Anyone rereading this winter?

Not whitegold ring chat. The one ring chat.

Moderator: High Lord Tolkien

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Anyone rereading this winter?

Post by Zarathustra »

Now that I'm done with AATE, I'm looking forward to doing my bi-decadal (there really should be a word for that so I won't be forced to make one up :) ) reading of The Holy Trilogy. It has been five years. It is time. And for some reason, fall/winter always puts me in a Tolkien mood. I think it goes back to my first reading of The Hobbit one winter in junior high school. My life hasn't been the same since.

I'm pretty psyched this time. I'm going to finally crack open my mammoth Allen Lee illustrated $70.00 (which I got on sale) LOTR mega-tome. I've been reading crappy paperbacks for years. The covers have all fallen off. This time I'm going to do it in style. I think I'll even start out with my first addition hardback Silmarillion that I've been leaving untouched for over a decade. Ah, like a bottle of fine wine (or in my case, barleywine).
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Was thinking about a new years re-read myself.

Done it twice, starting on new years day, last time was three or four years ago.
Me and the kiddos are watching all the movies on new years eve, so its nice to follow up with the real story.

Unless of course, I get AATE for Christmas, then LOTR will have to wait :D :D
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time

Return to “J.R.R. Tolkien Forum”