Vanir - Rules & Comments

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Syl wrote:Telling people what I was doing would spoil all the fun. Once the game is over, maybe.
On the other hand, there wasn't much going on with Agapé. Her people were exploring lands and getting to know others, sharing Love as they could.

But, I am hoping Odin will bring surprises and history from the Age of the Æsir in to the Age of the Vanir. I really would like to know about Nergal, the Judge, and Hel, having come so close to choosing to enter, and then backing off as it were. But, I want to learn about it in story, as Odin chooses to reveal it.

There are characters I created and NPCs introduced in to Agapé's storyline I truly felt was deserted when the Age ended so abruptly, but I was told, "write a book about them" when I complained. I now hope somewhere in the to be revealed history, their story will still unfold.

Not by me, as Leaf has no knowledge of them.

The same with Leaf being in Velt's forest now. There is very little Leaf, or I, know of the previous Age under Velt, but now that my prophet is actually able to finally talk to Leaf, maybe some back story will become available to me. All I can say is that I am enjoying how Odin is revealing what I am learning a little at a time, as the story dictates. I don't want that ruined.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Except maybe for the golems and the Judge, nobody else on the planet even knows WHO the old gods were or how long ago they lived. I doubt seriously that any of our named NPCs are even memories now.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Menolly wrote: but now that my prophet is actually able to finally talk to Leaf, maybe some back story will become available to me.
Same here. :D
Goatkiller666 wrote:Except maybe for the golems and the Judge, nobody else on the planet even knows WHO the old gods were or how long ago they lived. I doubt seriously that any of our named NPCs are even memories now.
I dunnno, I'd bet the Rocs have kept a history. UrUk was their creator after all..same goes for the slipfish.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Yeah, but that would be recorded history. ALL of the peoples of the world are descended from the people back then. But... recorded history gets progressively more vague, the farther back you go. (Then again, maybe Serloth's people kept METICULOUS records of everything, and all someone has to do is spend the centuries reading it all to get a better idea of what happened between then and now.)

Anyway... among the players, what's the consensus about whether or not knowing what everybody did back then might impact the game now?

Odin's signed off (he gets no vote, since he knew it all anyway).
I vote for sharing.
Syl votes for not sharing.

I'm not sure how anybody else votes.

For my part, like Menolly, all that Erd did, he posted about. His plans for the future, on the other hand... that's when the really cool stuff was gonna show up.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Syl doesn't vote for not sharing. Syl just doesn't vote for him sharing. ;)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I'd kind of assumed that we wouldn't share unless everyone agreed to it. (And even that if everyone else agreed to it, you'd change your mind.) We can't force anyone, obviously.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I love stories and am dying to know what everyone was up to and what they had managed to do in the previous Age. But, I want to learn what is known via game. If we ever leave Narie in game for good, then all can be shared.

I love the Pantheon Second Age Best of thread, I learned a lot regarding how to play I had never realized was even possible via that thread. But I think many of those who posted there did so thinking we would not be returning to Eiran for a Third Age.

My preference is to wait.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

I unlocked the thread a couple days ago, when you asked. Obviously, nobody can be forced to share. If you want to, go for it.
I climb the road to Cold Mountain,
The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.
- Han-shan

We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost

Today was a good day. - Ice Cube
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

In the old Aesir R&C thread, Odin wrote:Well, at least I got one turn submission... :lol:
Bet it was someone
Who claims to have submitted
A few turns ahead
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Correct about that
And thank you for moving this
To where it belongs
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

The talk regarding looking for results on Eiran prompts me to ask how processing is coming for Narie, SomeFather?

...tap...Tap...TAP...
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I think mine was the last in, it'll probly be soonish...
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Yeah, I expected to be done by yesterday or the day before. But there's been a good deal of craziness in rl the last few days, and more to come today and this weekend, at the very least. But I'm also off work today, and might be able to throw some sanity, and Vanir, into the mix.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

The Illuminati
Servant of the Land

Post by The Illuminati »

For what it's worth, I think he did finish my results somewhere in there. Then I mentioned that he'd misunderstood something in my submission, so... now I'm at the end of the queue again.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Folks, I just got a text from Odin, asking me to post a quick note to convey his apologies for the continued lack of results, and to mention that he'd be back on track in the next day or two. It seems that life has thrown him some curves.

I think he mentioned having to bury his son beneath the earth, and place a serpent over him to drip venom into his eyes until Ragnarok.

Something like that.
Dread Poet Jethro

Entombing the boy...
That excuse again? Where's his
Imagination?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

In Odin's defense, I wasn't really paying attention. He might have been talking about having to take out the trash, insted. He and Freya have so many spawn running around the place, I can't help but tune it out.

I had some nice memories to the Loki scene from the Sandman comics when I wrote that, though.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Thanks for passing along my message. The Illuminati will probably benefit nicely. Perhaps the human sacrifices will be extra potent this season.

Still not there, I'm afraid. There's a pretty big crisis going on these days, and it's made any kind of creativity impossible. Hell, I wasn't on the Watch at all for a few days in a row, which has only happened once before in the last 8+ years. I'm not saying I'm putting the game on hold, but I don't know if I'll be getting to it for a week or more. Sorry, hang in there, thank you for your patience, etc.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Somefather, we continue to love Xar and Syl, in spite of entirely reasonable situations where they chose others over us.

We may perhaps love you for the same transgression.

And at least I didn't tell them about what you were really doing... disappearing a dead hooker after a rough weekend. I don't think you wanted anybody to know about that, so I didn't tell them.
Dread Poet Jethro

Surely not the blonde
Seen in Grand Central Station
Late last September?

Tell CSI to
Check for sugar residue
And plastic fork marks
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers