Audiobook for The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

WoundedlandDan
Servant of the Land

Post by WoundedlandDan »

I am almost done with Scott Brick's audiobooks of the First Chronicles, and he did a wonderful job. It makes my commute fly by. I can't find the second chronicles anywhere. Any help?
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

They don't exist... at least, not yet. As far as I understand, Brinks would love to do these also... but it's really a labor of love. As far as the First Chronicles were concerned, it was Brink's initiative that brought them about. DelRey publishings doesn't care to support it, so Brinks has to do it on his own. As a result, he'd have to find spare time and resources to do this.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Audiobook for The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant?

Post by sindatur »

WoundedlandDan wrote:I am almost done with Scott Brick's audiobooks of the First Chronicles, and he did a wonderful job. It makes my commute fly by. I can't find the second chronicles anywhere. Any help?
I've recently listened to the First Chronicles (And then Runes and FR) on my commute as well. He does an awesome job. I ahve his original Frankenstein as well, which is also masterfully done.

Scott Brick says he does intend to do them at some point.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

I've got the second chrons on audio files, read by someone by the name of John Chancer.
He's pretty good.
I'd like to eventually hear Scott Brick's version for comparison ..
WoundedlandDan
Servant of the Land

Post by WoundedlandDan »

SleeplessOne wrote:I've got the second chrons on audio files, read by someone by the name of John Chancer.
He's pretty good.
I can't find the Chancer version anywhere. Do you have any details that might help me find it?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

WoundedlandDan wrote:
SleeplessOne wrote:I've got the second chrons on audio files, read by someone by the name of John Chancer.
He's pretty good.
I can't find the Chancer version anywhere. Do you have any details that might help me find it?
Yea, I've checked Ebay, Barnes and noble and Amazon... No luck
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

someone downloaded the Chancer-read chrons from a site called Demonoid I think ... www.demonoid.me/files/details/2143536/? ... 1#comments
not sure the link will work, you need to be a member of that site to get hold of anything ...
ooh, just noticed the Gap cycle is there too ...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

SleeplessOne wrote:someone downloaded the Chancer-read chrons from a site called Demonoid I think ... www.demonoid.me/files/details/2143536/? ... 1#comments
not sure the link will work, you need to be a member of that site to get hold of anything ...
I even tried several torrents and they all seemed to be phony or abandoned

The Gap too???? Together , that's gotta be worth becming a member for. Must check it out when I have time

SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

yeah it's a good site, all kindsa junk that I can't find elsewhere pops up there - unfortunately its forever under threat of getting shut-down.
I'll start downloading the Gap series tomorrow, not sure there are many seeders though ..
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Are Scott Brink's 1st Chrons audiobooks complete and unabridged. It would have been a massive undertaking but this is the way I would like them. I hate the idea that hunks of Donaldsons prose would be sacrificed on the grounds of brevity. Also - where can I get the damn things and what format do they come in. For me it has to be cd's or nothing. I haven't moved into the MP3 age yet - damn, it's all I can do to get my old head round the simple laptop I have in front of me.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

At the bottom of the forums page, there's a link to Brink's website where you can get his Donaldson readings. As far as I know, they are complete and unabridged (as well as being endorsed by the Man himself), I also believe they come in MP3 and CD formats.
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Orlion wrote:At the bottom of the forums page, there's a link to Brink's website where you can get his Donaldson readings. As far as I know, they are complete and unabridged (as well as being endorsed by the Man himself), I also believe they come in MP3 and CD formats.
Yes. CDs are MP3, but, it's easy enough to burn your own CDs, I knew nothing of MP3 and was able to make my own CDs from the MP3 CDs for the First Chronicles plus Fatal Revenant

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

SleeplessOne wrote:someone downloaded the Chancer-read chrons from a site called Demonoid I think ... www.demonoid.me/files/details/2143536/? ... 1#comments
Registrations are closed, need a reccomendation invitation code. Care to invite me?

downupstair
Servant of the Land

Gold Gold Wielder - Audio Book - Please Help

Post by downupstair »

I am looking for a download for the "White Gold Wielder" audio book - the third book in the second Chronicles. Can anyone please help me? This audio book is no longer in print so asking for a download of this is not illegal. I have already purchased the books, but don't feel like reading the last book. I found some torrents but they are all dead. Can someone either point me to a download or just send it to me?

Thanks.
Last edited by downupstair on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Topic merged :D
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

I've got a torrent going, that looks promising, slower than molassass with only 1 out of 2 seeds, but it is internet rush hour. Anyways, if it works, I'll let you know. If I was to start it again, I'd do a book at a time. Files are loading though, so far.

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Well, after 5 hours, it looked like it had failed, but, I left it open, and when I got up 6 hours later, it apears to have completed successfully. I've clicked on several of the files and they play and My UTorrent Control Panel says it completed successfully

I put in the search term in Google:
second chronicles thomas covenant audio torrent

And selected the one at the bottom: www.torrenthound.com/hash/4aa7c52c61bfd ... s-Covenant

It says no seeders, but, it apparently did work, just real slow getting started

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

From the GI:
Anonymous: Do you have any updated information on when Scott Brick will publish the audio versions of the Second Chronicles?

As far as I know, Scott Brick has no plans to tackle the Second Chronicles. I have the impression that he can't afford to. He has to spend his own money, and the sales of the first trilogy don't justify the expense.

(03/22/2011)
This saddens me. I'm a fan of Brick's audio versions of the First Chronicles, and I was really looking forward to Second Chronicles.

But wait....hope is on the way!

From today's News:
Scott Brick has just informed me that he is currently negotiating with Ballantine Books to obtain the audio rights for "The Wounded Land," "The One Tree," and "White Gold Wielder." No doubt there will still be a long wait until audio books are actually available; but progress is being made. In the meantime, readers who aren't sure where to get Brick's readings of other "Covenant" titles can find them at:

www.scottbrickpresents.com/wordpress/store/

3/24/11
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Yea, I'm about finished with The Wounded Land, it's nice to have something, but, it's no work of art, like it will be when Scott Brick gets them done. And of course, I will get them from Scott Brick, as I have First Chronicles and Fatal Revenant.

Doug0915
Servant of the Land

Post by Doug0915 »

Orlion wrote:They don't exist... at least, not yet. As far as I understand, Brinks would love to do these also... but it's really a labor of love. As far as the First Chronicles were concerned, it was Brink's initiative that brought them about. DelRey publishings doesn't care to support it, so Brinks has to do it on his own. As a result, he'd have to find spare time and resources to do this.
Actually, there WAS an audiobook version of "The Wounded Land" by Terri Hayes-Sayles back in the 80's

www.worldcat.org/title/wounded-land/ocl ... ht=edition

I've not listened to it and have no idea if it's any good. I'm in the same boat. Just finished Scott's versions and am wondering if I should go get the old one. Not that I don't know what happens as I read them 25 years ago but I loved how well Scott did the first series.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”