Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 5: We Are Revolution

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska looks about the room and notes how empty it is with only the innkeep and the young girl and their odd behavior. She moves to speak with the innkeep, "Can you direct me to Lady Amisa? Or Lord Giovanni?" Despite seeming to hear her, he continues to uselessly stare at the papers in front of him.

She makes a tiny sigh and scans the room for where she might find the Conspirators in the large inn. There is the door to the kitchen, and a split staircase which heads to the upstairs rooms. She decides to try the hallway under the staircase first, but finds all the doors in the hall locked. Some have small windows and peeking through them shows no one present. Having no luck here, she heads upstairs. A balcony overlooks the main hall, and several meeting rooms are off it, with large windows that let the occupants watch what is happening below.

Finding no one upstairs she picks one of the empty meeting rooms to sit down and think.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

The healer winces as she looks upon the results of the "beating" Roderigo was subjected to. Better to look this way, and suffer the consequences, than to actually have been subjected to it, I guess, she muses to herself.
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
Rishon, tishtadel l'azor,
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

Above all else, hasten to help.
And then, do no harm.

Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I get some hay. I help the girl spread it around. I laugh and dance. I fling hay everywhere. It's a big mess.

"La la LA! La la la la."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Downstairs

The girl still ignores Sabine, but then goes back and tries to tidy up the straw she's tossing all over the tables. She starts to look nervous while she does it. The man makes no response to Sabine or Seska.

After Seska has checked the downstairs hall and the upstairs, Taduz enters. Right behind him, Roderigo comes stumbling in, shoved in by Olaf. Finally, Alina and Gedeminas come in, seeming a little put off by the violence aimed at the ghoul.

Roderigo trips as he continues into the room, cursing under his breath when he falls to the ground. Then, there is laughter from within the room. He recognizes that voice. In fact, all of the party does. They can not tell the source, but somewhere in the room, Claudio Giovanni is laughing.

"Roderigo? So that is how Hardestadt found us out. And our wayward childer have not only survived, some of them at least, but have brought back this traitor to us. Oh, we have underestimated you all, to be sure. You are all most welcome here, in our home away from home."

With this, all thirteen of the sires appear around the room. Most of them were hidden by Obfuscate, but not all.

A section of shadow in the corner begins to flicker, then extends upwards until it assumes the shape of a man. The clothes stay the same color of black, while the face and hands change into Leopold's normal skin tone. As this happens, the two mortals in the room quickly look away; the girl stifles an almost panic'd moan.

From under the door to the kitchen, a pool of blood comes oozing out. It too rises into the form of a man, becoming Mieczyslav. From around the sides of that same door comes a thin wispy fog. This condenses down into the form of Dimitra, standing next him.

The other sires are seated at various tables around the room, while Giovanni has risen to walk towards Roderigo, hands extended. The ghoul steps away from his former master, moving behind Olaf in the process. Giovanni says, "Oh, be not afraid, kine. I promise your end will be swift. I only wish to know how Hardestadt was able to get to you." He turns to Olaf, "Though, I'd also quite enjoy hearing the tale of how you managed to make off with him after we left you."

Roderigo turns to Taduz, saying "You p-promised. You wouldn't let him kill me, if I brought you here. Protect me!"

Upstairs

Seska is sitting alone in a small parlor upstairs, with large windows (real glass) that look outside towards the valley view they'd seen on their way in. It would be breathtaking, if she were really paying attention to such things, which she wasn't. There is a small sofa set to look out the window, and another set to look out the open doorway towards the lower floor. This sofa is far enough back that one can hear what's happening, but not see it (or be seen). Seska takes a seat there while she considers her next steps.

Seska hears the party's entry, as Roderigo is yelping in pain from tripping and falling on the floor. Shortly after this, she hears laughter coming from down in the common room. She recognizes the voice as well. She sits bolt upright as he speaks, and as Roderigo pleads with Taduz, fear clearly evident in his voice. Then she feels a gentle touch on her shoulder. Amisa's voice whispers in her ear, the breath almost tickling her neck, "Welcome back, my childe. I had hoped that you might survive. I hadn't dared to hope that you would come back to me, however."
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

He cracked already. Useless offal...

Turning, eyes blazing in anger

"SLAVE. I told you, if you were obedient, followed orders, and were quiet."

Think fast old man.

Slap him once, left hand.

"You were not obedient. Olaf made you listen."

Slap him twice quickly, forehand, backhand, right handed.

"You did not follow orders, for that, you lost the use of your hand, Olaf made you obedient.

Triple tap him, fore, back, forehand, left handed, but clench and hold his face with the last one and squeeze.

"I said, if you served well, I would make a case for you as my Slave."

Squeezing until his mouth opens, glaring murder into his face.

"Now, you may live, to serve me yet."

Reaching into his mouth with my other hand.

[Vicissitude 2]

This should keep him from talking.

As I pull out his tongue, separate from the rest of Roderigo, turn around to face the room, and then put it in a pocket. Next to the teeth I removed.

In case I have to put that back in.

"Slave, now you may get to serve me."

Turning to face Slave again, bellowing into his face "IN SILENCE."

Turning to face the room, and Claudio "My apologies, I thought I had trained him better. The one we took him from, apparently does not keep his pets well heeled. It won't happen again. His mewling was getting on my nerves as it was. Animals do bleat when they are hurt though, don't they?"

Spirits, hope he bought it.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Claudio is a bit put out by Taduz stepping into what he felt was his area. But, he doesn't press the point, as clearly Roderigo wasn't as much his as he'd thought. [Etiquette roll got two successes.]

Behind him, several of the sires are startled by the brutality of the act. Generally with approval. Mieczyslav even applauds, and whispers loudly to Gabrin, "You missed out when you chose not to embrace this one, my friend."

Roderigo plays along while Taduz is striking him. But when he feels his tongue separate, he loses his control. He pulls away from Taduz and backs into the wall while putting his fingers into his mouth to try to find his tongue. He starts to make noises, nothing like words, but all understand that this is true despair.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Goatkiller666 wrote: He starts to make noises, nothing like words, but all understand that this is true despair.
Turning back to Slave

"Now, what did I just say about being quiet?"

Snarling at him "I can seal your lips shut. Or your nose. Or both. Then you will be silent."

Turning back to the sires

"My apologies again, I hope this interruption won't happen again."

"Those fools who barged into your...event, their leader, doesn't know how to train his creatures."

Smirking

"Apparently Oh-Pompous-One's castle isn't as impenetrable as he thought. Your choices for...gifting us? Made it quiet easy to escape."

Looking over my shoulder at Slave.

"He didn't know what was in his best interest. After we freed ourselves, and recovered from His ministrations, waylaid him."

"He did not understand, so weak, believing his Master would protect him. Fat good his pale nobleman's name did for him. Olaf...convinced him to lead us out."

Turning back to the sires.

"He doesn't learn quickly. Apparently he has a habit of switching sides. A truly nasty habit. I intend to ensure that he is incapable of ever doing so again."

Smiling slightly

"He doesn't retain well either, we had to remind him daily of his new place. From pampered lapdog, to chattel. Well, really Olaf reminded him."

Showing my winning smile.

"I think this lesson shall be one he doesn't forget though, don't you?"

I turn slightly and bow to Mieczyslav.

"Your gifts have proven to be most useful M'lord. My thanks for your wisdom in freeing me from my limits."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Upstairs

Seska starts at the whispering in her ear, although she tries to hide her surprise. She turns her head towards the voice with a wistful smile. "Thank Kupala!" She closes her eyes and takes a calming breath. "I was worried you would not be here. I... I... there is so much to ask. These past nights have been difficult...." Seska pauses for a moment. "I am grateful to have found you."
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

[Spend blood:]
  • 1 blood - protean 2
    2 blood - dex to 6
    2 blood - str to 3
[Animalism 1]I growl at the people. They appeared suddenly. One of them is the bad man who cut my throat.

I bet I could cut his throat.
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Spend blood--

3 for Str, save 2 if needed..one for Celerity, one for "Other"

"Ho, Taduz, if your words fail yet again, shall my hand administer correction?" while I keep my eyes moving, looking for a certain someone.....
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Downstairs

Roderigo quickly shuts up. Mieczyslav bows slightly to Taduz, as well. Gabrin glares at the both of them, and quietly makes his way to a darker corner of the room to sit again.

Olaf catches sight of Marchettus. As before, he can sense his rage rising in him, cold and bitter like a northern winter night on the water. He manages to retain some control for the moment. Roderigo glances at him, when he feels a brief chill breeze.[Two successes on self-control.]

Then, as Sabine growls (remarkably like a hunting dog), Wenceslas exclaims to Dimitra, "Gracious, is that dear girl growling at me like a beast? Pray, control thy get, Dimitra. She has quite lost whatever childish innocence she may once have had. I am quite through with her." [Two successes on self-control.]

Claudio glances between the two and chuckles, as he says "It would seem your attentions of the other night weren't as welcomed as you'd have liked, My Lord." He looks around, then asks "Where is the one who came in with the girl-creature? That fetching Countess, my neighbor?" After another glance, "Oh, I see Amisa is gone as well. They may be a while, I'll wager."

Casmir, in turn, holds out both of his arms towards Alina and Gedeminas. "Two of my childer have survived. This speaks much of the strength of my line, does it not Theophania?" He steps towards them as if to give a big hug.

Upstairs

"Hush, precious one. We have all the time of eternity, now. You may share all of your burdens with me, if you wish. But tell me, how did you come to be here? What of Hardestadt's troops? Are you pursued? Must we all leave this place as well? What of the others from that night?"
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

The Jewess stands stock still and gazes at Casmir's proffered embrace. Bliss or damnation? she wonders. Which does his touch hold for me this time?

Struggling to contain the paradox of craving Casmir's touch, and being repulsed by it at the same time, Alína moves forward cautiously towards the open arms. "It is good to see you, m'l-rd," she responds. "There is so much to ask and learn. We talked of power briefly at our last meeting. Powers I seem to have lost, only to be replaced by others. It is a puzzle to which perhaps you hold the key..."
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
Rishon, tishtadel l'azor,
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

Above all else, hasten to help.
And then, do no harm.

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Upstairs

Seska bows her head, in a relieved manner as she begins to answer Amisa's questions, "We brought Roderigo. He was able to guide us here. We saw no sign of pursuit by Hardestadt, however I cannot say what Roderigo might have told him."

She thinks for a moment, trying to recall the evening of their embrace. "My memories of that evening are confused. All of us here now were the only ones to be taken to Hardstadt's castle." Seska's face lights up with remembrance. "Except that one fellow. Xander I think. He disappeared after."

Seska looks like she has more to tell, but is hesitant.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Upstairs

"Xander? Which one was he? The idiot knight, the idiot monk, or that luscious welshman?"
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

"No, he was the mousy fellow who was brought in while we were sitting, after we had... we had..." She loses some of the flush from her cheeks at recalling her Harrowing.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Upstairs

"Oh yes. Dimitra's plaything for the night. Hrm. And what of the others... dead in the fighting?"

Sensing Seska's difficulty at remembering all this, she reaches both hands down to rub comfortingly on her shoulders.
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I look at the other little girl.

He didn't cut her yet.

I growl at him louder.

[Spend blood:]
  • 3 blood: str to 6
    2 blood: sta to 3
He won't ever cut her.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Upstairs

"Maybe." She shakes her head, really unsure of their fate. "I remember waking to your kiss. " She rolls her eyes at remembering the pleasure of that initial moment of rebirth. "Then the overwhelming hunger. Supping from your wrist and how it was not enough to sate.... Every thing after is a jumble until waking upon that damp floor... the beam of light creeping through the room... unable to move or blink."

"It was an eternity of hellish torture."
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Goatkiller666 wrote:She has quite lost whatever childish innocence she may once have had. I am quite through with her.
I That bow man towards Wenceslas Gabran does,to what show to no innocent disrespect children towards like him Sabine.?

At the deepest part of my bow, I close my eyes to hide the fury.

He is like Father Antoninous. He must pay.

And silently call to the spirits...

I am Taduz. I know you are here. You know me. You can hear me. Heed my call. You know what I can do. I will have obedience. Spirit of Flames, rise, engulf. Make Him Pay for what he's done. Burn, cleanse.

Marshalling my inner strength to ensure I will not be denied. [Spend 1 Willpower]

DO IT NOW!
Last edited by Taduz Illyannovich on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Upstairs

Her grip tightens suddenly, fingers diggin almost painfully into Seska's shoulders. Still in a whisper, but with fierceness, she hisses, "Perhaps you will reconsider how bad it was to be unable to move or blink while merely inside a casket under some dirt, far from the horrible sun."

Then her tongue snakes around to grip Seska's throat, firmly but with tenderness, caressing the underside of her jaw as it returns to Amisa's mouth.

"Perhaps you will forgive my treatment that night, in light of what evils I could have committed." Then she releases Seska, walks around to the front of the couch and holds out her hand. "Come, let us rejoin the others down below. We wouldn't want to sully your reputation."

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”