Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 5: We Are Revolution

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 5: We Are Revolution

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The Inn of the Pilgrim's Rest

The party wake up in the back of the carriage. As before, Seska and Alina wake first, and Taduz wakes last. Each is wrapped in a heavy wool blanket, which is tucked top and bottom tightly around them. It takes some difficulty to untangle from the blankets, though they're not tied tightly.

Upon exiting the carriage, you find yourselves in a small village, by an inn. Inside this new Inn are Roderigo, Pierre, Bojan, Vida, and Danukas. Roderigo says to Bojan, "And there they are. I suppose I'll be getting the coach ready to go, then. Fill them in on our day's events, please?" Bojan nods to this, and Roderigo heads out to the stables.

Bojan starts out by mentioning that after sunrise, the mortals had to wrap everyone in the wool blankets to get them from the inn into the coach. And they couldn't remove the blankets without exposing you to sunlight as they left the coach afterwards. They'd decided to all follow along, and then drop all but Roderigo off at this village where they could wait for you. They brought all of your mounts with them, just in case.

"But, just outside of town, we… had some trouble. We forded a stream, and then just around the corner there's a tree fallen across the road. When we stopped to move it, out come these brigands. They come at Pierre and Roderigo, who was riding first, not thinking there was any other in the group. Myself and Danukas came up after, and that tipped the scales. There was four of em, which would be a tough fight for any normal group on a coach like that. With four of us, and trained soldiers all of us, we had little trouble with four half-starved brigands. We kill't one right off. Two more of 'em run off. And the last one got hit in the leg and couldn't run. That one says to us, 'There was only supposed to be one of ye!'. We boxed him in the ear a bit, and he shared as how he was put on this job by another. Rich looking' dandy, who gave 'em some wooden stakes and told 'em to expect us. They even knew what the coach looked like."

He chuckled. "Sounded like my old chum Lothar, when he described the dandy, too. But lucky for us, they decided they'd just rob us instead of kill everyone and burn the bodies. They had a couple of deadfalls set up to drop trees onto the coach. It's strong, but it would've cracked like an egg and the sun'd've burnt you down to crisps."

"Roderigo looked the man in the eyes and told him to sleep. We tied him up and then we put him in the carriage with you. Figured someone could use sorcery to find his secrets or somesuch." He points to a man sitting at another table, staring intently at the fire. Closer inspection shows that he's tied to the chair, hands and feet. He has a crude bandage tied around his leg, and several bruises on his face. "Meet Jozsi."

"Roderigo suggested that you all might be a bit hungry, and said he'd love to have some time to question him, but that you couldn't bring the man to where Claudio is holed up. He'd be able to show that we were all together on the way up here. So you'll want him to not survive. It's no worse a fate than the local magistrate would grant to a highway brigand anyway."

"We've got Lord Gedeminas' wagon and team around back, plus our own carriage and horses M'lady. Oh, and the healer's little ass. We didn't know what to do with all of Sabine's dogs. In the end, we decided to leave 'em, only they just got up and started following the coach. Quiet as never you mind, just pacing along. They'd stopped at the stream to drink, or they'd have likely overrun those brigands before we'd even gotten our swords out. Pierre tried to get them to track the two what ran, but that big one… Szolt… just glared at 'em all, and none of 'em would leave the coach at all. So we just came on this way, instead."

Roderigo comes in again, brushing imaginary dust off his hands as he does. "Team's all rigged up again, and the coach is ready to go when you are, Lords and Ladies. The Inn of the Lion is just a couple miles up the road, though it's up the hill a fair slant. Now that it's dark, you can approach and address Claudio and his ilk about what happened."

He walks over to Jozsi, smiling pleasantly. Then he suddenly pounds the bottom of his fist down onto the bandaged part of his leg, making the man scream out. Roderigo's smile is suddenly more wicked than pleasant. "You'd best take what you can from thisun's mind before you take his life's blood. There's little time left."
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

I smile at the slam on the wound.

Slave is a real man when his prey is helpless.

"So, the Lackey knew we were coming."

"Jozsi is it? You have something we want. We now have something you want. What is your life worth" glance at Roderigo then back to Jozsi "now that your master has abandoned you?"

He most likely knows nothing of what Lackey knows, but we can get information.

"Where did you meet him? What was your pay? How do you know him? From the sounds you and your band were quiet busy little bees, who else was in your band? Where did you work out of? We want to know everything, from any wenches you may have dallied with that you may have spoken of this errand, to any tavern table where while drunk you may have blurted out your duty."

Everyone in this town is suspect if we are known, how do you interrogate a whole town without letting some slip out? You raze it. That brings attention though.

"You are hurt, we maybe able to ease your pain. Granted, you tried to kill us. So your information had best be good, complete, and with no holes. The sooner you start answering questions, the sooner something may be done."

I pick up the nearest glass of wine, I take a dash of salt out of my pouch of it, add some to the glass of wine smiling semiapologetically to the owner of drink. "Fresh sea salt, like a breeze from the ocean" swirl it around, sniff the bouquet, fake appreciation, and slowly start to tip the glass over the bandaged leg. "It also hurts when applied to bleeding wounds"

"Speak. Now."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Jozsi jerks his head down to his leg, then back up to Taduz. He smiles and says, "Aww, squire, you 'ad me goin'... ahhhhhh!" It seems that the salted wine took a few seconds to soak through the bandage before the effect worked. "Sod off, you blighter! I don't know nuffin'. I'd tell you if'n I did. Right? I don't know that bloke from Adam. 'E ain't nuffin' tuh me. Ah! Ah! Damn, that 'hurts!"

After the pain subsides a bit, or perhaps just the pain from the ropes cutting into his wrists starts to overpower the pain of his legs, he gasps a bit. "Right, look mate. We was out in the woods, sittin' 'round the fire. No travelers in days, and we was 'ungry, right? And all of a sudden, this dandy bloke just strolls out the darkness, plain as can be. 'E's got nice stuff on, but 'e's armed, blade already drawn. 'E 'ad the drop on us, and that's no lie. And 'e tells us that 'e wants to 'ire us. Says that some people in a black carriage would be comin', and we 'us to stop 'em and kill 'em all. Bloke throws a bag 'o coin to the ground between us, and even whi'out touchin' it, we could tell there was silver in there, too. You can hear the 'ting' sound, like a glass bell. He says there's more like it if we have proof of the deed in a week's time when he comes back."

He looks up at Taduz and Roderigo. "And that's all I know, honest! On my mother's soul, that's it. I swear it."
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

*spending blood to boost Strength to maximum*

Picking up one of the stakes, the Norseman takes it in both hands, and wrings it like a wet rag, producing a rain of toothpicks.

"Ho, perhaps it would be more entertaining were I to do so with your arm...Unless you wish to entertain us by telling what we wish to know."
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Wincing at the pain Talduz inflicts on the brigand, the healer moves to unobtrusively place herself between the Norseman and Jozsi. Alína then uses her new found power on minds to skim Jozsi's surface thoughts, attempting to determine if he is telling all he knows. (Auspex 4, please)
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
Rishon, tishtadel l'azor,
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

Above all else, hasten to help.
And then, do no harm.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[How you expect to unobtrusively stand between someone and the person he's focusing intently on... I'm not sure. Anything less than obtrusive, and you wouldn't be between them.]

[Alina (and others who PM'd me) find from Jozsi's mind that he honestly doesn't know anything further. You can see that the dandy really was Lothar, and they were hired a couple days prior.]

Jozsi watches the hard wooden stake crumble in Olaf's hands, and starts to panic. He tries to crawl away from him, though he's held fast. The chair starts to wobble from his squirming, though there's no danger of the chair falling over just yet. "I swear to Christ, Lord. That's all I know. Please? Ask me any details you want, and I'll try to answer. But there's nothing more I can think of..."

Vida suddenly stands up and quickly leaves the room, heading for the back rooms. Bojan looks from Seska to Vida, then follows after her, saying "Excuse me M'lady. I think she needs me more than you do, now."
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

"Szolt and the others followed me?"

I run outside to be with my pack.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Pressing the issue

"How long ago were you approached by him? You said he'd be back in a weeks time. You claim he mentioned the carriage we were in, and you knew the exact path we came to knock down the trees? This seems to be more than a simple sap and snatch that you and your fellows were trying to do. Where were you supposed to meet him?"

Glancing at Olaf's new shoestring wood chips and blinking twice.

"You see, my companion is rather excitable, and you having seen this Lackey, has put him in a foul foul mood. Be quick with you answers, and don't bring that into the explanation. You turned your back on him when you took your silver to kill someone."

Snicker

"Jozsi, Jozsi...Judas? Tell me Judas, make me believe. Or your Christ may be the next person you see. Assuming you get in."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"It was... three nights ago. He said only that a coach, all black with darkly shuttered windows would come through. He said nothing about other carriages or who would be in it. Just that coach, and that we was to kill all who rode in it, put those stakes through their dead hearts, and leave them by the side of the road. He says it was to serve as a warning to others... other what, I've no rekoning, but to others."

"We wasn't to meet him... he didn't tell us his name or where he staid. He seemed to think he'd just show up in a week's time to check in on us."

[For those delving into his mind, this follows with what he remembers.]
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Vida suddenly stands up and quickly leaves the room, heading for the back rooms. Bojan looks from Seska to Vida, then follows after her, saying "Excuse me M'lady. I think she needs me more than you do, now."
Seska nods to Bojan in agreement. "It is alright. I would rather not watch this myself if I did not need to hear what he says."

She watches the men rough the brigand up, although there is a look of displeasure on her face through the entire spectacle.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Hovering over the wounded man, exuding all the menace possible, Olaf does NOT actually lay a hand on him...yet. He stands ready to do so, should Taduz indicate some deception.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

"Who else was with you, reports have said one of your band died, the other 2 escaped, who are they, what are their strengths and weaknesses, are they wanderers or mayhap a family in the area?"

and most importantly.

"Where do they lair?"

If lessons are to be made, and examples made of others. These rented beasts surely are no loss to anyone.

"No need for Lackey to have warning of our arrival is there? Unless you, or one of your companions was to give a signal of some sort..."

[OOC: I'm done with the interrogation, unless something pops into my head while at work or his answers provoke more kindness.]

Waiting for his final set of answers, I look to Gedeminas, the only known thought stealer in group, for confirmation of Jozsi/Judas' honesty, or if he's going to be victim of Bad Things.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"My fellows were Jorge, Milos, and Karl. I... I don't know which of them fell. I swear it. I was shoved to the ground after my leg was struck, and I couldn't see my friend die. But we're none of us great men, as they say. We had swords, you see? So we could take to briganding. But even then, too many travelers these days go with guards, or in pilgrim caravans. Or those twice damned Templars or Teutonic Knights are with them. So our strength? is that we're hungry men with swords." He turns to Roderigo, appealing, "You saw us fight. You saw what strength we had... not enough to best you. Not enough to even harm you."

"As to where we lair?... heh... I guess we are like animals. So be it. There's a cave, about a mile upstream from where we attacked you. The stream goes into the forest, and up an incline. The cave is by a pool, where the stream comes down a cliff. It's not deep, but it'll hide a fire, so the Baron's guards won't find us hiding there."

[He's telling the truth as he knows it.]

Outside, Sabine finds all the dogs sleeping together. They're sprawled out under Gedeminas' wagon. Most of them are deeply asleep from having run through the day. Szolt raises his head and thumps his tail once when he sees Sabine, but otherwise stays where he is.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Seeing no response from Gedeminas...

He's holding something back.

"I'm not sure you've told everything. This should prove. Enlightening."

[Vicissitude 2, grasp and start to delve into the right arm, nice and meaty upper section parting flesh, muscle, and sinew.]

"Now look closely. Watch. Until you've said everything, I'm going to remove parts. This first one is painless. The next one will not be"

[Vicissitude 3, mold/soften the ends of the bone so it easily slides out of the socket and parts from the other end cleanly, pull it out]

[Vicissitude 2 reseal it up keeping the bone out. This total procedure should have had little to no pain, but feel unsettling as all get out]

I walk to the door, toss the bone outside towards where I heard Sabine's pack, not into the pack, don't want to hurt the doggies.

"A gift, to Szolt, and Sabine's friends"

Walking back to Judas "Now, what are you holding back. Be quick. That was easy, and next time may not be so painless."

I realize....this is actually fun.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

"No!" Alína screams as she watches Taduz remove the bone from the brigand's arm. Placing herself directly in front of Jozsi, she continues, "He is telling the truth as he knows it and has held back nothing in response to your questions!

"Save that until one of us tells you he has changed his tactics," she glares.
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

She can do it also?

"You can steal thoughts also."

"He himself hasn't proven very reliable, taking money to kill strangers, then willingly breaking his word to his employer, and then planning to rob us. His word isn't worth much. None spoke up to say he was truthful. I was simply making sure, in a painless way."

To Judas "It was painless, wasn't it?"
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Still glaring at Taduz, the healer replies, "Yes, I can do it as well. Did I not as much as admit that when I told Gedeminas that Sabine could "talk" to me, and quite possibly to him when in animal form? How else would such be done, if not by reading her thoughts?

"As far as removing the bone of this one's arm painlessly, I am not questioning your ability or if it was painless. But can he now use the arm in anyway? The slave of Hardestadt suggested we question this one then do away with him. There may be yet another option for him. I am merely thinking we may not wish to permanently damage him until we know for certain he is not to survive..." she trails off as the futility of the brigand's situation fully hits her and turns her head away briefly, then turns it back with resolve once again.

"If there is anyway this one can be kept alive after questioning, I ask you refrain from harming him further. Unless he does start lying to us or starts holding things back. Which I promise to let everyone know as soon as I become aware of such occuring."
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

"Sabine was a hawk. She can mimic animal sounds, as we heard. You made similar sounds, speaking as animals do. If she was a hawk and could talk to you, it would follow that you both speak animal. You and Gedeminas both are the same, clan, if the elder Rom was correct. If you can make animal sounds, your clanmate maybe able to also. Sabine can do it also. While a different clan, She did say not all powers are exclusive, or hinted at it in the least."

She'd defend one who'd take money for murder of herself, and others...

"You'd let an oathbreaker, paid murderer, and thief free at your back? That arm may have been the one that drove the stake through your chest." Or did, well, let's not think about what he may have done to you. A brigand to the core. And you'd have been helpless."

"I am not one to let enemies alive at my back when they are done with their usefulness when captured. He spilled his lines, you've said he knows nothing else. Killing him would be a mercy, to him most of all. Christ's followers want to meet him, we'd be doing Judas a favor sending him to meet him."

Peeking at Judas "What he thinks of your actions, are between you and him though."

"Besides, it may have broken him of his nefarious ways. The Lackey and slave's master are both not above killing people as warnings, this would just have been one in the same vein."

You remove a mans arm bone, your hands covered in blood, and talk of veins. Taduz, you could be a jester if you keep this up.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska finds the current interrogation too much to take and with a disgusted look on her face steps outside.

Finding Sabine amongst the pack of dogs, she finally has her answer to "how many". A bit concerned she asks, "Sabine? Do you understand we cannot bring all these dogs with us? They will make it difficult for us to gain acceptance with Giovanni. You can bring Soltz, but the others need to stay away from the inn we are going to." She gets a gleam in her eye from some hidden thought, "However they can stay nearby if they remain out of sight and keep quiet. We may need their protection."
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Taduz Illyannovich wrote:"You'd let an oathbreaker, paid murderer, and thief free at your back?
"I did not say we should let him go free," the Jewess responded as she looked pointedly at Roderigo, Danukas, and Pierre. "Just that perhaps there are options available to us other than killing him where use of that arm may be justified."
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”