Balance of Power- Intro Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Too many... wait, what?

How can you have too many accounts? That's just crazy talk.

I'm thinking also that... with the gas masks on, it would be easier to convince the actresses that they'll remain anonymous. I can find some broke-ass college chicks from here around campus. If they figured they wouldn't have to live the video down when they're 50, I think I could make this happen for pretty cheap. Just buy them a few hits of ecstasy or cocaine, get the camcorder out, and it's on!

And the actual gas masks and hazmat suit, as well. The local army surplus store would have those, I think. Not too pricey, either. Slightly used, but that's fine. It'll end up covered in... stuff... anyway. Don't need it to start out new, right?
Lord of the Gyre
Ramen

Post by Lord of the Gyre »

Alright, tomorrow morning I will get to work on all this in a game related thread. Thanks everyone :D
"But a moment later Kasreyn twitched. His limbs shifted. Slowly, stiffly, he climbed to his hands and knees, then to his feet. An instant ago, he had had no pulse: now his heart beat with renewed vigor. Strength flowed back into him. He turned to face the company. He was grinning like a promise of murder."

Gamemaster of Balance of Power 1936
Casper von Hausberg in Vampire: Dark Ages
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Just to let you know for P.Ms (even game related ones) it's best to hit up my primary account (ie this one) as I check it most often. If you P.M my game account I likely will not get it for awhile. I know alot of people have the same problem...too many accounts. Goatkiller. Yes.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Bah. Check the box saying to email you when you get a PM. Have all the accounts send emails to the same email address. Done.

I know, you gotta actually open the email to see which of your accounts got the PM. It sounds like crazy talk, but once you get into the habit, it's not really all that hard to do.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Bah. Check the box saying to email you when you get a PM. Have all the accounts send emails to the same email address. Done.
This is what I do.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Bah. Check the box saying to email you when you get a PM. Have all the accounts send emails to the same email address. Done.

I know, you gotta actually open the email to see which of your accounts got the PM. It sounds like crazy talk, but once you get into the habit, it's not really all that hard to do.
Haha I knew you would have to figure something out. Fair enough. Sounds like a lot of junk emails and a lots of logging in/logging out of accounts though.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I don't actually get many PMs to my character accounts. So it's not "a lot" of junk mail. There is much logging in and out, just so I can post as this character or that character. I have all the usernames and passwords cached, so that part isn't too tedious either. That's no harder than remembering that Led is more aggressive, and Andrea is very condescending. It's all part of the mental process of switching personalities.
Casper von Hausberg
Stonedownor

Post by Casper von Hausberg »

Ah jeez, I just got back from Minneapolis. I need today to myself and then I will finally stop putting this off. I swear it.
Casper von Hausberg, Childe of Isabelle
Clan Toreador
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, for what it's worth, I've decided not to advance Casper's storyline until Balance of Power starts.

<nudge> <nudsge>

heh
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Stalin moves pawn to Hitler's knight.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Churchill casts Swords to Plowshares on Hitler's Knight, removing it from the game.
Lord of the Gyre
Ramen

Goatkiller666 wrote:So, for what it's worth, I've decided not to advance Casper's storyline until Balance of Power starts.

<nudge> <nudsge>

heh
Ironically, the lack of an update for Casper's storyline was what kept me from being inspired to run this. A double-edged sword, you wield.
"But a moment later Kasreyn twitched. His limbs shifted. Slowly, stiffly, he climbed to his hands and knees, then to his feet. An instant ago, he had had no pulse: now his heart beat with renewed vigor. Strength flowed back into him. He turned to face the company. He was grinning like a promise of murder."

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Really, Casper had gotten to a functional stopping point, and I didn't want to roll him to the next evening before the rest of the city. I was just saying that it was BoP that made me do it. (It made me look all bad-ass, though, huh?)
Casper von Hausberg
Stonedownor

Post by Casper von Hausberg »

Sending private messages out right now. Rules and stats have already been posted. Ask me for help if you need it. From now on, OOC posts should be made in ((double brackets)), otherwise I will assume it is all In-Character.
Casper von Hausberg, Childe of Isabelle
Clan Toreador
Huo
Servant of the Land

Post by Huo »

I'M BACK.

NEW NAME.

NEW ACCOUNT.

NEW EVERYTHING.

EXCEPT THE USA.

'CAUSE I'M STILL FDR.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Casper von Hausberg wrote:Sending private messages out right now. Rules and stats have already been posted. Ask me for help if you need it. From now on, OOC posts should be made in ((double brackets)), otherwise I will assume it is all In-Character.
((It would be useful if we had a sub-forum for this game. As for the rules, did I miss something? I received a PM with two lines of information, but I haven't the slightest idea what any of it means or what I can do with it. I've seen the list of country stats, but no rules))
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Lord of the Gyre
Ramen

((Rules were posted on the second page of the thread. Though I would like a subforum...))

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

((Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry for asking an obvious question, but I simply missed all that stuff from the beginning oddly. Anyway, I would strongly recommend not starting until we have an official sub-forum. Things will get messy and confusing otherwise))

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Avatar, if you're reading this, can you do the needful?

If he's not reading this, LotG, send a PM over to him and ask for it. He's always been very responsive to that kind of thing. (Shameless flattery never hurts, right?)
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Yea a sub forum would be good.

Return to “Balance of Power”