Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 1: The Slums

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 1: The Slums

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The NorthEastern part of the city, closest to the curving bridge by the small gate, is where the poor tend to live. After the Court ends, this is where (I presume) Lament will make her way.
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Lament quickly makes her way down a narrow street, her right hand lightly skimming along the stone front of the buildings she passes. The hood of her worn, but neatly hemmed cloak is pulled up over her head. She occasionally whispers softly to herself without seeming to notice, her eyes darting back and forth warily as she heads home.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

As Lament moves through the dark streets of the city, she notices several mortals, dock workers by their dress, rushing past her towards the docks. As she passes a church, she sees Gertrude speaking hurridly with several of the nuns inside, who then rush off in several directions, presumably to other churches inside the city.

The Malkavian sees [Dementation 3] subtle signs everywhere of the city rousing for battle. Ivan's city guard are more heavily seen towards the walls, watching outwards instead of inwards. Above, several flying forms of the newly arrived gargoyles circle the city a few times, then settle on the roof of a fortified manor home towards the northern end of the city. A robed man shuffles past her, heading towards the pawper's gate, with a large tome under his arm.

By now, she is deep in the poorer part of town, where tiny wooden shacks are nearly piled atop each other.
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Lament stops and watches the gargoyles, a fleeting look of concern crossing her face before she drops her gaze and whispers softly "Lupine, Tremere and Gargoyles, oh my." She glances curiously at the book the robed man is carrying but slowly continues on her way, watching for people she knows in the area.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Lament arrives at her neighborhood. The regular night owls are about, but even they seem muted. She sees several more watchmen, all going the same direction.

Ahead is the pawper's church, across from the bakery. Mathias is already started on the morning's bread, and the smell gives the otherwise shabby area a strong sense of life.

Mathias waves to her when he looks up, spotting her lurking. His expression is cheerful, but perhaps a bit concerned.
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Lament returns the wave and smiles warmly, a bit of tension seeming to leave her as she approaches Mathias. "Greetings Mathias, how is the baking this morning? Any news?"
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"News? None, girl. I was going to ask you the same. There's all these people rushing about, this morning. I don't know what to make of it all. Have you heard anything?"
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Shrugs slightly and slowly lets her gaze wander around the shop before answering softly, "Rumours of violence outside of the city abound, but details are scarce and most likely bought at a high price. Watch carefully and take note of who you see if you can."

Lament wanders off, vaguly heading towards the monastary.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Mathias calls after Lament's retreating form, "You be careful, lass. I there's violence without the gates, there'll be fewer honest men within them. It'll be no place for a woman, even a moon-touched like you."

Lament approaches the church across the street. A more than normal number of people are within, mostly women and children. As she zig-zags back and forth across the street, several working men arrive with wives and children in tow. They hug, and then men rush off to the south, probably towards the docks. The mothers take their children into the church, where they gather with similar fatherless families and start to mutter. Brother Jurgen is standing by the door to the church.

He approaches her in the street, and takes her by the arm. "Girl, this is no time to be walking the streets. Come inside where it's safe." He tries to lead her into the church.

[FYI, you've never had a problem entering this church before.]
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Lament looks up at Brother Jurgen and digs in her heels, giving him a slightly amused look. "I am as safe as I always am in this city, no matter where I am. What is so urgent this eve?"
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Jurgen stops tugging, but still hovers close and seems agitated. "I don't know what's going on, but many of the dockworkers were told to get their families to safety, while they're busy moving goods inside the walls."

"They weren't told what the matter is, but I don't need a proclemation from the Duke to know we should guard ourselves. I've seen a lot of scurrying around on the walls, as well."
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

She looks around, seeming absently, and nods slightly. "Yes, there is a lot of movement in the city tonight. The church and the people inside do need to be kept safe...that is your place, my friend, not mine."

Lament gently withdraws her arm from Brother Jurgen's grasp and smiles up at him "Go look after your flock and be calm, Brother."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[So, I thought I'd mention this bit, in case it helps: the werewolves do not arrive tonight. Figured you wouldn't want to role-play "I walk around." all night, unless you had something you wanted to do.]

Jurgen shakes his head, but doesn't protest further. "I've seen that look before. I know it's no use to try to talk you into the church. But you be careful, you hear? And if you find any as needs help, bring them here."
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Lament nods absently at Brother Jurgen, her eyes wandering again. She pats his hand and heads towards her haven in a relatively straight line, directing any women and children towards the church.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Lament eventually arrives at her haven, which seems not to have been overrun by werewolves or marauding heathen hordes.

[Let's wait here for a bit, so that your timeline will stay in sync with the Estates.]

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”