Animal Character's.

Malazan and other stuff.

Moderators: lucimay, Onos T'oolan

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Animal Character's.

Post by Mr. Broken »

I love Eriksons utilization of animal characters. No not the Soletaken, or the D'ivers. The regular non supernatural animal characters, that pop up here and there. From Kruppe's mule, to Karsa's short lived wolf pack. By far my favorites are from Dead House Gates. Fiddler's biting horse, as well as Bent, and Roach stole the show as far as I was concerned. Who knew that having a horse that would bite someones face off would actually increase its value. I look forward to more of Erikson's mundane animal characters, I find them to be anything but...
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Bent, and Roach, are probably the most detailed of the animal characters, but I get good laughs from reading about Kruppe, and Pust's mules ( dont ask me why its just funny). Erikson spends considerable time writing about the thought processes of oxen during toll the hounds, and Im hoping for more of Bent, and Roach, and perhaps one last glimpse of Karsa's old scarred dog in DOD, and or TCG.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I totally agree. and don't worry, you haven't seen the last of bent and roach.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:I totally agree. and don't worry, you haven't seen the last of bent and roach.
So I have finished TCG, and am still laughing about a certain leap of faith made by Roach, and at the same time broken hearted for poor Bent. Im sorry there wasnt more on them, but somehow even at the end I got the feeling that there was more, that there will be more.
Wide Eyed Stupid

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”