Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

From the safety of her shadow behind the still shuttered door, Kali quietly says, "Something is coming this way. Something big."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna moves as quietly as she can to the forefront of the group and activates her gargoyle boots silently.

{ooc: DM, can you move me however I need to so that I'm not knocking into people and ratting around, or, you know, triggering the trapped door.}
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Something very big. Maybe a ton? Made of metal or stone. Or at least covered in them."

Led looks past the narrow hallway they're in now, trying to find a larger area where they might combat... whatever this is. Then he does something unusual for him, he draws his new machete and holds it ready to use.

DM edit--the room with the armor is 25 x 30....the whatever is in the hallway, which is only 10' wide, sounds to be coming down the hallway into your room.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Nocking one of her enhanced arrows to her longbow, the bard whispers the name of the L-rd of Shadows, "Barxonas!" and winks out of view.

[ooc]Nock one +1 to damage and +1 to hit arrow to the drawstring of Laurel's longbow. Activate earring of invisibility. Move Silently check and move close to Led to immediately cast Sonic Weapon on his machete if battle is imminent at her next turn.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I draw my wand of Acid Arrow.

I stand far back from the hallway, so I don't get hit.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0              |Sorceror 0 (6)    |Wands
 Resistence           | Acid Splash      | Acid Arrow (17)
 Resistence           | Arcane Mark      | Detect Secret Doors (15)
 Resistence           | Light            | Find Traps (24)
 Resistence           | Mage Hand        | Knock (15)
                      | Prestidigitation | Sonic Blast (26)
                      | Ray of Frost     |
----------------------+------------------+----------------------------
Cleric 1              |Sorceror 1 (7)    |Ring
 Protection from Evil | Burning Hands    | Cure Light Wounds
 Protection from Evil | Identify         | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Magic Missile    | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Shield           |
----------------------+------------------+----------------------------
Cleric 2              |Sorceror 2 (5)    |Lesser Rod of Empowering (3)
 Bull's Strength      | Scorching Ray    |
 Bull's Strength      | See Invisibility |
 Bull's Strength      |                  |
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus remains in the hall, near the ceiling, and prepares to blast what is coming, unless he recognizes it as something that doesn't mean harm (unlikely...)

~edit~
If the door leading into the armor room is large enough for him to be in the room and fire above the heads of everyone in the hall, stays in the room, as high as possible while still being able to shoot into the hall.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The clomping thing comes into view.....an animate mass of stone, sculpted to seem a warrior bedecked in armor, yet a single block of stone withal...

A Stone Golem

It speaks.....

"By what shall the Tree be consumed, as is meet for its time is past?"

It waits for an answer....but it twitches ever so slightly in response to ANY movement anyone makes. Clearly, any movement will draw its ire...but the correct answer will placate it.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Muttering frantically, Skyseeker says, "the Tree....If the Protector is following in the Lost Ones path...the Tree is the eledhel entire, all elves, as a race..."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Fire? Decay? Fungus? Rot? she thinks to herself. Rot makes sense if this was placed by that fool of a fungal worshiper.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The bard slips her arrow back in to her quiver for now and silently begins to mentally peruse all songs and tales she recalls.

[ooc]all knowledge checks, please[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Still mentally reviewing her tales, Laurel remains invisible but speaks softly with the elf standing next to her. "There is something buried somewhere in the lore I have learned, but details are alluding me at the moment. Perhaps something along the lines of family "trees," or bloodlines of the eledhel?
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The construct's head moves ever so slightly to focus upon the area where Laurel's voice comes from only as she utters the last half-dozen or so words....

"Lines implies a sharp delineation, a cutting. We make far less in the way of such distinctions than humans." says Skyseeker thoughtfully "And we also speak not of purity, but of strength, or robustness."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

"Yet when you initially spoke at the gathering, you outlined your own ancestry and the history of your branch of the eledhel. Your words and lineage were met with a distinct rise in respect and honor shown towards you. Could such delineations mean more to the ones here? Enough that it would consider the Tree should be "consumed" by the unification of the blood lines/family trees? So that the eledhel are strengthened?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"I mean we see relations, familial connections, as more..fluid, no "lines" denoting related or not..more of a commonality...different streams, yet one river...."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The bard stays silent a moment, pondering. Skyseeker says the eledhel see their family trees as more fluid, not as bloodlines. Perhaps the Tree would be consumed by the fracturing of the elves from a united community into bloodlines, based on blood ties. Our circulatory system would look like a tree outside of our body...

Turning towards the construct, Laurel hazards a guess. "The Tree would be consumed by blood."
Last edited by Laurel on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"Indeed, by the Blood Vital which has not diminished, the Tree shall be consumed, and in so doing make way for That Which Was Before to return. Hasten the day."

It turns and walks away....
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker looks troubled by that last statement. "All of the Blood Vital perished when Jao fell, in the Darkening. Their blood-ties to the magics of our homeland anchored everything else, their sacrifice made it possible....but these folk....the path they tread...is it their own error..or guided to it?....no...impossible. Couldn't be....but Tar-Rozaa....no...." her voice gets louder, and more shrill, and she talks ever faster...."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

As the construct walks away Laurel lets out a sigh of relief, then mutters, "Barxonas!" as she slips back in to view.

"'That Which was Before to return.'" the bard repeats. "'Hasten the day...'"

Reaching over towards Skyseeker and putting her arms around her to sooth the elf, the bard continues a bit hesitantly, "That sounded quite ritualistic. Do you have any idea to what it is referring by 'That Which was Before?' My songs and tales are coming up empty."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Jeez, I step away for like a day, and you all post a whole page of stuff.]

Led stands transfixed as the thing lumbers in. Even with the adamantine machete in his hand, he really couldn't even imagine how he'd be able to do much against such a thing. As it moves away again, Led exhales and sags against the doorframe.

"Wow." He turns to the others. "What could we have done against that? It would have just killed us."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik does not take his eyes from Skyseeker, but says, "Her javelins flames would work,as would the sonic enchantments on Annalysei's flail...your new blade would pierce its hide easily. By main force I would probably inflict some small harm with my axe. But it would have been a fell foe indeed. Many thanks for your nimble wits, lady" with a gesture towards Laurel.

"Skyseeker, what ails you? What doom do you perceive here?"

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”