The Walking Dead TV series on AMC

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

lorin wrote:
wayfriend wrote:No!

And what happened to Rick's hand? F***.
Spoiler
The knife broke and he cut his hand, I think he broke some fingers. But I don't think there was contamination. There must be another factor to activating the virus not just getting blood on an open wound.
Possibly. Probably.
Spoiler
But earlier the author had indicated that there's nothing special about zombie bites other than that they're really dirty and germ-infested.
So I'm sweatin' it.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Rick sliced his hand on that tiny little pocketknife.

The "NO!" y'all are talking about has been telegraphed for a while.

While this season has been good, I'm amazed that (yet again) they're stuck with a POS old RV, and why no one ever thinks to look behind them every once in a while. Stupidity still reigns in TWD universe.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

a well thinking group of people should be able to survive.

always go out in groups of four. always plan your escape route before you need it. if in doubt, do not check it out.

find a place to stay and modify it with plenty of escape routes that are not ways in. fire escapes preferred.

make food a priority. roof top gardens are a must.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Who would watch a show like that? Not me. :D

The eighth type of narrative conflict is Man vs Zombies.

And the ninth is Man vs Dumb Moves.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Cail wrote: The "NO!" y'all are talking about has been telegraphed for a while.
I didn't see it coming. How did you know it was coming? What was on the wire that I didn't catch?
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

lorin wrote:
Cail wrote: The "NO!" y'all are talking about has been telegraphed for a while.
I didn't see it coming. How did you know it was coming? What was on the wire that I didn't catch?
Ever since the two of them were in the revolving door.

There's an interesting theory that what we saw didn't happen. That the gore was from the other person who landed on top of the person who's face we saw. I really hope that's not the case.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Cail wrote: There's an interesting theory that what we saw didn't happen. That the gore was from the other person who landed on top of the person who's face we saw. I really hope that's not the case.
Ahem......I discussed that above. It was talked about in Talking Dead and everyone hoped there was no such gimmick (except me :P )
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Don't see no one on top of Glenn. :cry:

Click for image: image
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

wayfriend wrote:Don't see no one on top of Glenn. :cry:

Click for image: image
Yup, that's what I looked at on my DVR. Hopefully there's none of that nonsense this Sunday.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I agree Ep3 was a great episode. Things are falling apart quickly.

I do think there is some wiggle room for Glenn surviving. The video clip above clearly shows them falling together, and then the next shot only shows Glenn from the shoulders up. The other dude could easily be on his chest (out of frame) and that's exactly how they were falling. When Glenn was being "eaten," he wasn't screaming in pain, didn't look like he was in pain, only scared/frustrated.

If this was Glenn's final moment, they wouldn't leave any doubt. They purposely shot that scene to provide wiggle room, which makes no sense if you're saying goodbye to a beloved character. Killing off a character in a way that leaves room for doubt is just as much a gimmick as saving him next week. This is a cliffhanger, not death scene. Death scenes have more emotional punch. This has only suspense and questions.

This is a setup for Glenn's death later. This is the foreshadow.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I really liked this previous weeks episode. Maybe my favorite episode of the show so far. It had that kind of Jedi training feeling to it that makes Empire Strikes Back still enjoyable to me. A little piece of humanity from a show that seems to be moving farther and farther away from it.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

It had potential, but for me it was disappointing. I like the idea of developing Morgan, and I like the direction his character has taken, but it felt rushed when condensed into a single episode. He learned a few swings of the stick, learned that Killing is Bad, and an hour later we have his entire story. I would have expected that his turn from killing to not killing would have been more significant than reading a book and meeting a nice stranger. Their bond didn't seem great enough to explain the change.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I believe that Glenn is dead. I am guessing the last episode before the break we meet zombie-Glenn.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

sgt.null wrote:I believe that Glenn is dead. I am guessing the last episode before the break we meet zombie-Glenn.
That'd damn well better be the case. If he's not dead, I'll be forced to hate-watch the rest of the series.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

too many zombies on top of Glenn for anything else. Carol's daughter's death was handled like this, the reveal made when she exited the barn.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

I don't see how they could credibly write, without recourse to easy gimmicks (things which could easily work within other genres/tonalities), Glenn being anything other than dead.

Also, hard to see how there would be anything left-over for there to be a zombie-Glenn.

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Unless it's An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, consider the shark officially jumped.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Wow. I'd never thought of that. And they did it credibly. Consider me suitably humbled.

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Horribly boring mid-season finale.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Can I just ask you folks who watch shows that have gone bad....why do you still watch them? I'm singling you out a bit on this Cail, since you seem to be over this show at this point, yet you keep watching it.
Personally, I try to give a show until the end of the season to redeem itself before I ditch it, but typically will not give a bad show another year, even if the series started off amazing. There are too many good or at least interesting shows out there to hate-watch shows. And I often have to remind myself of that while I'm slogging through a dull show.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Return to “TV Shows”