2010 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

2010 NFL Whipping Post

Post by Mr. Broken »

Do you have a gripe, justified, or otherwise about the League. Do you have a very strong opinion of a player, or team. Are you a Monday morning QB? Seen any Bad calls by the officiating? Post it here. Your joy, pain, and bitterness are welcome.Talk up your team, or just talk some smack. It doesn't matter.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

the new rule about the officials getting set before the snap is allowed.

why is it the teams responsibility? the refs should be required to haul ass and get set. if they can't - time to get new refs. pathetic. give them helmets and flak jackets if you are really worried about safety.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

sgt.null wrote:the new rule about the officials getting set before the snap is allowed.

why is it the teams responsibility? the refs should be required to haul ass and get set. if they can't - time to get new refs. pathetic. give them helmets and flak jackets if you are really worried about safety.
Agreed, this new rule will cause more problems than it will avoid, and diminish the potency of any hurry up, or no huddle offense.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

and the idiotic, convuluted over-time rules. just make it a 15 minute extra period. who ever leads at the end of that wins.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Donkey Kong Suh should have been ejected from the Lions / Browns game week 3 (preseason), and suspended for another for his dirty hit on Jake Delhomme. He could easily have been called for 3 different infractions, with his blatant face mask headlock body slam. It looked like he was trying to break Jakes neck. Instead it was a fifteen yard penalty, and a 7,500$ fine. There's NFL justice for you.

Congratulations Big Ben for getting your 6 game suspension reduced to 4. Just lay low for a couple of months, and we'll all forget that you were accused of sexual assault twice in less than a year.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Had mixed emotions this summer when one of the officials from the Seahawks - Steelers Superbowl game finally admitted...all these years later...that they blew the calls in that game. Nice that the Truth finally came out, but way too late to matter.

I am sure they never will refund Holmgren's fine that the league assessed when he told the fan rally the next day that "We did not expect to have to play against the zebras too!" Coach was just telling it like it was!

(Little voice saying "Shhhh...let it go", I hear you.)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

If Brett Favre continues to take the pounding, like the one the Saints gave him last night he'll never finish the season. Could he already be considering early retirement? Probably not, but maybe he should.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Favre's been considering early retirement for a decade now.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i am tired of vikings fan whining about how they should have won and gone to the superbowl. turn sout they are just not that good.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well Eric Mangini almost managed to make it through the first half of the first game of the season before firmly planting his rear right on the hot seat. Memories of Romeo Crennel come to mind as I watch him squander 3 time outs in less than a minute, and then leave the Browns less tha a minute to score. Almost the most pathetic half of football that I have ever seen, almost.

Detroit got robbed in the closing seconds of their game as well, and Im glad, what goes around comes around, and this was just justice served for that game the refs gave you against the Browns last season. Also in the closing seconds.

Tampa should be fined for to much heat on the field.

Polamalu's hair should be flagged for interference.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Wow, Kevin Kolb looks like a disaster, now Vick conned everybody b/c Pack didn't prepare for him and made him look better than he will in future. Nice running game too.
--Andy

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

cowboys - how long will they be allowed to live off past glory?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Cowboys are clearly the most over hyped team in the history of the league. Go back, and look at their stats, and their win loss record it's laughable. If that's not proof enough, compare their number of playoff victories over the last 1.5 decades, to those of my oft abused Cleveland Browns I think you'll be surprised by what you find. How bout them Cowboys!
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

after Jimmy Johnson's players were gone - nothing. Jerry Jones really is a genius.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

T. O. and Carson Palmer, need to quit crying about the " Dirty Hit " TJ Ward (Browns rookie safety) laid on Jordan Shipley ( Bengals rookie tight end). The league already intends to fine Ward for the hit which was shoulder to helmet, not helmet to helmet as some have claimed. I guess he was just supposed to allow the Bengals to score a touchdown.This type of hit only just became illegal this season, and Im sure you will see plenty more of them this season. As far as the vicious nature of the hit, well Im just curious as to whether or not Ward will receive a larger fine for this hit than Donkey Kong Suh received for his blatant attempt to break Jake Delhommes neck in the preseason. It's football kids, and these lads are out to hurt each other, or didn't you know?
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

well the vikings cry till today about old Favre getting hit...

speaking of which next Monday's game?

Minnesota - NYJets

ugh ugh ugh ugh
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I have alot less of a problem with James Harrisons 2 dirty, dangerous hits, in today's game, than I do with the officials yet again turning a blind eye to it. Clearly home field advantage means much more in Pittsburgh than any where else in the league. To make matters worse ,the second of the dirty hits ( when you lead with your head that's dirty ) saw the Browns flagged for delay of game. You see in the Burgh your not allowed to remove the body of the victim from the field. That is a penalty, where as to illegal helmet to helmet hits don't even get noticed. Oh well one more pelt for your pet rapists wall I guess.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

I'm actually tiring of the NFL. Maybe its b/c Phils are still alive, maybe its all this nonsense, especially w/concussions, and then impending work stopage. Maybe more fans will flex their muscles by withdrawing money, then NFL will do something.

Amazing some of these hits don't draw flags, but a celebration in the end zone is 15 yards? A joke!
--Andy

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I am on my last nerve as a Chargers fan--they won't fire their idiotic special teams coach Crosby and they need to fire Turner--kinda like Phillips when you've got that much talent-do something with it. Granted Floyd and Gates had injuries, but come on...
fall far and well Pilots!
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The League has announced that it will start ejecting, and suspending, players for "Head Hunting". Which has apparently upset quite a few people. They are upset because players will no longer be allowed to use their helmet as a weapon. They are upset because they are not interested in pure tackling, they want violence. Geniuses like ESPN analyst Matt Millen ( idiot ). They like concussions, paralysis, and that uneasy feeling that we all have while we are waiting for one of these guys to move a leg, or a finger. In my opinion if the defensive players are allowed to continue to use a helmet as a weapon, then offensive players should be allowed to carry a stun gun, or a big stick. If you don't believe that a football helmet is a weapon I have a little experiment for you to try. Get yourself a football helmet, it doesn't really matter what kind, a childs Pop Warner helmet will do. Now take off one shoe. Hold the helmet at waist level, and drop it on your bare foot. Now tell me it's not a weapon.
I've been a football fan my entire life, Ive seen countless beautiful tackles made clean, and Ive seen many crunching hits delivered without resorting to head hunting. Sunday I watched as the Steelers used the helmet to helmet to eliminate the player they felt most threatened by ( Josh Cribbs ), and then just for good measure use it again to eliminate the Browns #1 receiver. After hearing coach Tomlins comments following the game I have to assume that was the game plan. The so called best team in the League using those tactics to defeat my lowly Browns is at least shameful. The officials allowing it twice, with no flags, and no penalties is criminal, and smacks of conspiracy. Harrison should have been ejected, and then suspended, but the League has yet to even levy a fine. Now 2 weeks ago when Browns Saftey TJ Ward knocked out Bengals Tight End Jordan Shipley there was an immediate reaction. Even though the so called Dirty hit was all shoulder pad, occurred in the end zone, and prevented a touchdown, the Browns were hit with a penalty, and Ward was fined fifteen thousand for Head Hunting. The replay shows that the hit was all shoulder, and that there was no helmet to helmet contact, and yet in Pittsburgh the refs just swallow there whistles. Can you say double standard boys, and girls.
Wide Eyed Stupid

Return to “Sports”