Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

X-Men 1 and X-Men 2

Post by Revan »

Which is the better film?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I thouht X-Men 2 was a more complete, rounded film... X-Men 1 seemed like it was just finding its feet. So, though 1 was a good film, 2 should have been better. However I found 2 too reliant on spectacle; it seemed to just hop from one action set-piece to another without much transition. Overall then, I prefer 1...2 was slightly mis-used... (all IMHO of course)
dANdeLION
Lord

Re: X-Men 1 and X-Men 2

Post by dANdeLION »

Darth Revan wrote:Which is the better film?
X2, IMO. Better effects, better story. I'm worried about X3, though; I hear Halle Berry won't be in it. I hope they can get Beyonce Knowles to play Storm in Halle's place. :screwy:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I have to say X-2 seemed to display a larger understanding of the characters as portrayed in the comics. I loved X-1 but X-2 seems to have a slight edge. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Agreed Cromas. X2 was better film...As an avid reader of the comics (at least the older ones) I felt a greater sense of connection and familiarity with the second. The possibilities for this series are endless. I'd love to see the following story lines put to film:

1. X-Men Vs. the Brood

2. X-Men Vs. the Sentinels

I'd also love to see the Dark Phoenix story line play out like it did in the comics with the Shi'ar forced to intervene to stop her. I'll never forget the fight between Colossus and the Gladiator...buildings collapsing around them as they fight only to bury the both of them under mountains of rubble. The rubble shifts and the Gladiator stands battered and bloody but victorious! I thought it was incredible that they could pen a story where the X-Men are whipped pretty soundly! Great Stuff!!!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

I liked X2 better than the first one, but I have this feeling that this might be because I am a great fan of the comics and thus do not need any further explanation than what I get in the movie.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

X2 definately. More actual character development, and more on a wide scale. It wasn't all about Wolverine this time. I want to see Storm let loose. Like in that place where Prof. X could walk and neither he nor Magneto had powers and she kept loosin her kewl and going ballistic.

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Brinn, that's where I began collecting comics. The first thing I ever saw in X-Men was Wolverine up in the rafters, dropping down on the Hellfire Club's men. What an AMAZING story! And that exact scene, Gladiator standing up, pulling Colossus' unconscious form out of the rubble! (Of course, Marvel TOTALLY ruined Gladiator by having every character they own beat him up, thus proving their incredible strength. It looks like Gladiator is almost the weakest character in the MU, second only to Colossus. Duh, they can be so stupid sometimes!)

I think the opening scene of X2, with Nightcrawler tearing apart the White House, was about the most incredible thing I've ever seen in a movie. I was in absolute awe, and probably didn't breath the whole time. That's the best his powers were ever used, and it was visually mindboggling.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Kinslaughterer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kinslaughterer »

X3 must do me a personal favor and bring out the Juggernaut!
"We do not follow maps to buried treasure, and remember:X never, ever, marks the spot."
- Professor Henry Jones Jr.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

https://crowcanyon.org/
support your local archaeologist!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

OOOOOOOOOOO! That would be nice!!! :D :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
TIC TAC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TIC TAC »

X-2 was better. Not by much but better.
THOOLAH - Nuff said.
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

Kinslaughterer wrote:X3 must do me a personal favor and bring out the Juggernaut!
If it goes as it looks now and X3 is going to be based on the Phoenix saga I think the Juggernaut would have a small part to play at best.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

x-2 was better
x-3 should have that fat one that cant get hurt
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Juggernaut...SWWWWEEEEEEEET! :)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

er.... Who's Juggernaut?
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

i liked both X-1 and X-2 ... not having read the comics :( .. i actually preferred X-1 more .. but only by a hairs breath ;) they were both excellent!

and anyway .. hugh jackman and patrick stewart are awesome .. but all the characters were excellent ..

Jean Gray i liked too!! and Storm played by Halle BErry (sp?) .. all good!

there wasnt one character poorly done imho ..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Very true sis!

Return to “Flicks”