Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Seeing everything dead and being healed.

Walk over to the bad man, sit down, her back mostly blocking the view and her...wings...blocking the rest.

She's moving some and you hear a wet moist meaty sound coming from her and the Bad Mans body.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Catching her breath as her inspiring tune drifts away, the bard searches for a way to get to Marrik, through the treasures, ooo-ing and aaah-ing at the gems and coins. Hearing Annalysei's question, she nods and answers, "Yes, I heard the voice as well, so it wasn't only you. I hold out little hope of finding a trace of Marrik, but maybe he is merely trapped and we need only break open the floor to release him."

Her voice fading, her eyes fall upon a multi-stringed instrument as her hand reaches out to stroke the strings...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus peers around, using Detect Magic to look for any items missed, and to examine the gems.

DM edit----i'm flat out listing all the properties of things, as there's no hurry, they can be leisurely ID'd. Nothing more to find in here.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Oops, just got reminded abut something....level up..yes, again. :)
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna smiles at Sigrid's whispered thanks, and reaches up and pats Sigrid's leg and smiles woozily "It was my pleasure, milady." before flopping over on her back to stare at the ceiling tiredly.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Unable to resist the temptation any longer, head swirling with the fabulous rewards such an artifact can bestow as told in stories....but with some trepidation, as the equally fabulous punishments the capricious item also holds cross her mind...She declares, after a hasty gulp, "I will draw three cards"

*OOC--everyone else, whoever else draws, will be considered to have happened at this time..I just want to get this ball rolling...*

Her first, trembling draw.....revealing a starry sky, a flaming streak cutting across the heavens....The Comet

A smile starting to break across her features, she stretches out her fingers more confidently....but it is dashed as the hideous visage of a medusa is emblazoned upon her next card.....Euryale

her final draw is now every bit as nervous as her first....this card bears a leaping mass of....Flames
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kalindriel notices Katrina and nudges Led. She points at her wings and whispers to him, "Devil-child. I told you".

She approaches Katrina from behind, clearing her throat as she gets near so as to not risk startling her. She keeps her voice down, but tries to show concern, "You might not want to do that in," she motions to the rest of the party, "the company of others. The ash-eaters there cannot say much, but it will be frowned upon by most 'civilized' humanoids."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Kalindriel was not around when the ash eating happened. We all swore an oath never to speak of that. NEVER!]

Led looks where Kali is pointing, notes the wings and the hunched posture. In response to Kali's advice, he adds, "It probably depends on your civilization. Among followers of Darethon, this might be quite the honorable feast. And best performed in front of your enemies, at that. Leave her be; she bested the one who bested me. She can celebrate in her own way."

"However, Saosonerai had a cloak, one with special meaning to my people." He glances down at his new form. "My former people, I guess. Little 'Trina with mighty claws and strong wings, may I take the cloak from your kill?"

He then looks around, and finally notices that Marrik is gone. "Dead again, eh?" He sighs. "I guess the elves can bloody well resurrect their fallen hero, again. There's fighting yet to be done. And you haven't paid me for the axe."

He helps everyone collect up the loot so they can all leave, etc. On the way out, he remembers the wemic-sized barding from the Nessian Hound, and spends a good while donning the heavy gear. That done, he exits the tower, as hordes of elves rush in to reclaim their lost history. By the time he's made it to the elvish village, it is clear that this barding is just not going to work. He felt too clumsy in the stuff, and that was more dangerous than any extra protection it might give him. Plus, it was loud. It just wouldn't do.

He goes seeking the elder Shifters, intent to learn more about his new bestial form. Already, he could smell things all around him, that he'd never been able to notice before. He could tell if a person was behind him now, even one fully hidden. As a Blood Hunter, it was only right that he learn how to properly hunt.

[Seven, see PM.]
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[The ash eating came up during a philosophical discussion. I remember it because Kali was pretending to be disgusted when she was trying not to laugh her arse off about the discomfort. She's seen far, far worse. I do believe it was Laurel who brought it up, trying to remember how she honored her dear friend's sacrifice.

Also the possibility of convincing 'Trina you do so on a regular basis bring joy to her mischievous little heart.
]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna sees Trina snacking on one of the fallen enemies, and before she can stop it, a helpless bubble of laughter escapes her.

I've ended up with a vampire that likes to play jacks. I really must remember not to make that one angry. she thinks to herself, then realizes she must be a little punchy from the battle and lays back down to stare at the ceiling some more.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Turning around and wiping my hands on the body.

"Led, Darethon is the God of Dealing With, and I Dealt With the Bad Man. He's the God of Fear, but I dunno if he was ascared. He's the God of Hunting Kitties and Vengeance. He fell after he hurt my Hunty Kitty, so it was in vengeance. Kitties hunt and then eat what they get."

Finishes chewing her mouthful and swallows.

"Led, I don't have to finish it all like Kitties do, do I?"

"Vengeance tastes tingly"
Led Pighp wrote: "... Little 'Trina with mighty claws and strong wings,
Realizing something has gone amiss, she reaches up to her face with one wickedly clawed hand, and removes a thick solid metal mask, with 2 cross slits for eyes and one hole for the mouth, looks at it, then realizing what she just did further...

Katrina utters a single word.
A precise word.
A word appropriate to the situation...

[OOC: That's not fungus. It's a lighter green and does not look like the fungus]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Kalindriel steps forward, declaring her intention to draw 2 cards from the Deck....her first draw is a sunless sky, with a visible half....Moon

Her second draw is simply an image of a brightly shining......Star
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The bard gazes at the deck, clasping the dangling dice within her amulet of fortune. I follow Cerana; she who is Lady Luck, The Mistress of Fortune...

Whispering to herself, Laurel steps forward towards the deck. "May The Wild Bitch smile upon this game of chance," she whispers to herself.

Addressing the group, she declares, "I too will draw three. For the first card, my choice is nine. For the second, my choice is eleven. And for the third, it shall be seventeen."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[Sorchat! I'm not useless. I had more important things on my mind. <blush/>]

I go shopping. Lots of pretty things for me and my familiar. So we can look good for... others.

I cast Miracle from the Divine scroll. "Rrzknth! Please grant me the strength to serve you better, to protect the world from the Great Devourer." The Unknowable grants my request. I become an Enigma. A grey winged servant of magic. I'm a little bit stronger, sturdier, quicker, and much much more prettier. [Charisma 22!]

And my feathers tickle.

I buy a single rose. I hire someone to enchant it, so it never wilts and always smells like a fresh cut rose. I gift it to Annalysei, along with my ring of Minor Spell Storing.

"Dearest, use the ring. You can fly for a full day. Let's celebrate my new form, up in the clouds."

When we're done, I'll cast Cure Serious Wounds into her ring. It's better than a potion.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0      |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2    |Cleric 3    |Cleric 4    |Wands
 Create Water | Shield Faith| Bull's Str | Disp Magic | Dismisal   | Acid Arr   15
 Create Water | Shield Faith| Bull's Str | Disp Magic | Dismisal   | DetSecrD   15
 Create Water | Shield Faith| Bull's Str | Disp Magic | Dismisal   | FindTrap   50
 Create Water | Shield Faith| Status     | Disp Magic |            | Knock      15
 Create Water | Shield Faith| Status     |            |            | SonBlas    26
 Create Water | Shield Faith|            |            |            | Disp Magic 50
--------------|-------------|------------|------------|------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (6/6)  |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (8/8)|Sorc 3 (6/6)|Sorc 4 (4/4)|Staff  (50/50)
 Arcane Mark  | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray | Fireball   | Orb of Acid| L. Restore  1
 Dance Light  | Identify    | See Invis  | Disp Magic |            | C Serious   1
 Detect Magic | Mag Missile | Invis      |            |            | C Critical  2
 Light        | Shield      |            |            |------------| Restoration 2
 Mage Hand    | Feather Fall|            |------------|Turn (13/13)| Rem Bli/Def 2
 Prestidigit  |             |            |Empower(2/3)| Sacred Heal| Rem Disease 3
Last edited by Sigrid on Mon May 30, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Her first card is a familiar one, bearing a gibbous Moon

Her second bears a picture of a shady sort, skulking in shadows....a Rogue

Her last draw bears upon it a figure clad in gay motley...a Jester
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna blushes slightly at the gift of the ring. Looking at it to see where it would fit best, she slides it on her first finger and smiles at Sigrid. She is distracted and looks away for a moment while Laurel was drawing her cards, and when she looks back, Sigrid has grown wings! She looks....different...somehow, even aside from the wings. Still very lovely, of course. Anna steps closer and holds a hand out, near one of Sigrid's new gray wings and quietly asks, "...may I?" The feathers are silky and soft against her fingertips.

She tucks the enchanted rose in her hair, firmly setting it with her mother's hairpin...later, she can find a safer place for it, perhaps tucked in her tunic, close to her heart. Loudly, she calls to the group, "Right then. Sigrid and I are leaving, if you need to tell either of us something, you can tell us later." She turns her head to smile impishly at Sigrid and lowers her voice to murmur, "MUCH later." And with that, she slips a hand around Sigrid's waist and leaves.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I blush at Anna's words. But I'm smiling as we fly off into the clouds.

When we get back the next day, my eyes are glowing blue.

I'll let Anna describe our new toy. But please hurry. I want to share.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

...Before they leave, and as the treasure from the previous battle is being divied up, Vyn walks over to the blackguard's body and uses Detect Magic to see if he can locate the statue that was used to get rid of Marrik.

[ooc]Even if it was a single-use item, it should still have a lingering aura of magic. And I didn't see it listed, though it may have been, and I didn't recognize it...[/ooc]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna and Sigrid return on a magical flying carpet! It has a Tiny Hut on it, and the walls can be raised and lowered on command. Both are giggling, heads together, as the carpet lowers to the ground. Anna sees the party, and composes herself a bit, but not before leaning in and whispering something to Sigrid that makes her blush furiously.

Anna steps off the carpet, and tells Sigrid, "I'll be back in a bit, love. You can field any questions about the carpet."

With that, she walks to the edge of the clearing (??? I'm assuming there's some kind of clearing where all the elves and whatnot are) and looks around to see if anyone is looking at her. She digs in her pouch furtively, rummaging through the items. Satisfied, she looks behind her to see if anyone's watching, and slips into the shade of the woods.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[OOC: Urp, if we've moved to outside then I'd have put my Mask back on and looked like I did when you met me. I thought there was still people doing stuff inside still.]

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”