Let's pretend we're in the Close

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I see your undies got tangled after all.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Show's what you know...I hardly ever wear undies
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

I was talking about Sarge. Maybe you should take a break from the Close and work on your reading comprehension before you come back and attempt to debate again.
Rob

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Its clear, from your posts now, that your heart has never learned anything other than the thumpity-thump that keeps you going.

If you would have only opened your heart to the magical love of 'x' than you would not be always in a bad mood, and always on the defensive.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

drew wrote:Its clear, from your posts now, that your heart has never learned anything other than the thumpity-thump that keeps you going.

If you would have only opened your heart to the magical love of 'x' than you would not be always in a bad mood, and always on the defensive.
spare us that love-in stuff. God helps the child that gots hi sown.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I don't think God want children to get High.
If that is a belief of yours...than no thanks
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

X is okay with me. At least it isn't J or W.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Finally. Someone around here to make some sense.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

And what, exactly, is wrong with J? Without J, there is no joy in the world. And might I add no Jesus either? You're actually going to tell me that 'X' is preferable to 'J'?
Rob

Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

The world would be better if we didn't have X or J. Then there could be none of this pointless JuXtaposition of beliefs.
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

we all need to understand that X an J follow D = Dennis. I am just saying.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

rdhopeca wrote:And what, exactly, is wrong with J? Without J, there is no joy in the world. And might I add no Jesus either? You're actually going to tell me that 'X' is preferable to 'J'?
J and W are historically abominations! They are both absolutely unnecessary. I have done extensive research into alphabetics, and J and W are simply alternate versions of I and U. Before Jesus was spelled with a J, it was spelled with an I, Iesus (or occasionally Iesu), and for centuries people managed just fine with the letters they had. Then some uppity scribes became dissatisfied with the status quo, and decided to create those newfangled monstrosities, J and W. This caused great havoc in the pronunciations of letters across many different languages, resulting in much confusion for the students who were trying to learn new languages (such as: Is this J pronounced like y or zh or dzh?). Some wonderful languages, such as Italian, wisely avoided this issue by skipping J and W altogether, as they well should. X, on the other hand, has been around since the invention of the alphabet, when Semitic peoples living in and near Egypt developed what was to become the Phoenician and Hebrew alphabets. X has since been embraced by every language that has adopted that alphabet. X is therefore more valid than both J and W. Other letters, such as N and P, share this validity, but I believe that is a subject for a different debate, as this thread mainly concerns the merits of X.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

In the Gospels of Saint Fonzarelli, it is clearly stated that only one letter in the alphabetic pantheon justifies itself in the eyes of God (or the absence thereof):

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
fall far and well Pilots!
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

danlo wrote:In the Gospels of Saint Fonzarelli, it is clearly stated that only one letter in the alphabetic pantheon justifies itself in the eyes of God (or the absence thereof):

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
A is a perfectly acceptable letter. Not quite as good as X (A wasn't a letter until the Greeks started using the alphabet), but still very good.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

the alphabet was made by soup merchants from tunisia. everyone knows this. verified fact.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

sgt.null wrote:the alphabet was made by soup merchants from tunisia. everyone knows this. verified fact.
Verified by whom, may I ask? I wish to examine this hypothesis, as it is not compatible with anything I discovered in the resources I perused during the fifteen years I have been investigating this subject.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Auleliel wrote:
sgt.null wrote:the alphabet was made by soup merchants from tunisia. everyone knows this. verified fact.
Verified by whom, may I ask? I wish to examine this hypothesis, as it is not compatible with anything I discovered in the resources I perused during the fifteen years I have been investigating this subject.
notified science fiction authore/church founder Soupy Sales. and for just $436 you too can get a ":Campbell's" screening to verify the presents of primordial soup within you.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Oh Sarge...The alphabet was perfected, as I've stated time and Time again, by Dr Suess in his book, ABC.

The good Dr was able to see the hidden meanings behind all of the letters, and describe them in a plain and easy way for everyone to understand.
M m M
Many mumbling mice, are making midnight music in the moonlight, mighty nice.
What better way to describe 'M'?

And once you read his section on 'J' where he talks about Jerry Jordan's Jelly Jar...and what he has to say about 'W', going into details about Willy Waterloo, you will realize how deep and poignant he is.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

drew wrote:Oh Sarge...The alphabet was perfected, as I've stated time and Time again, by Dr Suess in his book, ABC.

The good Dr was able to see the hidden meanings behind all of the letters, and describe them in a plain and easy way for everyone to understand.
M m M
Many mumbling mice, are making midnight music in the moonlight, mighty nice.
What better way to describe 'M'?

And once you read his section on 'J' where he talks about Jerry Jordan's Jelly Jar...and what he has to say about 'W', going into details about Willy Waterloo, you will realize how deep and poignant he is.
Oh, the irony, that you can't spell the good Doctor's name right. Must be all that fanatical excitement over singing his praises.
Rob

Icarus Unfallen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Icarus Unfallen »

sgt.null wrote:...church founder Soupy Sales. and for just $436 you too can get a ":Campbell's" screening to verify the presents of primordial soup within you.
Beware of these Brothology cultists. The initial screening is just the beginning. They have an extensive program of tracking down "barleygrams" from past bowls of soup. Then they have ascending levels of becoming one with the eternal Chowder. All of this is fee-based, so the only end to the process is the end of your assets.

Stick with sandwiches and salads, that's my advice!

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”