Countdown to AATE!

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

aliantha wrote:Oh fine, I'll double-post. :lol:

My friends at Amazon.com just e-mailed me -- they've put my copy of AATE in the mail. Expected arrival date is Tuesday! Whoo hoo! :S
Oh... maybe my Kindle copy will be beamed to me by the time I wake up in the morning :)
Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

Amazon shipped my book yesterday. Expected delivery is Friday.
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Amazon hasn't said a word to me yet :(
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Tomorrow
Tomorrow
It comes out tomorrow
It's only a day away!
:biggrin:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

My bookstore has it noooow! But it won't give it to me! My pressssioussss! Nasssty sssstore ownersss, they'ssss keeepsss it for themssselvesss...*gollum*
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Mine has shipped, will be here likely tomorrow, definitely wednesday :nanaparty:
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Mine's HERE! <ali pets her new book>

Sindatur and Orlion -- :(

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Mine's HERE! <ali pets her new book>
wow, that was fast! I pre-ordered a copy for a friend who is in college in Kansas and I've received word that it has shipped.

Barnes and Noble wouldn't sell it to me on Saturday (those bastards!) and I can't make another trip to Knoxville til later in the week. Guess I'll be reading the iBook version.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

aliantha wrote:Mine's HERE! <ali pets her new book>

Sindatur and Orlion -- :(
I actually ordered mine only a few weeks ago, probably why I didn't get priority for shipping. It does say "being prepared/Non cancelable" now, and expected to ship tomorrow, so, looks like it'll ship on time.

Wow, Ali, you got it a day before release eh, good for you
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I'd feel worse for Sindatur... I should be able to download my e-copy at midnight :cross:

Congratulations on your obtaining a copy, aliantha! I am both happy for you and extremly jealous of you :P

And Sindatur, download nook off of the B&N website onto your computer (it's free), PM me whatever e-mail you use to sign in to it, and I can loan you my e-copy to tide you over until Amazon gets its act together. (You could have this as soon as noonish EST tomorrow, when I've pried my copy from the cold grip of the bookstore...er, obtain my copy 8) )
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I should be able to download my e-copy at midnight
That's what I'm hoping for.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Orlion wrote:I'd feel worse for Sindatur... I should be able to download my e-copy at midnight :cross:

Congratulations on your obtaining a copy, aliantha! I am both happy for you and extremly jealous of you :P

And Sindatur, download nook off of the B&N website onto your computer (it's free), PM me whatever e-mail you use to sign in to it, and I can loan you my e-copy to tide you over until Amazon gets its act together. (You could have this as soon as noonish EST tomorrow, when I've pried my copy from the cold grip of the bookstore...er, obtain my copy 8) )
Thanks Orlion, but, I can wait until the official copy arrives. I wouldn't ahve an opportunity to do much more than read the cover before the weekend anyways

Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

It's now officially TODAY! (where I live)
:twirl:
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Verement
Servant of the Land

Post by Verement »

aliantha wrote:
Seareach wrote:Just for reference sake: that UK cover (the blue one) got dumped for the now brown one in the "trailer".

...and that trailer. <groan> (Sorry Ali :)). I like the start and the very end and the rest of it is terrible (just my opinion, of course).
It *did* take me awhile to figure out what the squiggles were, and why they kept going and going and.... Then I remembered what the book cover looked like.

Too bad that the blue got dumped -- blue's my favorite color. ;) Wasn't the UK cover of Runes brown as well? Is the publisher trying to make them all match or something? Odd....
The UK cover for Runes is Black with Gold lettering and FR is Grey with Silver lettering, there could be a theme here....either way I like how they are starting to look on my shelf!!! (It goes without saying that I am looking forward to reading it :S
High Lord Mhoram ROCKS! -
But now Mhoram felt the fire which burned against his flesh under his robe. In a rush of exultation, he understood it, grasped its meaning intuitively. As the Stone reached its height over his head, he tore open his robe and grasped Loric's krill.

Its gem blazed like a hot white brazier in his hands. It was charged to overflowing with echoes of wild magic; he could feel its keenness as he gripped its hilt.

It was a weapon strong enough to bear any might.
aliensporebomb
Servant of the Land

Post by aliensporebomb »

The horror. I opened the cover and inside was the last book of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series?

Book production plant error or Lord Foul's machinations?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

As Fortune would have it, my book arrived today, I was expecting it would be at least several days travel time, when I got the notification it shipped yesterday.

Now, however, I get to peer at it all the rest of the week, wishing I had time to read soem of it :( Maybe I'll be able to work in some time

Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

My Kindle version is downloaded... and I took it along so I could read it while my son had flag football practice... and my battery died!!

It's a conspiracy!! :)
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Akasri wrote:My Kindle version is downloaded... and I took it along so I could read it while my son had flag football practice... and my battery died!!

It's a conspiracy!! :)
I know! I get my copy, but I have to hide it away for now so that I can focus on an Advanced Organic Chemistry exam...

Something doesn't want us reading this book... :evilfoul:
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

Just started AATE and some answers are already flowing in. Where's the AATE board?

edit - nevermind, found the board.
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

AATC is in my hands, a day early :D I'll need to find time to read it now.

Return to “Fatal Revenant”