Possible New Game

Moderator: Zxkuqyb

Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Possible New Game

Post by Zxkuqyb »

I'm checking to see about interest in another game here in GT.

I'm a player in a few, but am thinking of trying my hand at running one.

The premise is Random City USA: old World of Darkness game system by White Wolf.

Using their Demon: The Fallen game.

Modern day, not alot of books for it, which would make my job easier.

Angels were trapped in Hell after rebelling against Heaven, over treatment of the humans. They had a War, they lost. Badly.

They become known as Demons amongst the mortals.
Demons broke free from Hell due to other events in the White Wolf continuum, they can't just exist as fallen angels after losing the War in Heaven, upon freedom, they find dead humans, hop in, take over.

You'd be playing a freshly released Demon, who inhabits the body of your choice (Lawyer, police officer, gang member, almost anyone). Pick how you died, pick your powers, make your character. Just remember, some people may know you're dead, and seeing you walking around raises bad questions. And you still may have a daytime job to attend if it happened in secret. Or a family. Plus Fallen society, entities who spent eons trapped in formlessness with you. Old friends, X comrades, or even rival Fallen.

This will be a Demon only game, no vampires, garou, mages, hunters, changelings, etc. Except as NPCs, some may help, some will be targets, but ultimately the PCs can choose who or what they deal with, and how they deal with it. Even "ignore it and hope it goes away" is an option, but makes for rather boring gameplay.

If there is enough interest, and whomever I should approach about a game subforum consents, then we'll be live.

Rules will be posted, as will powers, and general descriptions of the houses, powers, and factions you may or may not be apart of.

Want to make a deal with the devil? Want to BE that devil? Join in.
Believe that the War was fought for the right reason but you lost due to luck? Join in.
Think humans have destroyed this wonderful gift, and "It's time to cleanse the city"? Join in.
Want to control your own little corner of the world with humans worshipping you, as you feel they should? Join in.

5 or 6 players max. There is alot of backend juggling I'll have to do with information, so that will be the most I'll be taking.

First come, first served.

Game would be starting in a few months, have some RL things to attend to in the coming bit.

Any takers?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Pyriel, Harbinger of the Void, formerly the Purifying Fire before the Fall, will be there, in the body of Ivan Karpenku, mid-level thug of the Russian mafia.

"It's time to cleanse the prison yard, Davey!"
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Im interested... what sort of pacing will the game run? Monthly turns? Weekly? A slow constant?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

I have a definite interest in this.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I'm SO SO in. :)
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I'm SO SO in. :)
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

He's SO in he had to let us know twice.
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

I'm in, though I've never even seen any of the rules...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

If something prevents Acropolis from returning, I'd love to play. We would know about it long before you start this.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Perhaps Niggle/Lily from Purgatory can be adapted to this somehow.
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

System is quite similar to the White Wolf game GK6, as it's from the same overall game world.

Some abilities will be different, some advantages will be different (No blood pool, Faith instead. No disciplines, Lores instead, no silly humanity, Torment instead).

Would be PCs posting as you wish, I'd be posting 2x a week (3 if I'm feelin froggy). Once again, similar to GK6's game.

Once I get some stuff squared away, rules will start appearing, character generation, etc.

Refreshing my memory of the game, rereading the book for it. Will have the fully fleshed out stuff when character generation goes live.

We have enough interest, now who does one approach about a subforum?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Zxkuqyb wrote:We have enough interest, now who does one approach about a subforum?
Or danlo. But Av is more into GT stuff than danlo (or ~jay, aka kevinswatch) is.

You may want to do so in current most active/oldest Watch username though, so he can see you're not a n00b requesting a sub-forum out of the blue.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

You're welcome to dump your rules stuff into my hidden rules forum. It's not unreasonable that I'd be borrowing from them for my own game anyway, so I'm down with having them in there.

I'll have to figure out how to make you an admin over there. Probably Avatar will need to make that happen.

But for your own actual game forum, I'd point you at Avatar. He's always been super-responsive to my needy-ass requests. So much so that I've never even attempted to go to the others. (Don't construe my statement as a slight against them, please.)

Also, anyone interested in the rule books, send me a PM. I'll do the needful.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

Bah, I work a weekend and I miss the good stuff.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

I'd be interested if there's ever any room. :)
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

took a look at the rules, not really my style.
I'll let someone else take my place.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Avatar has been kind enough to say "go for it, let me know when you're ready to start".

We have a cast of peoples who want in.

Goatkiller
Seven Words
Seska
Gedeminas
Menolly
and Corrozus.

Fist and Faith withdrew his hat from the ring, and Balon! has also.

That's 6, an infernal of demons? A host of Fallen?

Goatkiller has been kind enough to let me dump "rules" into his DA rules forum since it uses alot of the same stuffs in addition to having the rule book for people to peruse. We are only using the Core Book.

More info will be available and start time once things are more squared away.
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Things are flowing now, PMs sent, a Demon forum is in the works.

Much like the Vamp games, there will be bonus freebie points for those who transcribe information.

There are 6 available sections I need transcribed. Please let me know which you are doing if any, so we don't end up with 3 copies of "houses" and no lores. FCFS basis.

Houses (7 Houses of the Fallen)
Lores 1 (Awakening, Beast, Celestials, Death, Earth, Flame, including Apoc forms)
Lores 2 (Firmament, Flesh, Forge, Fundament, Humanity, Light, including Apoc form)
Lores 3 (Longing, Paths, Patterns, Portals, Radiance, Realms, including Apoc form)
Lores 4 (Spirit, Storms, Transfiguration, Wild, Winds, including Apoc form)
Misc (Faith, Torment, Virtues, Innate Powers) and Factions (What you believe/philsophy)
Misc 2 (Pacts, Empowering Thralls, Reaping, Ravaging, Invocations, Losing a Host)

The Demon core book, (Link available from Goatkiller666) download, transcribe, send to my email address in my profile.
There are 6 of you, so if you want it works out nicely. If someone chooses not to, then it is up for grabs to the others, FCFS basis.

Read over things, get a character concept idea, who you have for pacts if any, who's living in fear of you, and we can see if we can make it work. Standard Character Generation Rules, no merits/flaws.

Once I get my forum, I'll begin posting the City of Charleston, West Virginia.
Last edited by Zxkuqyb on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

I'll try and do my character build this week. I've had a concept, just haven't sat down and put it to paper.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

I used to live just outside Charleston....in St. Albans, to be exact.....on Cleveland Avenue, to be even more exact....

Return to “Demon: The Fallen”