Trell, Atiaran and Lena

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

marineguy
Ramen

Trell, Atiaran and Lena

Post by marineguy »

Last edited by marineguy on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
You judge too quickly giant
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Very, very nice. However, Trell needs his thick, reddish beard.

I have always imagined that he looks sort of like the Charter cable guy. But bigger. :)
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

wayfriend wrote:Very, very nice. However, Trell needs his thick, reddish beard.

I have always imagined that he looks sort of like the Charter cable guy. But bigger. :)
I couldn't find anything about a beard, where is it?

I'll modify it and lets see what happens, How long?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The text only supports that his beard is thick and reddish. But I've never imagined it being very long; more of a lumberjack beard than a wizard beard, if you know what I mean, but that is just my personal imagining; something like how a blacksmith might look in any other culture.
In [u]Lord Foul's Bane[/u] was wrote:With a final mutter over his work, the man stood upright and turned around. In the new brightness, he seemed even taller and broader than before, as if his limbs and shoulders and deep chest drew strength, stature, from the light; and his forehead was ruddy from the heat of the pot. Seeing Covenant, he started in surprise. An uneasy look came into his eyes, and his right hand touched his thick reddish beard.

... Trell turned back to his stone pot. He wrapped his arms about it, lifted it from its base. With red-gold flames reflecting a dance in his hair and beard, he carried the pot toward the doorway.
In [u]The Illearth War[/u] was wrote:He was as tall, thick, and solid as a pillar; his deep chest easily supported his broad massive shoulders and brawny arms. He walked with his head down, so that his heavy, reddish beard rested like a burden on his breast; and his face had a look of ruddy strength gone ominously rancid, curdled by some admixture of gall.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

You nailed it as far as I'm concerned. Especially Atiaran.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

wayfriend wrote:The text only supports that his beard is thick and reddish. But I've never imagined it being very long; more of a lumberjack beard than a wizard beard, if you know what I mean, but that is just my personal imagining; something like how a blacksmith might look in any other culture.
In [u]Lord Foul's Bane[/u] was wrote:With a final mutter over his work, the man stood upright and turned around. In the new brightness, he seemed even taller and broader than before, as if his limbs and shoulders and deep chest drew strength, stature, from the light; and his forehead was ruddy from the heat of the pot. Seeing Covenant, he started in surprise. An uneasy look came into his eyes, and his right hand touched his thick reddish beard.

... Trell turned back to his stone pot. He wrapped his arms about it, lifted it from its base. With red-gold flames reflecting a dance in his hair and beard, he carried the pot toward the doorway.
In [u]The Illearth War[/u] was wrote:He was as tall, thick, and solid as a pillar; his deep chest easily supported his broad massive shoulders and brawny arms. He walked with his head down, so that his heavy, reddish beard rested like a burden on his breast; and his face had a look of ruddy strength gone ominously rancid, curdled by some admixture of gall.

Thanks Way Ok, I made the modifications and I think he looks better with the beard, more character. I need help with Hile Troy, I started one but can't find ref to what he was wearing. Any help?

greg
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

He definitely needed that beard, at least in my book. Nicely done.

Hile Troy: you may not know, but Troy is a "third rail" that you may want to touch only with the utmost caution. :) (The fan girls around here have mental images that you may find dangerous to dispute.)

I will see what I can dig up, but you may want to search for Troy in the Movie forum and see what you get. Lots of people describe how they think people look in that forum.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

You nailed Trell, well done!
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I just noticed the gravelling pot. (funny how you focus on the image you want and don't notice the rest.)
It's huge!
Way too big in my mind.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:I just noticed the gravelling pot. (funny how you focus on the image you want and don't notice the rest.)
It's huge!
Way too big in my mind.
"there on a slab of stone against the wall sat a huge granite pot, half as tall as a man." Pots are wide aren't they? Never heard of one being Tall and thin except a coffee pot.

He was the Gravelingus wasn't he? If he worked around the stonedown, he would need a Huge pot. Also, there isn't tell of anything made of anything else is there? So EVERYTHING is made of stone
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I think the size of the pot is about right, only a tad too big if anything. Also, style-wise it seems to be ceramic, spun on a wheel, but that's individual taste and I can't argue against what you have.

You can't take Donaldson too literally on some things when it comes to height and size, as his descriptions, if taken literally, sometimes don't work out if you actually follow them through. (The Tower of Revelstone was 2/3 the height of the Empire State Building? And Elena spoke from the top of it?)
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

I just looked at the different types of granite and I think I can replicate it on the pot.

Literally speaking, that's why my giant wasn't 12 feet tall, maybe they have tiny feet in the Land and their 12 feet was really 9 of our feet. (how's that for a stretch) . I repost after the I modify the granite
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

Ok, one Grey speckled granite pot. I also made it a little smaller around the sides and almost as high.

greg
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

one word: OUTSTANDING!!!!

It's like you pulled the image from my mind, very nice work!
"You're afraid of yourself."
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Personally .. I never visioned Trell having a beard.
Maybe a little longer on the top hair.
Muscles is good.

Adarian.. looks old.. She should look like she is in her late to 30's to early 40's.
A more triangular face, motherly , strong woman's features.

Lena looks like she's in her twenties..
Both face and body style.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Jody
Servant of the Land

Post by Jody »

I think you nailed it.

I think Atarian is supposed to look older than Trell. He ages slower than her because of his lore.

I see Lena as innocent, a little scared and still strong in your picture. Thats how I see her in my mind too.
We all struggle to find the right path in life. It´s not always easy to know what that is - or where it will lead us. In the end it´s the people in our lives that provide us the balance to help us make it through.
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

Ur Dead wrote:Personally .. I never visioned Trell having a beard.
Maybe a little longer on the top hair.
Muscles is good.

Adarian.. looks old.. She should look like she is in her late to 30's to early 40's.
A more triangular face, motherly , strong woman's features.

Lena looks like she's in her twenties..
Both face and body style.
From what I read, she may have been in her 30's but looked closer to 40's because of her life.

Lena is in her teens, how can you tell what she looks like here???? I drew her , I know what she looks like under her cloth. (that was a joke) TC ravished her, It doesn't say he raped a child?? Think of Lena as being 16 and trying to look older.

No hint on hair for trell but Way pointed out he had a red beard.

As I said , everyone's "Mind's Eye" sees something
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

marineguy wrote:No hint on hair for trell but Way pointed out he had a red beard.
Well, there's a hint. The passage I quoted above speaks about light "dancing" in his hair. That seems to presume he has a bit of hair on his head, as opposed to the marine standard issue.
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

wayfriend wrote:
marineguy wrote:No hint on hair for trell but Way pointed out he had a red beard.
Well, there's a hint. The passage I quoted above speaks about light "dancing" in his hair. That seems to presume he has a bit of hair on his head, as opposed to the marine standard issue.
lol, the light was dancing the "limbo" in his hair.......
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

marineguy wrote:
wayfriend wrote:
lol, the light was dancing the "limbo" in his hair.......
The FIOS cable guy. It is inevitable: before we are done, Trell will be the FIOS cable guy.

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”