Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Post by Seven Words »

Having had a few days to recover from the routing of The Protector's forces and liberating the elven stronghold, end enjoyed a heroes welcome, you now prepare to enter the very heart of the Protector's web, his arcane lair.

Amoresci FireCaller, the new leader of the elvenhome, addresses you as you approach the front gates. "May you walk ever in Light, Shielded from Evil. We hope that in these forsaken depths you might find some information that might define more precisely what we face, what these evil ones are planning. Also, much of our history was destroyed or taken, and within these pits might lie much of what was lost. We thank you for your aid, for all you have done, and your willingness to do so much more." He bows, deeply.

CrushSpike comes forward, "You have freed both of our peoples here. All of the wrought-kind, both Shifters and WarForged, owe you greatly. Your name and deeds will be forever remembered among us, Led the Liberator. Hail!"

The gates of The Protector's lair lie before you.....
Last edited by Seven Words on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I have wings now!

(I still need to update my picture.)

I'm flying around over people's heads.

Sometimes, I'll breath fire, like fireworks.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Aednat. Stop that."

I say "I hope this can bring peace between the elves and the tribes of the Volk." to Amoresci Firecaller.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Looking at the gates before them, the bard draws closer to Led for safety and surety, although she has been uncertain of her acceptance of the fundamental changes within him. But as she adventures she has found she has been changing as well, although perhaps in not such blatant ways.

She smiles gently at CrushSpikes words. "Led the Liberator? There is a song in there somewhere," she mutters to herself. "It sounds as if you mean to leave us, CrushSpike. Are you returning to your people to inform them of their freedom?

"Be careful with your new freedoms. They are precious and easily lost in the wrong hands and with poor leadership."

*bows*
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

If it were possible for WarForged to blush, his body language says he would be...."I....am something of a minor hero myself, for having brought the Liberator, and being the first to heed his message and stand. I cannot pass through the wards as you can. I will remain among my people, lifting up those whose spirits are so beaten down they cannot rise on their own...and also teaching restraint to those who wish a bloody orgy of mindless vengeance."

A shift in the wind brings a faint whiff from the open gates...corruption, decay, the reek of an opened grave...
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led puts his arms around Laurel for a moment of peace, then hears CrushSpike's words. "Hrm. A bloody orgy of mindless vengeance."

"I like the sound of that, actually. Just make sure to only punish the guilty. But I see no reason not to punish them to our full abilities."

Smelling the Protector's area beckoning, he starts towards the doorway. "Let's get going."
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Aednat wrote:(I still need to update my picture.)
[/sadf]

"I like the wings, Aednat. They feel so liberating. You make me jealous mine were only around for a short spell."

Kali hands her original glaive to the warforged. "Arb... CrushSpike, will you look after this for me while we're inside?" She gives him a wink and punches his upper arm, only to shake her hand in pain.

Taking a deep breath as tomb's air wafts by, Kalindriel takes a look around, chuckles at Led's musings, and plunges into the awaiting darkness.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik briefly intones an invocationto Missaryi, before following Led into teh depths.

Skyseeker simply bows to the assembled elves, and walks in, javelin in hand.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna's only response to the praise is a brief nod to the elves, and after a quick check to her new armor, follows Led into the darkness.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

As you proceed down the hall, there are dweomers inlaid within the walls, providing some illumination....about 10' wide, and as many high, it runs for almost 40 feet, at a slight down slope, leaving an ominous seeming band of light visible behind you.

You come to a set of doors, which open outward towards you. They are currently shut. They are made of wood, with metal pull-rings inset in the center of each door.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Unsure if there will be any defenders behind the doors, Kalindriel melds into the shadows and prepares to pounce while attuning her senses to anything beyond the portal.

[Hide in Plain Sight]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led approaches the door and reaches for the handle. Then he stops, and studies the door. Grumbling to himself, he moves closer to the door and begins to inspect it very intensely. "Hrmph. This side is trapped. Don't anybody touch it."

He reaches for the handle of the left-hand door now and stops again. Finally touching the door for the first time, he places his ear against it, listening for any sounds from behind it. Hearing nothing, he grips the handle, glances behind him towards the rest of the party, and once they're prepared, he leans back and pulls the door open.

[Since I'm opening the door, the rest of you get to deal with what's back there (if anything). I'll be hidden behind the door for a bit.]
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

There are 4 armor clad figures, 2 against each of the right and left hand walls...the room is about 25 x 30, and there is a doorway on the far wall. The armored figures are utterly immobile....you notice the visors of the Full Plate suits are up....revealing emptiness within.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Wait and watch.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Looking almost comical, Led peers around from behind the opened door into the darkness beyond. Turning to the rest of the group, he mutters, "You just know those are going to come alive and attack us." He glances back to confirm that the elves can't see them, and sighes with relief that they're occulded by the slope of the descending path.

"Can we just throw something at the armor? Knock it all over before it activates? That would just activate it, I bet."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker slips out a throwing axe, and casually lobs it at one.

It hits the helmet, knocking the visor down....and no other result.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led snickers. "I meant knock the whole suit over, so it falls apart. But yeah, that was good too."

Sighing, Led just walks through the doorway and between the suits of armor. He stays to the left side, being closer to those two suits, and watching for any signs of movement. [If they start to move, shoulder-check one of them into the other, trying to knock them over before they can fully activate.]
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[Shroud her weapon in shadow. Move closer to the door in case Led does trigger something, but not inside yet. Use the closed right one to give cover.]
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

[ooc]You know, if you'd waited a little while, I could have done this with much less danger than your methods of checking...[/ooc]

Vynarkus heads towards the door, staying invisible [ooc]All of his self-buff invocations are on[/ooc], and uses Detect Magic to see if the armor can animate or not.

DM Edit---if that All includes Eldritch Armor, then you are QUITE clearly audible, albeit still invisible.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

[ooc]response to DM edit: Fine by me![/ooc]

A few seconds after peering into the chamber Vynarkus relaxes somewhat, although no-one cane see this.

Everyone hears his voice coming from somewhere near the ceiling, "I can't tell what's through the next door, but those suits of armor are not going to come to life and attack. They are enchanted, and might be useful, but they seem to have negative consequences for people who don't meet certain standards, which I can't determine in this small and amount of time."

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”