Vanir - Rules & Comments

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Spider Woman, I just have to say that intro is great!
I'm already intrigued.
Spider Woman
Servant of the Land

Post by Spider Woman »

Why, thank you. <bows>
We are all connected.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Is that everyone, SomeFather?
If so, when is Turn 1 deadline?
Will deadline be posted at the end of the stats post, as it was in Æsir?
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

can it be an option to begin the game manifested? How will manifestation in general work?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

heh.
As the SomeFather knows, that was my plan...
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Menolly wrote:Is that everyone, SomeFather?
If so, when is Turn 1 deadline?
Will deadline be posted at the end of the stats post, as it was in Æsir?
Still waiting for a couple.
Yes, deadline will be posted at the end of the stats post, as it was in Æsir. Which, for the new players, means, it's the last thing in the first post of the Game thread, after the list of deities. It's in red. It's there now, but no deadline is given.

balon! wrote:can it be an option to begin the game manifested? How will manifestation in general work?
I was thinking of not allowing Manifestations at all. In Pantheon, Manifesting means your actions are more powerful. More successful. But here, it's never really been in issue. It's a game of seeing what ideas you come up with that work within this plane's laws. Which means they make sense to how I envision this stuff working. So, while you may have to scratch or modify an idea from time to time, it's darned likely to succeed. There's no "more successful because I Manifested" kind of thing.

However, one of you (OK, Preview shows that she already admitted it's her) is entirely about Manifesting immediately. I don't know if she can even envision beginning the game without it. So I'll allow ONE Manifestation per deity in the game. I'll figure out a way to make it work out better than it would have otherwise. I'll give it some sort of extra kick. (I will NOT be taking suggesting on how anybody's action should get an extra kick.) So choose your moment wisely, eh? Heh. First turn. Twentiety turn. Whatever you want.
I climb the road to Cold Mountain,
The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.
- Han-shan

We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost

Today was a good day. - Ice Cube
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Good twist. I like it. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Coolness.

I'm sure I'll miss doing it later, but I didn't plan on having any extra bonus because of manifesting. I wasn't even calling it manifesting in my discussions with the SomeFather, but instead I am thinking of it as my deity's incarnation on Narie. Which, although nothing has happened yet, has already begun at the end of her prolegomenon...
Odin wrote:Still waiting for a couple.
Cool!
Could they post in the registration thread in the meantime, so we know what domains to look forward to seeing?
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

They certainly could.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Agapé
Ramen
Location: I'm so lovable, the doctors gave me a special white jacket so I can hug myself!

Post by Agapé »

in the background thread Odin wrote:Mekoth
Mekoth is as different from Ayana as can be. Although war can sometimes be found anywhere, it was not subject to war with the Judge. Left to its own, it was once a unified paradise. Legend suggests that great powers once united in friendship, and gave the continent a golden era of unparalleled glory that lasted for at least three centuries, and possibly as long as a millennium. Why such is not still the case is unknown. However, Mekoth is still largely blessed. Despite the occasional strike by the Judge (which may have much to do with the fall of the golden era), there is a greatness to the continent.

Much like Erd took note of a couple of his golems surviving, and the drommonds trolling the seas, I take note that perhaps my and my prophets attempts at peaceful negotiations at all times may have helped my people's home continent attain this greatness. May the dawning Age see this continue.

My Love to all on Narie...
Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

And when you feel afraid, love one another
When you've lost your way, love one another
When you're all alone, love one another
When you're far from home, love one another
When you're down and out, love one another
All your hopes run out, love one another
When you need a friend, love one another
When you're near the end, love one another
We got to love one another
The Illuminati
Servant of the Land

Post by The Illuminati »

I'm assuming that since we cannot normally communicate with our followers (other than our prophet), that manifesting was how we could otherwise do that.

Is there some kind of manner by which we may spend DRP to send images of ourselves to a place? Just for communication's purpose, not to augment some working.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

You can certainly communicate with anyone other than your Prophet using power. Doesn't even have to be a follower of yours. And sure, it can be an image of yourself. Some group sees a vision of you, and gets a message.

Still waiting for two folks. And even if they don't get it all worked out until tomorrow or Thursday, I don't see why a Sunday deadline wouldn't work.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Sunday is fine with me.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Yeah, let's go with Sunday.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I asked in PM, but how liberal can we be with craeting details of Narie?

Can I write about what the Merfolk eat? How about new customs or ways of living? Things like that.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

At the moment, you can only look around, and find out what's there. I'll tell you what I know of Narie.

Which could easily be not enough information. In which case, I'll let you know how much and what kinds of things you can make up.

But ask for specific information. Not merely, "What's in that valley over there?" Ask if they're warlike; what foods they eat; the average lifespan...

But only if you need to know! :lol: If it's an important part of your planning, I'll be glad to tell you (make it up), or let you make it up. But I don't want to work on every aspect of every city just because you think it would be interesting to know. :mrgreen:
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

For the time being, looks like we're at nine. (A prominent number in Odin's mythology, btw. :D) So go ahead and post in the Game thread if you want.

Turn 1 deadline's tomorrow.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

Are the Dreamers still around?
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I'm guessing that is part of what players will need to find out as they learn about Narie in this Age, Fire Daughter.

I am hoping so...
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Just added at the end of the Background post.

Politics
The Judge's empire is, by far, the largest political structure.

The rocs have the next largest, both the xenophobic group and the others on the islands between Ayana and Mekoth.

Ayana is largely isolated cities and villages. Cities not as large as those on Mekoth. It seems the wars with the Judge made large political entities impossible. Newer buildings and villages (only a couple centuries old, rather than ancient) give the impression that things have taken a turn for the better. Perhaps when the gigantic rune came to be.

Culturally, the peoples north and south of the mountains on Mekoth are each relatively homogenous, and are also somewhat related to each other. Politically, however, the continent is not particularly unified. There are many cities, and some small groupings. But it appears that they have not been unified in many centuries.

The forests of both continents are another story. The one on Mekoth is a total mystery. None can guess what culture or politics the Trees may have. Entering the forest is often discouraged (and it is usually difficult to describe how). When those who attempt to enter can enter, they see nothing but a typical forest. But it is known that it is not a typical forest. The forest of Ayana is haunted. None question this. None dare enter. None who have dared in living memory have returned to tell the tale.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Return to “Aesir & Vanir”