2010 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I see McNabb ending up in Arizona, on one hand I like what Shanahan is doing on the other I think he's nuts. Yes he was perceived as a very good coach, but he was very lucky too-he inherited a very good team and QB with the Broncos and did instigate an awesome running system that made Pro-bowlers out of relatively unknown players. I think the run game is the only area where he has real expertize-remember the bone-head moves he made with Plummer & Cutler? Especially yanking Plummer when the Broncos were 8-3. I think he's a dodderer who's only in it to pave the way for his son's coaching career.
fall far and well Pilots!
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Shanahan at least knew how to properly use the skills of Peyton Hillis, unlike his replacement Josh Mcdaniels who traded away all of the teams assets( see Brandon Marshal, and Jay Cutler, and draft picks) for bubble gum cards, and Brady Quinn. Shanahans firing in Denver set the Broncos back at least five years, and may have, as a result set the Redskins back as much or more.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

New Orleans vs Atlanta Monday.

Saints win they can win the division. they lose - much toughter sledding in the playoffs.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

One of the best games of the year was Atlanta Vs New Orleans. What a nail biter!!! That game could have gone either way at any time. The game was won (and lost) on a capitalizing on mistakes. A fumble from the center (come on how many snaps and you fumble in THIS game?) and then a fumble from Turner on the one yard line by Atlanta are the mistakes Atlanta made. These were costly mistakes. But the Saints made their share of mistakes as well. One of the two interceptions were capitalized on by Atlanta and in a game lost by 3 points... any mistake is a possible game changer.

What Atlanta did right and will need to continue with. Blitz blitz and blitz. You cannot give Drew Brees time to make plays. Atlanta had the right idea in keeping his passing game under wraps. They kept them from being able to make those BIG plays that NO has been able to do all year and last year as well.

What Atlanta did wrong - They have got to take Drew Brees down. They had chance after chance to sack and he continued to slip by. They knew you were gonna run with Turner and they were prepared for that. It wasnt working but they couldnt see to quit trying the same stuff. Atlanta has to be unpredictable in their running game. Stupid mistakes like fumbling at the snap and at the 1 yard line. Matt Ryan has to hit a receiver with the ball much faster. There will be no more easy games when the playoffs start and that means he has to be able to get the ball to a receiver much much faster than he did in this game.

What Saints did right - They kept Matt Ryan from being able to set the tone of the game. The pocket was collapsing faster than ever and it was throwing his timing off. They were able to shut down the running game of Atlanta that has been effective all year.

What the Saints did wrong - Penalty after penalty was costing this team invisible yards. They need to find a way to keep the pocket open long enough to give Drew Brees time to throw. Give him 3 to 4 seconds to throw and you can just about figure he will make a good pass. Every time.

Saints came away with a win and a place in the playoffs. Atlanta will win the division when (if) they beat Carolina (who has a terrible record this year) next week. Its a good win for the Saints but it wasnt an easy win and although Atlanta lost they showed that they belong in the playoffs.
Atlanta will get homefield advantage during the playoffs but as the Saints showed last night, its going to take more than homefield advantage to go to the superbowl.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Eagles have good shot at #2. 2 wins, Bears lose to Pack.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

soul - in this topsy turvy season, Atlanta is not guaranteed a win against Carolina.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

True but they trounced them terribly none the less. It could have been much worse had they not pulled all their key 1st string players in the beginning of the 4th quarter.

On to the playoffs!!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Saints take on the Seahawks.

trap game!

losing record - not sure of their qb.

every reason for the Saints to relax.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Good call, a trap it was , and when the ice broke the Saints found Marshawn Lynch standing beneath it in the Heisman pose. Kudos to Lynch for one of the toughest touchdown runs Ive ever seen, Kudos to the Sea Chickens for proving the critics wrong, and signing this guy for next to nothing.
As for the finish, Im taking the Packers to win it all.
Wide Eyed Stupid
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

WOW! Some nailbiter games this weekend for the NFC. Seattle beat New Orleans (shocker!) then the Jets beat the Colts in the last second of the game when it looked like the Colts had this one put away.

Baltimore put KC away.. it really wasnt much of a game.

Greenbay beat Philly. So now its Greenbay vs Atlanta this coming Saturday. Thats good for Atlanta I think. The last thing Atlanta needs is a divided fan base. There are still some that love Vick.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Pats to beat Jets - Steelers to beat Ravens

Pack to beat Falcons - Bears to beat Seabirds

I have to work while the Pats are on. :(

jule will be taping it for me.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Pats win...maybe just comfortably, but potentially by blow-out. [Depending on which Jets Off. Line & Sanchez show up to play.]

Ravens, in a close tough one.

Pack crushes Falcons [the score might make it look closer than it really is]

Bears...but Seattle seems to be able to win or lose regardless of how great or terrible the opponent.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

I have to agree that Green Bay will beat the Falcons.

As for Seattle - Chicago, the prevailing wisdom is wrong again; it will be DA HOXX still standing at the end...and the NFC championship game will be played in the loudest venue in the league.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Win or lose I think Falcons vs GB will be another nailbiter game. They have homefield, a week to recover from any injuries and they are the number 1 seed team for a reason. GB is the number 6 seed team for a reason. People have predicted the Falcons to lose all year long but here they are....

Pats to beat Jets (Agree)
Steelers to beat Ravens (Mostly agree but it might be close and I wouldnt be surprised if this is an upset)
Falcons to beat Packers (in a very close game)
Bears to beat Seabirds (Agree)
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I would love to see the Seahawks make it to the SUperBowl - to lose to New England of course.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Great. looks like I'll have to sit through another nauseating week of the Jackass Egomaniacal Toe-Suckers.... :throwup:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Vraith wrote:Pats win...maybe just comfortably, but potentially by blow-out. [Depending on which Jets Off. Line & Sanchez show up to play.]

WHAAAT? how could I have been wrong on this one?
Vraith wrote: Ravens, in a close tough one.
Wrong, but coulda been right except one stupid drop, or one stupid ref.
Vraith wrote: Pack crushes Falcons [the score might make it look closer than it really is]
Only absolutely right pick [except it didn't even look close].
Vraith wrote: Bears...but Seattle seems to be able to win or lose regardless of how great or terrible the opponent.
Right. But the Loser version of Seattle showed up...coulda been a game, except a metric crapload of bad hands.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

WOW! Both # seeds lost at home to #6 and #5 seeds respectively!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Yeah, and while both #2's are still in it, it's not going to be easy for either of them to win.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

ugh horrible game. the pats seemed to be unemotional and uninspired. no sense of urgency. and horrible play calling. fake punt?!?>!?!?!?!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”