Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 4: In the Halls of the Dead

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

My head snaps towards Gedeminas

"I guess that answers that. Gedeminas, how did you reach out, and tear whatever it was from Slave's mind?"

Watch yourself, my body is mine, my mind is mine. The spirits have shown me much, we may find out just how much they answer my call.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Looking upon Gedeminas, "You can reach within a man's mind? Well and good, but do not reach within mine." back to Roderigo, "Your god was weak....he died. Odin All-Father hung for nine days, was pierced by Gungnir, his own spear, and lived. Believe as you will, but do not speak against my gods, I have seen enough servants of your so-called "Prince of Peace" slaughter, rape, and burn villages who held to the Aesir. We knew of Odin's trials many generations before your man was ever born."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The Red Lamb Inn

Sigismund, his son, his wife are in their room at the far end of the Inn. Once the beating started earlier, they fled the scene. They know not to intrude upon the violence of their betters.

Roderigo's fear of death in his master's service outweighs his outrage at Olaf's profanities. "I do not have the time to debate the blessings of Christ with a one who's soul is already damned. You cannot be Saved, and I won't waste my breath trying."

To Taduz he describes the layout of Hardestadt's castle, mostly the common areas and the dungeon areas. "I was not allowed into his Lordship's private areas. But I assume you don't mean to claim that you scouted where all of the Founders would frequent?"

The sounds of dogs barking and yelping from the village can be heard, then silence as the local dogs run off.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Goatkiller666 wrote:The Red Lamb Inn

To Taduz he describes the layout of Hardestadt's castle, mostly the common areas and the dungeon areas. "I was not allowed into his Lordship's private areas. But I assume you don't mean to claim that you scouted where all of the Founders would frequent?"
.No, but a trusted slave would have knowledge of the place, and we...acquired it from you. Nothing permanent, but it can be arranged. And mostly painless."
Goatkiller666 wrote:The sounds of dogs barking and yelping from the village can be heard, then silence as the local dogs run off.
I turn my head, close my eyes, nothing.

"Has anyone else heard the local canines hush suddenly after being excited?"

Great, we settle the dispute amongst ourselves, let it mope about it's dead zombie jew, and now something else comes.

"I think it does not bode well, village dogs are the best warnings little places like this can get. Silence so quickly after a bellowing isn't...natural."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I lead the pack into the village. Right to the front of the Inn.

[Animalism 1]"Wait outside. I have to be a person now."

I change into girl form, and walk in the front door.

"I found Szolt!"
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska looks up from her 'moment' with Vida. "That is wonderful, dear. Where was he?"
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

"Welcome back, lil puppygirl. You have...friends? Where is Szolt?"
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

"He's outside with the others."

I open the door. [Animalism 1] "Szolt. Come here."
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Szolt? I don't...what?
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

Gedeminas 'stares' at the dog entering the Inn, then raises an eyebrow, a very strange-appearing move when done over an empty socket.

"Your friend is a dog? I can tell you can sound exactly like an animal, but can you actually talk to him?"
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Mistrusting any supernatural animals, or the appearance thereof, Olaf pays close attention, looking for this "Szolt", trying to assess the threat..which is rather problematic as he knows nothing at all about "Szolt".
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

As Sabine introduces Szolt, Alína's puzzlement changes to pleasure. "Ah, so this is Szolt!" she says, extending a hand cautiously towards the dog's muzzle palm down to be sniffed by means of introduction. Turning to Gedeminas, she tells him, "Sabine can talk to me, and possibly you, when in dog or hawk form. How much easier should it be for her to communicate with those of the same kind when in their native form?"

Smiling at the child, the Jewess continues, "I am glad you found your "pack," Sabine. Would it be possible for us to become familiar to them all? So that they may accept us as associates of yours and not be wary of us should we need to interact with them in some way?"
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
Rishon, tishtadel l'azor,
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

Above all else, hasten to help.
And then, do no harm.

Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

I look at the dog that has come in when the name "Szolt" was called.

Aye, dog, friend of Sabine...this grows odder by the minute.

"Greetings Szolt"

Does it understand any man language? I've seen animals appear to respond.

I offer a hand to him, palm up, clicking my tongue against my teeth to get his attention and get him to investigate and get my scent. An old trick.

What next, he'll turn into a man and howl at the moon?
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Cautiously, cautiously, Alína thinks to herself as she watches Taduz approach Szolt. Palm up is seen as an aggressive gesture from strangers...
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Around humans, or at least humanoids, Szolt is very friendly. He is a little cautious around the vampires, but he takes his queues from Sabine. When she doesn't act concerned around these creepy people, he calms down and sniffs hands offered to him. After inspecting the room, he returns to Sabine and sits for a bit.

Roderigo looks at the dog. With some concern in his voice, he asks "With the others? How many dogs did you bring, girl?"

Vida seems a bit intimidated by Szolt, who is quite large. Bojan has no trouble at all making friends, since he's fully human. "This is a fine hunter, Sabine. Where did you come by him?" He looks closer at the spiked collar around Szolt's neck. "This is a Lord's hunting dog.", he says with surprise.

[If nobody objects, I'd like to wind up the conversation here and fast forward to the next evening. It seems like we're all just waiting around for me to declare "Sunrise happens, you all sleep." and "Sunset happens, you all wake up." So, tomorrow's post will be that.]
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

"Szolt likes people. All my doggies do. They only kill animals. You can play with them if you want."

"But they don't talk people-talk. You gotta know how to talk doggie."

[Animalism 1]"Go back outside. No dogs inside."

I open the door again to the outside.

I say to Bojan, "He used to be a lord's doggie. Now he's my doggie." I smile, and run over to Seska. "And I'm your doggie!" I give her a big hug around the waist.

[I don't have anything else to do. I'm fine with fast forward.]
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Shrugging as the dog is simply a dog, having no strong feelings for or against the beasts.

OOC--yeah, fast forward
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

"He is..your doggie, and you are her doggie. I think I understand"

We have much to think about this evening, much is afoot that we need to understand.

"It grows late, well, early. We should seek to retire, and continue onward in the evening. Good morning" Insert wry smile "and sleep well."

First, I must avail myself...

"As it appears our host left during the busyness earlier, if you will excuse me, I must procure some items for myself."

Where are they at...there, Cinnamon, Sage, Sea Salt, this shall do nicely.

I leave for the kitchen, acquire the above mentioned spices, a flask of wine and a small mirror in a satchel.

"Till the morrow, evening, this will take getting used to, rest soundly."

I wink at Sabine the Puppy girl as I head to my room.

Rom: "Easy old man"

Stopping at my closed door, I look into my room, nothing there.

Open, enter, close, lock.

I make an offering to the spirits, to protect this room, distract intruders, and let me sleep soundly. I can use it.

The herbs, steeped in the wine, set near the door, Mix sea salt in a basin of water, outlining the window and it's heavy shutter with some of it. Securely bolted shut of course.

Now, to set yourself right with the world Taduz.

Standing at the basin, I open my arm to let one drop of blood into the water, then close it. "Cleanse me, the day's wear from my lif, er, body." Dip my hands in the water

I add one drop to the basin again "Cleanse me, the day has wearied my thoughts" Lean over and get my hair/top of my head into the water, wringing it out.

Lean over, to dunk my face into the bowl, let one more drop into the basin "Cleanse me, that my soul" Dunk my face in it, slowly withdraw, my eyes open as I'm about to recite the next part of the litany, once my mouth clears water that is, and realize something is missing.

I have no reflection. The water makes no show of my face on it's surface.

I gasp in suprise, gulp down a mouthful of the water still covering the lower half of my face. I gag momentarily.

Lady Seska was unable to partake food or drink, am I to make a similar mess here?

I wait for the upheaval. Close my eyes, and feel.....better. No urge to purge the water I swallowed. Returning to the basin, I tentatively lower my hands to cup some water to my face, and feel, refreshed. I drink some more, but feel no better.

Momma was right. I never felt it like that before.

Realizing that Absolutely Nothing is reflected in the now still water's surface, I back away, close my eyes, and see myself Yes, my face is still there, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, those scars. You never were a looker Taduz.

Taking the mirror, with which I had planned to examine more of what I could do to myself, I see the room behind me.

I make a few faces, get close enough that my nose is almost touching the surface, peer at it from the side of my vision, move it back and forth, nothing.

So you can't see your reflection, but you can see yourself and what's around you.

Yawning, even though there is some time before sunrise, I find myself being drawn towards my bed. Refreshed, but that doesn't stop me from wanting sleep now.

"I will try t..."

[Make Sleep]
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Feeling the urge for rest coming over her as well, the Jewess nods to those remaining. "A good rest, everyone." Retreating to her room, she assures her bed is away from any possible path of sunlight and adjust the curtains to block what sunlight they can.

Putting on her night dress, Alína climbs in to bed and allows the rest of the dead to come over her.
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska mouths the girl's words back to Vida with a quizzical look on her face, "All my doggies?"

A look which is heightened at seemingly becoming the adoptive parent of a puppy-hawk-girl. She pats Sabine on the head. "You are my doggie now? The puppies of nobles have to be very well mannered. Are you going to learn how to be a good noble doggie?"

She glances up from the girl wrapped around her to Vida again with a look asking if Seska just got in way over her head.

She wispers, almost afraid to ask, "How... how many doggies do you have?"

[Scene fade. I'm good with moving on.]
Last edited by Seska Karantanija on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”