Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

How did your predictions pan out?

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Mine from FR:
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... redictions

I got nothing!
Although they did split into two teams at the end.

Mine from Runes:
I got 2.

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... redictions

It's funny reading this though.
I don't remember being so happy about Runes but apparently I was. :lol:
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I don't remember if I've predicted many things... I have my theories for the end...hold on, I have something about Jeremiah...
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Ok, here we go!
She will also probably keep the White Gold too
Yeah! I got the obvious one right! But then there are these:
I like the idea for the car being a literary device ( a McGuffin, pues), however I favor the theory that the Creator is TRAPPED IN THE CAR!!!! AHHHH!!!! BUY MATTEL PRODUCTS, OR THE LAND IS DOOMED!!! As far as Jeremiah's special abilities, it seems that a lot of abilities in the Land are a reflection of the characteristics of the character. Jeremiah, being extremely traumitized at an early age, seeks to withdraw and escape the world around him. Left to his own devices, he probably would just build a construct and hide in it for all time, hence the necesity of the croyel to kinda force him to use his unique power for Despair!
Well, I was pretty much just wrong on all counts.
Now, even though he has this great power, he doesn't do anything (not helping the case for liking Jeremiah, but bare with me) probably out of fear and wanting to hide, to be safe. For whatever reason, I find this dynamic fascinating.
This I think was fairly accurate... gonna have to see if I can find more predictions!

edit: Found one in Runes!
I almost view Roger as a kind of anti-hero. Sure, he's willing a villian of sorts, but I also believe that it is possible that he is doing this for his mother....

Evidence will also support that he's just a meglomaniac, but I like to think there is some "good" in all the characters... makes for more interesting conflicts later on Razz
Seems like I'm pretty wrong about that :P Also, it looks like I didn't much care for Linden at the beginning of the series...interesting...
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Most of mine won't come to fruition [or rot on the vine] till Last Dark, but:

I was wrong about manacles. And Esmer.

Wrong about Longwrath's target [thought it was originally Joan, then corrupted to be Linden]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
native
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by native »

My only prediction was wrong. I thought Jeremiah was a croyel, not possessed by a croyel.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

But I believe that the toy car will be an integral piece to one of Jeremiah's constructs, possibly one to take him and Linden "home."
Aha! I knew the car would be part of a construct! There's even a post I have when I muse that maybe Linden will use it to rescue Jeremiah's mind.

Of course, a lot of my "predictions" are just musings... hard to tell which ones I actually took seriously...
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Two still on hold till the last book.

Most of the others fell flat..

/rubs nose.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I thought I would enjoy it, so my predictions didn't pan out that well.

I also predicted I wouldn't be such a killjoy, got that one wrong too.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Orlion wrote: Of course, a lot of my "predictions" are just musings... hard to tell which ones I actually took seriously...
Yea, I left out any of mine that weren't pretty "factual"
[like I speculated that the symbolism behind the Harrow's name could be related to the definition that is a tool that prepares a field...and that's pretty accurate for what he did, metaphorically...look at all the things that grew out of it.]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Revan wrote:I thought I would enjoy it, so my predictions didn't pan out that well.

I also predicted I wouldn't be such a killjoy, got that one wrong too.
:lol:
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Aleksandr
Giantfriend

Post by Aleksandr »

I speculated that Covenant would go after Joan while Linden would go for Jeremiah (separately). Not quite the way it happened, but partly true.
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I predicted that I wouldn't like AATE and that I would stop reading the Last Chrons altogether. I am thankful that I was wrong.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Privately, I thought that Linden would die at the end of AATE. Oooops.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

dlbpharmd wrote:Privately, I thought that Linden would die at the end of AATE. Oooops.
The man said "predictions," not "dearest wishes". :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Unbelieverable
Servant of the Land

Post by Unbelieverable »

I can tell you I was waaaay off on my prediction. I figured that the end of the earth would pretty much be instantaneous and that the story would be told in the setting of the "real" world. I thought that all the characters and situations might be metaphorically introduced there. Guess I'll keep further predictions to myself :)
"Something in her expression made Covenant feel that he came from a very poor world, where no one knew or cared about healing stoneware pots."
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

Most of my predictions are speculations, and mostly of the wishful-thinking variety. "If I could write the story myself, it would go like this..."

I predicted that Jeremiah's red racecar would have some magical import, but someone else predicted this one more accurately than yours truly.

I predicted that Linden had not Commanded the glamours away from Roger/TC and croyel, yet the present work insists that it was so despite the rule stating that beings from beyond the Land's universe cannot be Commanded. (I also believed to myself that Roger would have more foreground presence in AATE, but most of it was in the background.)

I predicted that Esmer knew Linden would meet Viles in the Land's past, but in the present work Esmer insists that his history lesson concerning the ancient Viles preceding her journey to the past was merely a coincidence.

I predicted that Roger was a Magnificent Bastard of sorts, but if all he can manage to conjour up is an army of revenge-minded cavewights, I sorely overestimated him. Or perhaps he just became too desperate to create anymore devious and conniving plots. But at least Roger's cavewight army did have the effect of forcing other more important events along.

I made some predictions about the end of the Last Dark that entail wishful thinking but also include the idea that events in the Land parallel events in the "real" world.

I predicted that Sheriff Lytton would be translated to the Land bearing a white gold belt buckle - Wait! That was someone else's story, not a prediction. Sorry!
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo
thewormoftheworld'send
The Gap Into Spam

Post by thewormoftheworld'send »

I almost forgot to mention my last prediction. Based on the "water" theme of the book, and some plot resemblances with the 2nd Chrons, I thought the questors might take to the seas again. But no, the "water" theme had more to do with Linden's fate turning to "water." And of course at the end of the book, this would seem to be literally the case.
Tales of a Warrior-Prophet has gone Live on Amazon KDP Vella! I'm very excited to offer the first three chapters for free. Please comment, review and rate, and of course Follow to receive more episodes. Two hundred free tokens may be available for purchases. https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/episode/B09YQQYMKH

Read my Whachichun Tatanka (White Buffalo) Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/8175040473578337186
FB: https://www.facebook.com/WhiteBuffalo.W ... unTatanka/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/white_buffalo
DWOLF
Stonedownor

Didn't go down like that!

Post by DWOLF »

Did anyone have any predictions that didn't happen? I kinda thought Roger would still have his gun and maybe shoot Esmer with it. I was sort of hoping Linden would go back in time and turn out to be Kastenessen's mortal lover. Wrong wrong wrong.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I thought the gun would show up too or at least get a mention.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Aleksandr
Giantfriend

Post by Aleksandr »

I predicted that Linden had not Commanded the glamours away from Roger/TC and croyel, yet the present work insists that it was so despite the rule stating that beings from beyond the Land's universe cannot be Commanded.
The glamour arose from sources within the Land, either by the croyel's power, or Kastenessen's or a combination of both. Hence the Earthblood had power over it. Roger and Jeremiah were not themselves Commanded in any way.

Return to “Against All Things Ending”