Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 2: Harrowing: Olaf

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 2: Harrowing: Olaf

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Marchettus approaches Olaf with a smile, and yet... hit footwork is of one approaching an enemy. His hands are spread wide, one holding a goblet of red wine, only his stance shows any sign of hostility. His attire has some similarities with what one would see in the remote parts of Finland, but only passingly. In strongly accented Norse, accented as if he were from some of the more remote areas in the far north, he speaks. "Welcome, cousin. What brings you here to the land of parasite kings? Come to help me overthrow them all?" He laughs heartily at this, while keeping his eyes squarely on Olaf.

[He's sending strongly mixed signals. Some are as if he's in the middle of a fight. Others are clearly very relaxed.]
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Hailsa! I came here not seeking to overthrow anyone. I am the last of my clan. Raiders, from where I know not, came by night and slaughtered all. Had I not been away, I too would have likely died. But in my grandfather's youth, several families left, seeking the old stories of some of the Folk as the "Guard of Strangers", in Byzantium. I am looking for any of my blood who might still live"
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"Your kin came south to serve a Byzantine king? Any man who would leave a land of freedom in order to bend knee to a foreign king... you're better of leaving them here to suffer, warrior. They're no kin you'll want to admit sharing blood with." He spits as he says this, the gob of dark liquid landing on Olaf's shoe.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Slowly looking from the mess up to the man's face, he speaks slowly, "The Guard of Strangers are not lickspittle menials. They are chosen for their fidelity and prowess. Or so the Elders said. DO you know different? regardless, your point should be made with more civility"
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"I know enough to say that they travelled from far away to come here and beg and grovel for the scraps of some Byzantine king. Begging like dogs. Grovelling like pigs."

"Such as those deserve no civility. Were they my kin, I would disown them publicly, and spit at the very mention of their existance."

He pauses, seeing Olaf's growing ire. "Wait, you defend them? You say they chose rightly to give up their freedom and swear allegiance to one who has never proven his worth to lead?" He throws back his head in deep laughter, even stumbling back a step when he nearly loses his balance.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

"Unless you know my clan to have been so base in fact, I say you go too far. Such insult is not to be born." Scowling fiercely, "Ask pardon, else we test the truth before Odin!" as he clenches his fists in preparation.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

He holds up his hands, in a calming gesture. "Oh HO. This one has fire! But, you mistake yourself. Those of your family who stayed free in the north, yourself included, seem to be wise and honorable folk. But I do not need Odin to prove how base a man is who would leave his home to bend knee to another. Look around you, free man. Look at this room full of swine, come here to smell each other's shite."

Then he leans in with a conspiratory wink, "But, if you've some rage you need to release, so do I. Let us release our rage together, man. Let us destroy the ill-gotten gains of this lord." He heads for the side hallway, leading Olaf into another lavishly furnished parlor. Smiling, he picks up a delicately carved plush chair, and hurles it against the expensive mirror above a table. "Share this little rebellion with me, friend."
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

looking pensive.."This Lord Claudio, he has done nothing to hold Lothar accountable for his actions towards the lady Seska. To let such go unchecked among his house is to sanction it. Let this, then be the price of her honor". So saying merrily join with Marchettus.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Marchettus leads Olaf on a spree through several of the finely appointed rooms, breaking things as they go. His vandalism tends to be themed; in one room he merely shatters things.

In another he takes out his dagger and carves filthy phrases on the walls and furniture. Pointing at one long piece covering the entire tabletop, "That one's in Rom. Claudio will think Gabrin did this."

In a third room, he stands by the door and gestures Olaf to break things while he stands guard. "There are guards posted just to the end of the hallway. Be gentle with your violence." he quips.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Enjoying the challenge of "gentle violence", the Norseman works to apply his force precisely...rather than smashing a bronze lamp against the floor, angling it and stepping on it while pulling up, for instance, accomplishes the same result.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Olaf's lack of training in the ways of stealth is balanced by his natural quickness, and he manages to keep the damage quick and fairly quiet.

Marchettus grins wickedly as they continue on to other rooms.

[So... the book doesn't actually have anything else for Olaf. Not much of a harrowing. If you'd failed that stealth roll... all kinds of mischief, though. Feel free to expound on any other feats of damage you want to, while we get Gemenides caught up.]

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”