Acropolis now accepting new players- all skill lvls welcome

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Acropolis now accepting new players- all skill lvls welcome

Post by [Syl] »

If you've been wanting to play a Gravin Threndor game for a while but didn't know how, now is probably a good time to get in.

For those who just don't know about the whole god thing, there's the option to play as a Hero. Like Hercules or Jason, you can just act out your specialness. No need to worry about DSP/DRP, or all that. Search for adventure, glory, magical items, and all that good stuff. You'll get one 'special power' (something classically heroic. super-human, if not superman. no laser eyes or anything goofy), and you can create your own back story.

"Sounds fun, Syl, but probably too much work," you say? Well, have I got a deal for you. If you look at the wonderful map by Blackhawk, there's a whole lot of land out there. These places need names. Beaches, forests, rivers (well, I need to work on that), mountains... they all need gods. Pick a spot (would not recommend throwing a dart at your monitor), pick a name, and you will be a nymph, satyr, centaur, whatever of that locale. That spot is yours to do what you want with.

Other character ideas may be accepted. Just tell me the part you want to play, and I'll do my best to work it in. The idea is to have a large cast of characters that get worked in as the story allows.

Turns are still once a month. The time I have to devote to processing is finite though, so preference will be given to gods, then heroes, then minor characters.

If you want to play, please message me with your character idea. You may want to take a look at the Acropolis forum to get an idea of what is going on.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Virelai
Ramen

Post by Virelai »

:thumbsup:

Acropolis is awesome! The Autarch (Syl) is doing a fantastic job of running it.

Please do consider joining in!

Return to “Gravin Threndor”