Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led sees the armored man with the chain, who is beginning to charge. "Marrik, take him!" Then he races between the pair of glabrezu, avoiding the reach of the golems, and runs past the armored man hoping Marrik can hit him. He continues on past that foe until he is right upon the cleric (though he is too late to prevent that one from unleashing whatever attack he was intending), and rends him assunder.
  • Sacred Healing for 0min. [105hp max]
    Shield of Faith for 10min. [+3 deflection bonus to AC]
    Bull's Strength for 10min. [+4 strength, therefore +2 damage per claw]
    Cat's Grace for 3min. [+4 dex, therefore +2 to hit & +2 AC]
    Blindsense 30' [Led knows about any hidden foes within 30' of his path.]
    Dodge vs. Platemail [AC:34 (35vs. Platemail) (38vs. AoO) (39 vs AoO from Platemail)]
    Move north seven squares, northeast one square [Marrik should attack Plaitmail]
    Move north ten squares, northeast one square (counts double) [AoO from Platemail]
    Charge / Claw / Claw on the priest [To Hit: +17. Damage: 7d6+9 per claw]
Last edited by Led Pighp on Thu May 26, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Unable to see very much due to the wemic right in front of her, the bard draws upon her magic before launching in to an inspiring tune of courage for her comrades. Once Led moves, she moves forward to stand between the two Glabrezu.

[ooc]edited, let's see if I do this all right.
Remain invisible from earring.
swift action: Perform check per Captivating Melody on Harmony
standard action: Cast Harmony, calling upon Captivating Melody to enhance it (+4 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects, +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls when Inspire Courage is sung. Additional +2 on Save DC for illusion or enchantment affect, in this case Harmony, if applicable).
Launch in to Inspire Courage +3 (with Song of the Heart feat) since casting Harmony allows launching into a Bardic Ability in the same standard action (+3 bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws against fear, making it a total of +7 bonus on saving throws against fear effects, +4 against charm effects, +5 bonus on attack and damage rolls, and +2 to save DC, if there is one for Harmony, for the entire party).
move action: Move 20' due north, ending up directly east of Annalysei.[/ooc]
Last edited by Laurel on Fri May 27, 2011 1:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[That's no column... It's a wemic!]

Seeing Led is going for the cleric, she grins. Same target, she thinks to herself.
  • 71 hp (max)
    Cat's Grace 30 rounds
    Dodge versus Cleric
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[I changed the black blob on the map so it actually looks like Led, now.

The rest of you are too small to make it worth doing.
]
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:[That's no column... It's a wemic!]
[ooc]Oh!
I had no idea he was considered so large that he took up so many spaces.

Do I need to edit? Now that I know it's not a solid column, I don't need to go around it, but can move straight forward, since Led is moving.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[As long as you're in the space you want to be in, and the routes don't expose you to AoO or such, how you get there doesn't really matter. Unless you want to give him a nuzzle as you go by. :biggrin:]
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

[ooc]OK, I edited the above post of Laurel's, since we seem to be posting stats. I hope I calculated the buffs I am attempting correctly.[ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

[ooc]...All my ideas have been rejected...

AARRGGHH...[/ooc]

Vynarkus uses a Vitrolic blast on the Cleric.

[ooc]whatever buffs were cast on me, and my ordinary invocations, only with Retributive Invisibiity instead of Walk Unseen.[/ooc]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I watch the man on the dias. If he casts any spells, I cast Dispel Magic as a counterspell.
  • 31hp max
    Sacred Healing is not active now.
    Status on Annalysei for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Annalysei for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Annalysei for 10min.
    See Invisibility on Annalysei for 100min.
    Status on Led for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Led for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Led for 10min.
    Status on Marrik for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Marrik for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Marrik for 10min.
    Shield on me for 10min.
    See Invisibility on me for 100min.
    Status on Skyseeker for 10hrs.
    Bull's Strength on Skyseeker for 10min.
    Shield on Sorchat for 10min.
    See Invisibility on Sorchat for 100min.
    Invisibility on 'Trina for 10min.
    See Invisibility on 'Trina for 100min.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0      |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2    |Cleric 3    |Wands
 Create Water | Bless Water |*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | Acid Arr   15
 Create Water | Bless Water |*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | DetSecrD   15
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | FindTrap   23
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | Knock      15
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Status     |            | SonBlas    26
--------------|-------------|------------|------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (6/6)  |Sorc 1 (6/7) |Sorc 2 (3/7)|Sorc 3 (5/5)|Staff  (39/50)
 Acid Splash  | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray | Fireball   | L. Restore  1
 Arcane Mark  | Identify    | See Invis  | Disp Magic | C Serious   1
 Dance Light  | Mag Missile | Invis      |------------| C Critical  2
 Light        | Shield      |            |Spell Store | Restoration 2
 Mage Hand    | Feather Fall|------------|            | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Prestidigit  |-------------|Turn (11/11)|            | Rem Disease 3
 Ray o Frost  |Empower (3/3)| Sacred Heal|            |
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Katrina disappears!

Laurel moves and launches into her magic song...even as the evil priest moves with unnatural speed, advancing and then casting a spell off of a scroll! Her Mass Inflict Moderate Wounds is centered upon Marrik, and engulfs everyone save the already-gone Katrina!

Laurel focuses her Will, reducing the effect! (11 points)
Led is overwhelmed by the mystic assault! (23 points)
Kalindriel simply resists the spell!
Annalysei endures the unmitigated attack! (23 points)
Skyseeker is also overwhelmed! (23 points)
Marrik's blessed power bolsters his mind, reducing the effects upon him! (11 points)
Vynarkus is wracked by the energies! (23 points)
Sigrid focuses through the pain, and weakens the spell upon her! (11 points)

The Witchblade (AKA The Bad Man) drinks a potion!

Kalindriel disappears....and reappears perfectly placed so as to
sneak attack the cleric, had she not dashed off in haste!

Skyseeker runs north, veering then northwest, jut staying out of the range of that deadly chain...her arm windmilling around and sending her new axe end over end at the Witchblade....a long shot, but possible...and she succeeds! Her axe goes...right through him?....an Illusion!!!

Marrik leaps, laughing wildly, onto Leds back as offered, and they charge off, unable to adjust for the quicker clerics maneuvering! Displaying excellent reflexes, the Death Knight's chain lashes out at Led, and then at Marrik....Led's lithe movements allowing him to just twist away from the flying chain....Marrik is unable to avoid it, and screams as it's unholy power courses through him! (16 points) Marrik's own axe-strike deflects off of the heavy armor of his foe!

From out of nowhere, a dagger flies out, sinking into Led's back! His assailant remains invisible! The sneak attack goes slightly awry, as Led's uncanny instincts have him twisting, narrowly avoiding a vital strike! His distant ancestry giving him some small protection against all save silvered weapons, the blade itself does naught!...But a spell is discharged into the wemic, a soul-chilling necromancy! (15 points damage.....Led collapses in a lifeless heap!) Marrik tumbles clear of Led's collapse....

The Clerics movement has taken her out of Vynarkus' sight, the wall blocking his line of fire!

The Death Knight laughs maniacally, voice echoing as if from a deep tomb, at Marrik's reaction, even as he rushes past them headlong! His futile charge bringing him next to Laurel! His rush gives Anna an opportunity, as well as letting her launch her blow held back for such company! (18 points and 22 points)

Sigrid waits, ready to counteract any magics cast.....

The Glabrezus use their reach to great advantage, unleashing Full Attacks upon the Flesh Golems....to precious little effect, their skin having had it's inherent resistances strengthened! ( 10 points and 11 points, 8 points and 4 points) [OOC--DR enhanced, from 5/adamantine to 10/adamantine]

The golems pound away at the Glabrezus, but now the golems are ill-suited to harm THEM! (0 points and 4 points, miss, miss, 2 points)

The Zombie Wolves plod forward, towards the throne....
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Drawing a deep breath at finding herself next to the Death Knight while continuing to sing, Laurel holds her action until after Annalysei and Sigrid tag team him, hoping to avoid giving him an attack of opportunity. Once the Death Knight is disposed of, the bard then focuses on the cleric and casts a spell at her, hoping to slow her down. Then she continues forward to get some distance between herself and the battle and to head towards Led to see is she could aid him.

[ooc]32 HP
hold actions until after Annalysei and Sigrid attack Death Knight
continue to sing Inspire Courage
standard action: fall out of invisibility and cast Armor Lock on the cleric
move action: move north 30'
heal check on Led, if possible from this distance[/ooc]
Last edited by Laurel on Sat May 28, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali shouts from the dais, "The blade paralyzed him! Marrik can you do something?" Directing her voice to the room as a whole, "The Witchblade is just beyond the northwest pillar."

Two shadowy wings spring from her back and she uses the dais as a boost to gain some height, diving upon the cleric.
  • 71 hp (max)
    Free action to sprout wings.
    Fly - move 12 south 1 east to attack the cleric with a dive for double damage.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

[ooc]The map has not been updated, so I'm just going to make some assumptions from what I understand from the moves of the previous round.[/ooc]

Able to see the invisibile assailant thanks to his self-buffs, Vynarkus moves to position himself to a place where his Eldritch Cone can encompass either both that man and the Death Knight, if they are close enough together, or as many enemies as possible (which would be the Death Knight and several flesh golems). He remains on the ground if that is the only way to position the cone to catch several enemies, but if possible, he flys 30' into the air, so that the edge of the cone forms a circle on the ground with a 15' radius.

Then he unleashes a Vitrolic Cone, positioned as stated above.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

An illusion? I can see the invisible man who threw the dagger at Led. That's him! Damn it.

I cast Empowered Fireball on the Witchblade. No, wait. The Death Knight is right next to Annalysei.

I cast Empowered Fireball on the Death Knight. No, that would hurt Annalysei, too.

I cast Empowered Scorching Ray on the Death Knight, instead.
  • 31hp max
    Sacred Healing is not active now.
    Status on Led for 10hrs.
    [I know Led is alive, right?]
    Shield of Faith on Led for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Led for 10min.
    Status on Marrik for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Marrik for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Marrik for 10min.
    Shield on me for 10min.
    See Invisibility on me for 100min.
    Status on Skyseeker for 10hrs.
    Bull's Strength on Skyseeker for 10min.
    Shield on Sorchat for 10min.
    See Invisibility on Sorchat for 100min.
    Invisibility on 'Trina for 10min.
    See Invisibility on 'Trina for 100min.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0      |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2    |Cleric 3    |Wands
 Create Water | Bless Water |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic | Acid Arr   15
 Create Water | Bless Water |*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | DetSecrD   15
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | FindTrap   23
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | Knock      15
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Status     |            | SonBlas    26
--------------|-------------|------------|------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (6/6)  |Sorc 1 (6/7) |Sorc 2 (2/7)|Sorc 3 (5/5)|Staff  (39/50)
 Acid Splash  | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray | Fireball   | L. Restore  1
 Arcane Mark  | Identify    | See Invis  | Disp Magic | C Serious   1
 Dance Light  | Mag Missile | Invis      |------------| C Critical  2
 Light        | Shield      |            |Spell Store | Restoration 2
 Mage Hand    | Feather Fall|------------|            | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Prestidigit  |-------------|Turn (11/11)|            | Rem Disease 3
 Ray o Frost  |Empower (2/3)| Sacred Heal|            |
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[OOC: Was I able to fire off a spell? DM Edit--resisted, sorry, didn't post that.]

Anna steps 5' southeast, in order to block the Death Knight from getting near Sigrid (oh, uh, and the others), She launches a full attack on the Death Knight after murmuring the words for a Quickened Shocking Grasp to give her attack more power. Right before she swings, she mutters "Hope you like being zapped, you undead bastard."

73HP - 23
Animalistic Power active (+2 STR, DEX, CON)
Gargoyle Boots active
Cat's Grace Active

[0 - 0 : 1 - 0 : 2 - 3 : 3 - 0]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The Bad Man fades into view....a fountain of gore erupting from his chest, as clawed fingers project from between his ribs, slightly left of sternum...straight from the heart....a beatifically smiling Katrina fades into view behind him, arm slammed between the ribs in his back. A bubble of blood plops wetly from his mouth, as he gasps his last...he has been Dealt With.

The Cleric reads from her scroll....casting Banishment at the Glabrezus! Unable to resist or defy its power, they disappear, back to the Abyss!

Kalindriel swoops in, glaive slashing the cleric! (18 points)

Another Dark Elf steps out from his hiding in the shadows...moving to 15' behind Kalindriel, and hurling a dagger at her! The blade sinks deeply into her back, precisely targeted! The blade vanishes, reappearing in the hurler's hand, leaving a faint rime of frost around the wound! Kalindriel resists the cold enchantment upon the dagger, but the sneak attack wounds her grievously! (24 points)

Fury roused at Sigrid's peril, Annalysei devastates the Death Knight! Her first blow carries her spell of Shocking Grasp, and the harsh crunch of flail-links upon plate mail echoing with sonic energy ( 21 points) is followed a split-second later with the sizzling crackling of lightning arcing into her undead foe! Her mighty strike lends her spell the necessary power to crash through Ul-nymbeskrii's spell resistance! (24 points)! As she smoothly twists her hips, whole body snapping back in a sudden reversal, the other chain lands with another ringing crunch! (16 points) She swings it back, overheard, spinning, and the chain whistles towards the hulking death knight again! This time, his armor deflects the blow! Her wrist rotate smoothly, hands flowing quickly along the central rod, and a vicious uppercut stroke explodes unexpectedly into her opponent's jaw! (17 points) This last blow of the Wraith-Slayer is final, as Ul-nymbeskrii's near-fleshless skull is separated from his decayed body, coming to rest some 15' away. The armor collapses, and the undead flesh within quickly rots away in a nauseating miasma.

Laurel moves, and casts Armor Lock at the Cleric...but her spell fails!

Skyseeker trots 10' east, and throws her delightful new axe at the Cleric...it misses, but flashes back to her hand in an instant.

Marrik casts Remove Paralysis, and Led twitches, able to move once more!

Vynarkus flies up, and engulfs the Flesh Golems in a deluge of acid! (37 points each)

Sigrid casts Scorching Ray, two beams lancing out into two of the golems! They are slowed!

3 of the golems move to entrap Annalysei....the 4th lumbers after Sigrid! Three powerful slams crash into the Spellreaver! (11, 12, and 7 points) The last one misses Sigrid with it's massive arm.

The zombie wolves continue as last instructed....heading for the throne.

Also, a note concerning the map....i hadn't properly sized the Flesh Golems, they're supposed to be 10' critters.
Last edited by Seven Words on Sat May 28, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna shrieks with rage when she sees the golem near Sigrid, and she hurriedly casts Quickened Dimension Hop to put herself between Sigrid and the Golem. When she teleports, she calls back to Sigrid "Can you heal me? Else there will puddle of spellreaver at your feet after this golem's done with me."

(OOC:This quickening is part of class feature, so it's a freebie. Gracias.)

73HP - 23 - 30
Animalistic Power active (+2 STR, DEX, CON)
Gargoyle Boots active
Cat's Grace Active

[0 - 0 : 1 - 0 : 2 - 3 : 3 - 0]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kali watches the cleric's actions then suddenly spins on the blackguard with a step and swings! She says in Fallen to the elf who stuck a dagger in her back, "Well done! I didn't see you and that never happens. But now I do, and you're dead."
  • 47 hp (71 max)
    Dodge versus blackguard
    5' step north, full attack on blackguard
Last edited by Kalindriel Ec'urb on Sat May 28, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

If possible, hit the new elf and the undamaged Cleric with a Vitrolic Eldritch Cone. If not possible, get only the Cleric.

"Let's see you doge this..."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Well, it's possible, but that depends if you care if I'm caught in the blast since I'm directly between the two...

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”