Demon: The Fallen [OOC]

Moderator: Zxkuqyb

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Oh, that's why Kali's partner knows your boyfriend. They must have met that one time they went to Canadia. I hear Canadia only has a couple people, so I assume you all know each other, right?

But, at least you guys got that whole Gay Marriage thing worked out right.
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

I went to Canada twice.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

You're dead to me now.
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

This is my Realm, yes.
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

...I've been reading the book, and came up with an interesting idea.

What happens if a demon posses a vampire that is in torpor? The soul isn't actually there at that point...
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

A Torpored vampire is no different than an awake one as far as the soul is concerned. It's akin to a coma in a living being.

The question, however, is does a vampire have a soul at all?

If no, can they not be possessed? If not, why not?

If yes, then are they really any more damned than any other human? Are there shades of damnation? Do they fall between a mortal and a Fallen?

It poses all kinds of wonderful philosophical questions.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, I know from private conversations with Z that, no... you cannot have a hybrid demon / vampire in his game.

It was interesting because his reasons for disallowing it and my reasons I'd disallow it (if I had Demon in my own game in the first place) were totally different. But, the key fact of "no" nonetheless was crystal clear.

(And I kind of forget what his reasons for saying 'no' were... I went off on my own tangent for a while there, thinking about the nature of the Curse. It eventually has me making some changes to how the long-term storyline of my own game will go.

You're welcome. :)
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

I knew the answer would be no...
It's simply too powerful a combo to allow. The reason I asked, however, was to get some rational reason why, and have another fun argument about the rules (which is the fastest way I have discovered to learn the rules of one of these games...)
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

There is a soul inside a torpor vampire, much as there is a soul within a coma patient.

There are a handful of ways that it could work, Obeah 5, Koldunic Sorcery rituals, catching an unwary vampire with Auspex 5 out of his body, Dominate 5, to name a few. The soul is out to lunch.

But GK is right, we talked about it and it won't work. Well, it can, but it's one of those not worth the risk for a very short term home. Seeing as I can't recall right now the meat of the conversation, nor find the log of it, suffice it to say: Caine was cursed by an Angel for the sin of Pride, not by God. He refused to give an "I'm sorry", per the Book of Nod. The Fallen were cursed by God itself.

Your unhomed Fallen finds a vampire out of body, and hops in, booting him or her out (this is one of those high D rolls with mutliple successes since the curse keeps them rather firmly entrenched like possessing a vampire is hard to do). If you win, congratz!

You start burning Faith (you lose 1 perm Faith taking over body, returning it to life), except it has no blood in it, the mystical blood stuff in your body is unpalpable. Muscles that have not had a true electrical impulse of stimulation try to activate, the withered shriveled heart starts beating, Brain atrophy from lack of oxygen. And you start burning more faith perm faith to repair these things. Until the Curse that has kept aging away has time catch up, and you're now about 3-6 perm Faith less, or more and in a body that still isn't working right. You run out of faith, and you have not fixed the body. you are booted out of the dead body. The rolls start again to resist the pull to Hell, and you have alot less Faith to roll with.

Before we get a "Neonate out of body" comment, how many vampires less than 100 years under the cloak of undeath in modern times have access to those disciplines. In the event that the stars align, and everything were to work out perfectly, you're still in a bad way though, assuming you haven't been sucked back into Hell in the first place.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

This is a good reason to make friends with a powerful Halaku that knows all the secrets of Lore of the Spirit...

(No, I am not this Halaku.)
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Remember: vampires fear fire. What use are they to me, as hosts? They are lucky that Caine was cursed by Michael, and not by Pyriel. Michael's flame is still creationary. At worst, it is an object lesson, a punishment that Caine was meant to suffer but then survive, so that he could learn from his mistake and repent.

Had Pyriel been sent, Caine would have been destroyed on the spot.
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

Burn, burn, burn. You're so single-minded. I wish you'd let that talk die.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

(Though, you may want to burn it, even if it ain't broke.)
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

If it ain't broke, you need to break it.

(The only burning I want involves a concentrated application of raw elemental power focused in a happy spot.)
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

The whole world is my happy spot.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I am still playing catch-up on responsibilities that piled up when I was away last month, and new things are being sprung on me regarding Beorn's college search everyday. I have not yet even begun to look at the rules for this game, much less given thought to a character.

Please go ahead and open my spot to someone else, and begin the game. I will enjoy reading what all happens as a lurker, and potentially occasional poster, if welcome to do so.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Then perhaps Ore-Sama will join us?
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

My apologies for the delay. Work took a bad turn. I'd have started now with those of you who are finished, but still waiting on one char sheet.

Yeah, cop out, but I'm working on it.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So... I just noticed that Ivan didn't have access to the World of Darkness: Rules forum. While fixing that, I noticed that none of the other character accounts did, either. That has all been fixed. Apologies for not catching that earlier.

Also, we might want to get around to doing those rules transcriptions, now that the game is getting started. (Me included.)
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Kylantha wrote:
Melliphalia wrote:"I'm very interested in learning more about the center here, and what I can do to help. This is a cause which I feel VERY strongly about."
"Mariah'd be better to talk to about that stuff. ...though we could always use better food." She lowers her voice a bit, "and maybe some smokes. I'm niccing pretty fierce."

"But yeah. That speech was pretty good. Ya might say divinely inspired. The kids could stand ta hear more a that. Well, the ones that ain't had their spirits completely crushed yet. At least give 'em a bit a hope, even if they been abandoned 'bout as much as He did with Creation. And the saps with money. They'd eat that [stuff] up. Maybe spring for a few niceties ta make us forget where we're at, y'know?"
Melliphalia wrote:"Well, just because you can't see the opposition, you know it's still there. And you need to keep fighting" with a slightly hard-edged smile.
With all of this sub-text, and innuendo, I imagine the end of this conversation ending up with both of them finally discovering that the other one is gay. "You mean we could have just been making out this whole time, instead of dancing around the subject? Damn it!"

It really sucks when everybody is in the closet.

Return to “Demon: The Fallen”