----------------

Lothar holds up his hands in submission, and once again makes eye contact and tries to speak. The storm's fury calms for a moment, and he might be saying "Stop" in Norse. [not enough for Dominate to be effective]

Lothar's soldiers approach slowly, wary of the swords of Leopold and his men. These men are members of Giovanni's guard, but the three crusaders are in an entirely other league, and they're not about to rush in just to save this pompous ass from a well-deserved beating. Still, they can't just stand back and let it happen. They look to Roderigo, Lothar's companion for instructions. He holds up his hand to hold back for now.

As Olaf puts the boot the man, medium style, "<something> surrender <something> apolog... <something> just stop <something> please? <something>" It becomes clear to Olaf that he's conceding. (It took a significantly briefer amount of time for this man to give in to the pain than would have been expected from a young boy back in Olaf's village.) The water running down the man's face must surely be from the heavy rain.

Bojan dashes forward and picks the man up, heedless of the drawn swords on either side of the battle. Gripping him by the front of his now ruined doublet, shaking him strongly, he's shouting into the man's face, "What foul curse is this, fiend? What spell have you lain on me? I'll see you burned for this!" Bojan's expression is one of barely kept rage, bordering on murder.

Roderigo, seeing the look in Bojan's eyes signals to the guards to move in. They come forward, but Leopold's men, their inebriation having had a chance to reassert itself since they weren't personally fighting, do not immediately react, other than a few appreciative gestures.

The guards seem to be leading with their free hands, instead of their swords.

[Olaf and Alina, you must each decide if the guards plan on skewering Bojan, or just pulling him off. So far, Bojan has drawn no weapons.]

In the Dining Room
------------------

From the window, Brother Dante and Sigismond's son cheer further, with their tone implying a surprise, but a pleasant one, has occured out in the storm.

The Countess, Sabine and Vida have exited through the rear door towards the bathing room. [Unless either player wishes, we'll not get into the details of this. Who wants to role-play "I wash the hair."?] Pierre has remained in the dining room.

The nuns have also exited, and are slowly making their way up the stairway to their rooms.

Synovea replies, (still in Rom) "No offense taken, child. Always be sure the piper is paid first, before enjoying the festivities, I always say." She glances at the two by the window, "Brother Dante must be having a grand evening, from this turn of events. I daresay Grandfather Thunder as the piper for this festival makes even that man's worm tongue cleave to the roof of his mouth. Give a worm just a little bit of power, and he think's he's invincible. Now he'll learn his mistake."

"I just hope it doesn't spoil tomorrow night's feast for you all. Lord Claudio may well be displeased with that barbarian for breaking his plaything."
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Wed May 19, 2010 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Bojan wrote:"What foul curse is this, fiend? What spell have you lain on me? I'll see you burned for this!"
As the words of Bojan's threats carry to Alína, she stops and briefly closes her eyes, murmuring ברוך השם (Baruch Hashem). Then altering her track, she skuttles as best she can back to the Lady Karantanija's man, counting on L-rd Claudio's guards own chivalry to stay their hands at her approach.

The halachic restriction upon the different genders physically touching each other put aside in favor of possibly saving a life, Alína reaches out and persistantly tugs upon one of Bojan's elbows. "Bojan!" she shouts, "Stand down. The Norseman is defending our Lady's honor, should you not support him in this? Worry about what was done to you later and reclaim your right to defend your Lady!"

Alína continues to tug at Bojan's arm, until either the guards force her back or Bojan lets go of Lothar and takes on the stance of backup to Olaf.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Goatkiller666 wrote: Synovea replies, (still in Rom) "No offense taken, child. Always be sure the piper is paid first, before enjoying the festivities, I always say." She glances at the two by the window, "Brother Dante must be having a grand evening, from this turn of events. I daresay Grandfather Thunder as the piper for this festival makes that even man's worm tongue cleave to the roof of his mouth. Give a worm just a little bit of power, and he think's he's invincible. Now he'll learn his mistake."

"I just hope it doesn't spoil tomorrow night's feast for you all. Lord Claudio may well be displeased with that barbarian for breaking his plaything."
(Sticking with Rom until otherwise stated) "I think his playmates will stop him before he breaks him. Although the others, coming too late as usual, may spread their gospels of peace and love as they do best. With bloodshed and death."

"This Lord Claudio, I know nothing of him, what is he about?"
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In the Dining Room
------------------

"That one<*>, is a harsh one." She glanced around nervously. "They say he trucks with demons and evil spirits. They say he calls up the spirits of the restful dead, and torments them. They say he consorts with all sorts of bad people. Even a saracen, and a leper. Judging from who was here tonight, there will soon be stories that he invites jews over for dinner, and seduces even the most firm nuns, no doubt."

"They say the same thing of us, though. So I try not to judge."

-------
* - This is a common verbal construct in Rom. She's refering back to the one you'd asked about, Claudio, but specifically not saying his name. Too many times, the Rom would be heard saying a recognizable name, so people nearby would know the general topic, even if not the specifics. They started using this kind of structure to avoid even that much risk. <+>

+ - I totally made all that up; I have no clue about the actual spoken language of the Rom. But it sounded cool in my head.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Hand loosening axe, stepping closer. "Put away your steel....he bears no arms. If a spell lies upon him, this must be dealt with." --addressing Bojan now--"Release him. I shall beat the life from him should he seek to flee."

-- addressing the guards--"He has yielded, acknowledging his fault. Unless he does aught else, honor is satisfied, I'll not chastise him further."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In the Courtyard
----------------

Free from all the shaking for a moment, Lothar leans forward within Bojan's grasp. Placing his hands on Bojan's shoulders, he leans closer still. Face to face, eye to eye, he speaks. None save Bojan can hear him over the noise of the wind. But when he is done speaking, Bojan nods, then throws the man to the ground and storms back into the Inn. Giovanni's guards take a couple steps to follow, but stop when they see drawn blades in the hands of Sir Leopold and his men.

Keeping an eye on Olaf, Roderigo moves to Lothar's side. Again the storm's fury masks what is said, though it seems as though Roderigo is trying to inspect Lothar for injury before helping him to his feet. With Lothar leaning against his shoulder, Roderigo takes a step towards the coach, but Lothar stops him. They shout more words between them, and Roderigo waves at the guards and then points out into the storm. With that, he turns to help Lothar back into the Inn. The guards, all three of them, leave the courtyard on foot, heading out into the town.

[Pausing here to allow Taduz further conversation before everybody comes back inside. Feel free to include Bojan's entrance in your narrative; he'll just go through and into the back to talk to Seska.]

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”