Darkwood--Into the blackness....

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[ooc - I pm'ed this to ask about it, and if I can't, I'll edit this away],

Anna hurriedly whispers to the group, "What if I got behind it and pinned it down behind its head with Precious? 'I think I might have enough room to pin it with the end. Once it's pinned down, Marrik or someone with a blade can come and lop its head off. I saw groomsmen in my father's stables kill snakes this way. The only problem is that someone is going to have to distract it by being tasty, tasty bait, so that it isn't paying attention to someone coming behind. I can cast flare in order to further distract it."

[If the group agrees with my move, cast Quickened Flare to distract the snake and try to pin it with my flail]
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

[ooc]sorry for the delay. Vyn's real life grandmother is visiting since Thursday and my online time has been much truncated. should be back to normal tomorrow evening[/ooc]

Remaining invisible, Laurel darts behind Skyseeker and underneath Vynarkus. She stops against the western wall of the tunnel they had come down, just before the trifurcation. Watching intently for any further sign of aggression towards Led, she first bursts in to a song of courage to inspire her companions in battle.

[ooc]move southwest one, than west two. launch Inspire Courage, which is enhanced by Harmony.[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I activate Sacred Healing

Code: Select all

Cleric 0              |Sorceror 0 (6)    |Wands
 Resistence           | Acid Splash      | Acid Arrow (17)
 Resistence           | Arcane Mark      | Detect Secret Doors (15)
 Resistence           | Light            | Find Traps (24)
 Resistence           | Mage Hand        | Knock (15)
                      | Prestidigitation | Sonic Blast (26)
                      | Ray of Frost     |
----------------------+------------------+----------------------------
Cleric 1              |Sorceror 1 (7)    |Ring
 Protection from Evil | Burning Hands    | Cure Light Wounds
 Protection from Evil | Identify         | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Magic Missile    | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Shield           |
Cleric 2              |Sorceror 2 (5)    |Lesser Rod of Empowering (3)
 Bull's Strength      | Scorching Ray    +----------------------------
 Bull's Strength      | See Invisibility |Turn Undead (7)
 Bull's Strength      |                  | Sacred Healing
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Spying the snake, Led grins and then backs down the steps, trying to keep its attention to lure it into the middle of the group. As he moves, he shifts into battle form.
  • 81hp (max)
    First turn shifted
    Fast healing 6
    Dodge vs. snake
    Survival check to keep it's attention
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus uses a Brimstone Blast on the snake, backs away as far a possible while still having a clear shot at it, and turns invisible again.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

If the snake moves within 5' of me, stay put. If moving will not draw an attack of opportunity, move 3 squares west, 1 north. (Corner of the center tunnel)

Declare dodge against the visible snake.

If it is in range, attack. If I ended up not moving, full attack.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

As soon as the snake comes into view, Vynarkus alertly unleashes his readied blast upon it! It's Fiendish nature gives it some small resistance to the burning of the Brimstone Blast (17 points)

Laurel's song echoes through the tunnels!

Led pulls back, the snake's fangs missing their mark!

The snake slithers forward, and bites at Led! It's fangs sink deep, piercing a major vessel, mainlining the venom into his system! (CRITICAL HIT! 8 points..Fortitude save against the venom...Success!) Led's toughness is even capable of overcoming a massive dose of infernal toxins!

Anna pounces on the snake's head, using the central bar of the Wraith-Slayer to pin it down! She miscalculates it's movements, and essentially hurls herself bodily upon the fangs! (CRITICAL FUMBLE! 6 points physical damage...save against poison...fail...3 points of Constitution damage!)

Skyseeker hurls a javelin while cursing about the lack of room to MOVE! (5 points). It's fiendish nature negates the flames of her javelin strike.

Vynarkus shouts a warning...there are a bunch of much smaller snakes along the upper walls and ceiling coming behind the large one!

Kalindriel wields her new glaive against the infernal reptile, swinging twice! her first swing misses, but her second strikes...upon the prostrate Annalysei! (CRITICAL FUMBLE! 7 points)

Marrik steps northwest, and calls upon Missaryi to Smite this foul denizen of the Abyss! (19 points) It collapses, dead.

OOC--I can't really put them on the map..so essentially there are 4 on each wall, an 2 on the ceiling...see Snake, Tiny Viper at the d20 site.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"Try not to jump in front of my polearm next time." [Sorry Anna. :?]

Dodge against the closest snake. Full attack against any targets that present themselves.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[ooc: Well, that'll teach me to get creative. Alas.]

Anna whimpers in pain, struggles to her feet and moves to attack the nearest small snake with her flail.
Last edited by Annalysei on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I burn all of the snakes.
I burn some of you, too.

"Sorry, everybody. I'll heal the burns in a minute."
  • 22hp (max)
    Second round of Sacred Healing.
    I cast Burning Hands.
    Seven told me I could hit all of them with one blast.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0              |Sorceror 0 (6/6)  |Wands
 Resistence           | Acid Splash      | Acid Arrow (17)
 Resistence           | Arcane Mark      | Detect Secret Doors (15)
 Resistence           | Light            | Find Traps (24)
 Resistence           | Mage Hand        | Knock (15)
                      | Prestidigitation | Sonic Blast (26)
                      | Ray of Frost     |Lesser Rod of Empowering (3)
Cleric 1              |Sorceror 1 (6/7)  |Ring
 Protection from Evil | Burning Hands    | Cure Light Wounds
 Protection from Evil | Identify         | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Magic Missile    | Cure Light Wounds
 Magic Weapon         | Shield           |
Cleric 2              |Sorceror 2 (5/5)  |Turn Undead (7)
 Bull's Strength      | Scorching Ray    | Sacred Boost
 Bull's Strength      | See Invisibility | Sacred Healing
 Bull's Strength      |                  |
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led sees Sigrid about to cast, and hears her apology. Not sure what's coming, but knowing it'll hurt, he moves up the stairs so that the stonework will protect him.
  • 79hp remaining
    Second round shifted
    Second round Fast Healing 6
    Dodge vs. Sigrid
    Move up the stairs
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The bard also observes the cleric about to cast and takes note of her apology. Setting her inspiring tune to linger, she segues in to a hymn of healing, and moves 20' back towards the party so she is directly behind Led before he moves up the stairwell. Preparing herself to cast Cure Light Wounds as needed after Sigrid finishes her spell, Laurel readies the chamber through her sacred ode to be conducive to recuperation.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Sacred Healing is still active for the next four turns, which will heal 24 points on everyone. Burning Hands can only do 20 points of damage, max. Probably more like 12 damage.]
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

[ooc]Annalysei took 15 damage, plus 3 constitution damage, before whatever Sigrid does with Burning Hands, if she's in the cone of the spell, yes? I figure CLW won't hurt before whatever we meet next, and I'm not wasting any spells while I sing the hymn...[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Seeing Sigrid about to cast, and realizing that Led and Anna are about to fed furthur into the area of her spell, and that Marrik is not moving fast enough, Vynarkus stays where he is, but gives some advice.

"Annalysei! Sigrid's about to take care of those snakes, attacking one yourself will make her hit you, as well! Go behind Led, you won't get hit there!
"Led, going up the stairs will leave you where you'll get hurt! Marrik can't move out of the way in time, tackle him out of there!"
[ooc]You don't have to do what I'm saying, but since Vyn wouldn't want anyone to get hurt by friendly fire, and this would accomplish that, he's going to say it...
And Led, he's advising you to Bull Rush Marrik and yourself a few squares to the left.[/ooc]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Though not knowing what Sigrid is going to cast, she is amused by the thought of people more scared of a little spell than the highly toxic bite of a fiendish snake. She chuckles audibly when "friendly fire" comes to mind.

"Stand your ground, you fools. You'll open yourselves up to snake bites trying to dodge a weak spell."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna hesitates, then says, "I'm going to have to risk moving. I'm already wounded, and I'm definitely going to get burned, versus only maybe getting bitten. Look out." and rolls out of the way of the fire blast.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--expediting things here...

Led and Anna move out of the way. Laurel moves closer to heal Anna...
Sigrid casts her spell.

All of the snakes wither and die in the blaze Sigrid sends out!

Marrik is caught within the conflagration! (7 points) He manages to duck under the worst of the flames.

Laurel is caught in the fringes of the fire! (7 points) She twists away from the gouts of flame!

The silence is only broken by the crackling sound of the infernal reptile roast and Laurel's song.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Wincing with pain, the bard falls out of invisibility yet manages to continue her hymn while her inspiring tune lingers. Moving to where Annalysei had moved out of the way of the burning spell, a golden glow spreads from her touch to the duskblade as Laurel does what she can to speed Annalysei's healing along with Sigrid's healing aura which continues to heal the party. After her spell is cast, the bard checks the duskblade over regarding her non-wound damage, looking towards others in the party with any healing skill for assistance.

Working her question in to her hymn, Laurel asks, "Marrik, do you have any sort of Restoration spells within your healing abilities?"

[ooc]become visible
first round Harmony-buffed Inspire Courage lingers
continue to sing Healing Hymn
move action to a square adjacent to Annalysei
standard action to cast feat-enabled CLW upon Annalysei
heal check regarding Annalysei's constitution damage with the hope of someone doing "aid another"[/ooc]
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[OOC: Thanks, Laurel.

Also, can someone check and see how long Animalistic Power lasts? I can't find it on the links I have. With it, I have a net -1 CON.]

Anna plops to the ground in a graceless heap. "Can someone smack me about the head if I try to be clever again? That didn't go the way I'd planned. I seem to do best when hitting things with my fancy stick. Let me know when we're ready to go again. I'll be here, feeling stupid." With a groan, she puts her head in her hands and continues muttering bitterly to herself while the others regroup.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”