Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Eldritch Cone/Doom: an area attack that looks like a large number of blasts in a specific area, which damages only those things I want it to.

So, it doesn't make any difference at all if you're in the way.

DM edit--its a cone..one big blast...if you got to select targets within area, there'd be a ranged touch attack rolls. Doom would be selectable to NOT affect her. But the Cone will.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led rises from his slump. "Thanks. No time to mount up, though."

Now that the glabrezu are gone, and the golems are threatening the soft people, Led rushes up to distract / eviscerate the northeast golem, leaving Marrik to catch up shortly.
  • Sacred Healing for 0min. [77hp]
    Shield of Faith for 10min. [+3 deflection bonus to AC]
    Bull's Strength for 10min. [+4 strength, therefore +2 damage per claw]
    Cat's Grace for 3min. [+4 dex, therefore +2 to hit & +2 AC]
    Blindsense 30' [Led knows about any hidden foes within 30' of his path.]
    Dodge vs. Blackguard [AC:34 (35vs. Blackguard) (38vs. AoO) (39 vs AoO from Blackguard)]
    Move south eleven squares [AoO from golem]
    Charge / Claw / Claw on the golem [To Hit: +17. Damage: 7d6+9 per claw]
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Draw in a breath to scream in horror of the dropped kitty, but he got up!

Kick the bad x-man quickly for daring to hurt my kitty, then fly to be north of the Blackguard with one square between us and then land.

Begin to size him up.

[ 73/73 max hp (10 temporary)]
See invis 100 minutes
[+4 Dex from Cat's Grace]
Darkness on myself 8 rounds.
[+3 hit/damage Greater Magic Fang Potion +3
[Blessing of Darethon - +2 Str/Dex/Con ]
Feat: Combat Tactician: if enemy I attack is denied dex bonus, I get one free attack
Dodge v Blackguard
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Seven Words wrote:The last one misses Sigrid with it's massive arm.
ohgodsohgodsohgods, it almost got me
Annalysei wrote:When she teleports, she calls back to Sigrid "Can you heal me? Else there will puddle of spellreaver at your feet after this golem's done with me."
I swoon. She came to save me! I lean forward and press against her back. Her strong back. It feels nice. My face is touching the metal breastplate, but my hand is on the cloth of her hip. I can feel the strong muscles of her leg moving...

BUT I can't get distracted. She's hurt. I use the staff to cast Cure Critical Wounds on her, through the spot on her hip.

"Thank you. It's slowed now. Let's move away."

I move backwards two squares. I tug Anna's hip, so she'll follow me.

[It can't move and attack in the same round. If we back up, it follows but can't attack. Then attack it and step backwards, so it can't hit you. Rinse and repeat to taste.]
  • 20/31hp
    Sacred Healing is not active now.
    Status on Annalysei for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Annalysei for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Annalysei for 10min.
    See Invisibility on Annalysei for 100min.
    Status on Led for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Led for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Led for 10min.
    Status on Marrik for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Marrik for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Marrik for 10min.
    Shield on me for 10min.
    See Invisibility on me for 100min.
    Status on Skyseeker for 10hrs.
    Bull's Strength on Skyseeker for 10min.
    Shield on Sorchat for 10min.
    See Invisibility on Sorchat for 100min.
    Invisibility on 'Trina for 10min.
    See Invisibility on 'Trina for 100min.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0      |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2    |Cleric 3    |Wands
 Create Water | Bless Water |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic | Acid Arr   15
 Create Water | Bless Water |*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | DetSecrD   15
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | FindTrap   23
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | Knock      15
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Status     |            | SonBlas    26
--------------|-------------|------------|------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (6/6)  |Sorc 1 (6/7) |Sorc 2 (2/7)|Sorc 3 (5/5)|Staff  (37/50)
 Acid Splash  | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray | Fireball   | L. Restore  1
 Arcane Mark  | Identify    | See Invis  | Disp Magic | C Serious   1
 Dance Light  | Mag Missile | Invis      |------------| C Critical  2
 Light        | Shield      |            |Spell Store | Restoration 2
 Mage Hand    | Feather Fall|------------|            | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Prestidigit  |-------------|Turn (11/11)|            | Rem Disease 3
 Ray o Frost  |Empower (2/3)| Sacred Heal|            |
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

OUCH! I fly back into the tunnel, away from the fight.
  • 5/16hp
    Shield for 10min.
    See Invisibility for 100min.
    Move 10' south, so I stay within 5' of Sigrid.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Heaving a sigh a relief that the Dark Knight was unable to attack her and setting her song to linger for just a moment, the bard whispers "Barxonas!" with intent and drops out of sight again. Staying where she is in the hopes of confusing any as to her movements, she conjures up a ghostly hand to do her future bidding. She then picks up her song again, and assesses what touch spells at a distance will benefit the party most.

[ooc]HP 32-1d4 to conjure Spectral Hand (max 43)
swift action: use earring to go invisible
standard action: cast Spectral Hand
Heal check on the party for anyone out of Sigrid's reach who may be within range of Laurel's extended touch with the hand, please[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Is there any possible orientation of the cone as either triangle (Vyn on the ground) or circle (Vyn in the air) where it won't hit Kalindriel, but will hit both the Cleric and the Blackguard? My computer doesn't show the map, and I can't exactly check it at school on the weekend...

If not, but I can hit one of them and some of the golems, I'll go with that.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Katrina wings off, blood yet dripping from her hand, even as the dreaded Witchblade, Saosonerai in Elven, body still twitches even as his soul has passed to She Who Waits For All. She lands, awaiting the blackguard, grinning in feral anticipation

Laurel disappears, and conjures forth a Spectral Hand!

The cleric moves well out of Kalindriel's reach, and casts a spell! She channels some extra measure of divine energy, and empowers the Flame Strike upon Led! He writhes at center of a pillar of unholy fire, unable to move out of the way! (62 points)

Smoke rising from blackened, scorched flesh, Led charges south...the golem responds to his charge with a clumsy swing, easily avoided...then his claws rend the construct, it's damage resistance utterly inadequate against this savage onslaught! (16 points and 18 points)

Kalindriel steps north, and whirls her glaive around, a pair of slashes...but only her first connects with the elusive blackguard! (12 points)

The blackguard takes a cautious step to the north and he rubs a small, strange statue and concentrates upon Marrik.....and the very earth beneath his feet opens, the paladin is sucked into the fiery pit! With the paladin's demise, the ground closes, leaving no sign of the chasm nor the paladin, save a faint smell of sulfur lingering in the air.

His activation of the evil artifact gives Katrina an opportunity, and she seizes it! Her attack lands! (12 points)

Annalysei incants her abbreviated spell, and reappears between the Frusvolk maiden and the malefic mass of animated flesh.

Skyseeker screams in horror at the fate of her longtime friend, running northeast and sending her axe flashing through the air, pinwheeling..to sink into the blackguard's side with a sizzle, only to reappear in her hand! (19 points)

Vynarkus unleashes another cone of acid, inundating the Cleric! She is unable to roll away in time, and is caught squarely in the center of the corrosive deluge! (28 points)

His previous vitriol continues to eat away at the flesh golems! The north one, mauled by led, collapses, the gaping rents letting the acid dissolve the core of the automaton. The other simply continues to give off foul-smelling smoke as it's corpus slowly dissolves. (11 points)

Sigrid uses her staff to heal Annalysei! (heal 27 points), before stepping back out of the slowed golems reach.

The nearer slowed golem is unable to close with Sigrid, grunting in dismay...the northern slowed one advances, hoping to get a chance next round to swat someone. The only non-slowed golem is corroded further from Vynarkus' blast effects lingering (6 points). but takes a 5' step, and unleashes a Full Attack upon the just-healed Volk warrior. However, her cloak's eye-turning magics cause both powerful slams to miss her!
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

As Katrina approaches the blackguard, he disappears into darkness. Sarcastically she follows up her prior comment in Fallen, "...and now I cannot see you again."

Undeterred, she uses her acute hearing to determine the positions of the combatants, takes a step, and spins her glaive again.
  • 47 hp (71 max)
    Dodge vs. Blackguard
    5' step north; full attack on Blackguard
    Flanking and Shadow Strike applicable
Last edited by Kalindriel Ec'urb on Sun May 29, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led roars in pain, and looks around for someone to heal him. Only Sigrid, and she's still besieged by the golems. He rushes south, claws the un-slowed golem to death, then moves on to where Sigrid and Anna are.

"Fire bad. Kitty needs good touch."
  • Sacred Healing for 0min. [15hp]
    Shield of Faith for 10min. [+3 deflection bonus to AC]
    Bull's Strength for 10min. [+4 strength, therefore +2 damage per claw]
    Cat's Grace for 3min. [+4 dex, therefore +2 to hit & +2 AC]
    Blindsense 30' [Led knows about any hidden foes within 30' of his path.]
    Dodge vs. golem [AC:34 (35vs. Blackguard) (38vs. AoO) (39 vs AoO from golem)]
    Move south three squares [AoO from golem]
    Claw / Claw (not a charge) on the golem [To Hit: +17. Damage: 5d6+9 per claw]
    Move southwest two squares, south four squares
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Cure Critical Wounds on Led.
I step forward again, since Anna didn't follow me south.
  • 20/31hp
    Sacred Healing is not active now.
    Status on Annalysei for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Annalysei for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Annalysei for 10min.
    See Invisibility on Annalysei for 100min.
    Status on Led for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Led for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Led for 10min.
    Status on Marrik for 10hrs.
    Shield of Faith on Marrik for 10min.
    Bull's Strength on Marrik for 10min.
    Shield on me for 10min.
    See Invisibility on me for 100min.
    Status on Skyseeker for 10hrs.
    Bull's Strength on Skyseeker for 10min.
    Shield on Sorchat for 10min.
    See Invisibility on Sorchat for 100min.
    Invisibility on 'Trina for 10min.
    See Invisibility on 'Trina for 100min.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0      |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2    |Cleric 3    |Wands
 Create Water | Bless Water |*Bull's Str |*Disp Magic | Acid Arr   15
 Create Water | Bless Water |*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | DetSecrD   15
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | FindTrap   23
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Bull's Str | Disp Magic | Knock      15
 Create Water |*Shield Faith|*Status     |            | SonBlas    26
--------------|-------------|------------|------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (6/6)  |Sorc 1 (6/7) |Sorc 2 (2/7)|Sorc 3 (5/5)|Staff  (35/50)
 Acid Splash  | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray | Fireball   | L. Restore  1
 Arcane Mark  | Identify    | See Invis  | Disp Magic | C Serious   1
 Dance Light  | Mag Missile | Invis      |------------| C Critical  2
 Light        | Shield      |            |Spell Store | Restoration 2
 Mage Hand    | Feather Fall|------------|            | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Prestidigit  |-------------|Turn (11/11)|            | Rem Disease 3
 Ray o Frost  |Empower (2/3)| Sacred Heal|            |
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Delay Action: Once Kali is close enough to give Flanking.

Full attack on Blackguard.

Using Kali for Flanking bonus, sneak attack dice.

Katrina growls as she prepares to Do Great Harm to the Blackguard.

[ 73/73 max hp (10 temporary)]
See invis 100 minutes
[+4 Dex from Cat's Grace]
Darkness on myself 7 rounds.
[+3 hit/damage Greater Magic Fang Potion +3
[Blessing of Darethon : +2 Str/Dex/Con ]
Feat: Expert Tactician: if enemy I attack is denied dex bonus, I get one free attack
Dodge v Blackguard
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Repressing her reaction to seeing Marrik fall, and watching Led make his way south to Sigrid for healing, the bard continues to sing while dropping out of invisibility to cast a spell upon the ghostly hand. Then holding her action until she sees where Kaliendriel is attacking, sends it to touch the Dark Elf. Commanding it to discharge all of the effects on the one target, she moves west to the nearest column, looking for some cover from any weapons or spell casting thrown her way.

[ooc]HP 32-1d4 to conjure Spectral Hand (max 43)
Continue to sing Inspire Courage +3 with all buffs
standard action: Cast Chill Touch upon the spectral hand and send it after the Dark Elf Kaliendriel is fighting after her move, having it deliver continual touch attacks (1 touch attack/level to a maximum of 5 = 5 touch attacks, each attack dealing 1d6 negative energy, no save, and 1 Strength damage)
move action: move 30' west towards nearest column and around for most effective cover[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna didn't follow you south YET. Anna takes Sigrid's advice and attacks the golem, then steps back with Sigrid.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Seeing how everyone else is concentrating on the Blackguard, Vynarkus decides to finish off the Cleric.

He hits her again, this time with a Brimstone Cone.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Katrina waits for the best time to strike...

Laurel's Hand misses the Fallen elf!

Again displaying uncanny speed, the cleric moves....Giving Vynarkus an opportunity as she runs by that he is unable to make the most of....before pausing briefly, awaiting the best aim point for her spell...

Led tears through the acid-weakened golem! (17 points and 20 points) It falls apart!

Now, the Cleric casts her spell, catching Led, Annalysei, and Sigrid within a Flame Strike!

Led manages to evade the pillar of fire!
Annalysei knocks Sigrid out of the worst of the inferno, taking the brunt of it herself! (31 points)
Sigrid is caught in only teh fringe of the conflagration, thanks to Annalysei! (15 points)

As Kalindriel steps forward, forcing the blackguard to split his attention, Katrina attacks, clawing twice and even....biting?!?! Only her first claw strike lands, however. (34 points--gotta love Sneak Attack)

The blackguard lashes out in a Full Attackat Katrina, ind esperate fury, long sword and dagger flickering....sword slash, dagger thrust...but then he trips as he tries to move northwest to get out from between two foes! (Katrina takes 11 points and 6 points)

As he falls, Kalindriel's glaive sinks easily into his back...he kicks out his last few seconds of life, impaled like an insect...(15 points)

Annalysei unleashes a Full Attack upon the hapless construct before her, a simple, brutal back and forth pounding, striking down from her right shoulder, then reversing up from left hip, rolling her shoulder to strike up from her right hip, then reversing to slam down from her left shoulder! (17 points, 11 points, 14 points, 18 points)

Skyseeker turns to the south, running off after her new target...a long shot, but this axe flies farther, better than any she'd wielded before....With a muttered call upon Valkhan and Cerana, she lets fly....and the gods favor her, it seems, as the blade neatly severs her head, before flashing back to the elf-maiden's hand. (19 points)

Vynarkus turns his Vitriolic Blast upon the remaining constructs! The one Anna had struck simply melts under the combined assault. lurches in an effort to get out of the way, but falls down, and it's whoel body is covered in the powerful acid, dissolving! (rolled a 1 on relfex save...double damage, finishes it.)

The fight....is over. A negligent look at the spirit altar, and Kalindriel obliterates it.

The elven refuge has been liberated.

As the wards utterly collapse, you can hear song bursting forth, hymns of praise to Valkhan, Missaryi, and Cerana, for their liberators...even a familiar, deep bass singing to Darethon...yes, that's Spirit Stalker. All the demons, devils, and other extraplanar evils have withdrawn with the altar's collapse.

A growling voice echoes within everyone's mind...."I mark you, I mark you all. We shall meet, though not this day...and you shall die, gasping your last at the feet of the Wind of Death."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

AdrenaLin from the fight all used up, Anna collapses in a heap at Sigrid's feet with a decidedly unwarrior-like groan.

"What happened to Merrick? And did you hear that voice? Please tell me it wasn't just me."
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali gives her glaive an extra twist in return for the dagger in her back. Picking it up, she looks it over, then with a flick of the wrist she tosses it at one of the motionless golems.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Treasure list posted in OOC thread.....
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

She saved me!

"Thank you."

I activate Sacred Healing a few times, until everyone is healed.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”