Demon: The Fallen - Scene 1: The Shelter

Moderator: Zxkuqyb

Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan approaches the agent. "You have card? So I find you later. I think for me, you answer phone, da?"

He takes the man's card, then turns to leave. The $1000 is still in his hand, so he hands it to the agent. "Give to children here. Little girl too scared to take, but I think you good at taking money for other people. Just make sure they don't buy no spaghetti."

[Unless anyone intercedes, he'll take his crew and depart.]
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

As Ivan leaves, move off to speak privately with Diana.
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

[Do not interfere with Ivan and crew leaving.]

"Um, hi. I'm Diana. Been here a while, so I kinda know the ropes and try ta help Mariah out." Lacking proper etiquette or having an aversion to getting friendly, it's hard to say which, she does not make any gestures such as offering to shake hands.
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

"I'm very interested in learning more about the center here, and what I can do to help. This is a cause which I feel VERY strongly about."
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Outisde with Ivan and da boys:

As you exit the building, 2 gentlemen in blue uniforms approach the shelter on foot, hustling. One was whispering into his radio while staring at the back of your vehicle. Both head inside hands on sidearms. A cop cruiser pulls up partially blocking your vehicle, one officer stays in the car, while the older one gets out and joins the other 2 inside.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan allows the cops to go past him into the building. Once they're through the door, he quickly takes out his gun and hands it to Oleksiy, so nobody can see it (especially the rookie in the car). In Russian to all three of them, "Keep walking. Call Dimitry for a ride back, once you're a few blocks away and you're sure nobody is following you. I'll bullshit the police, and bring home the car later. It might be a while, if they arrest me."

He takes the keys to the Range Rover from Oleksiy, then stands on the sidewalk until the police come back out.

Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

Melliphalia wrote:"I'm very interested in learning more about the center here, and what I can do to help. This is a cause which I feel VERY strongly about."
"Mariah'd be better to talk to about that stuff. ...though we could always use better food." She lowers her voice a bit, "and maybe some smokes. I'm niccing pretty fierce."

"But yeah. That speech was pretty good. Ya might say divinely inspired. The kids could stand ta hear more a that. Well, the ones that ain't had their spirits completely crushed yet. At least give 'em a bit a hope, even if they been abandoned 'bout as much as He did with Creation. And the saps with money. They'd eat that [stuff] up. Maybe spring for a few niceties ta make us forget where we're at, y'know?"
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

"Well, just because you can't see the opposition, you know it's still there. And you need to keep fighting" with a slightly hard-edged smile.
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

"Yeah, I suppose, but the kids ain't seen much to inspire them. When your foe is hunger and homelessness and you never known nonthin' else, why do ya wanna fight?"

"They don't know it can be better."
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

"And that's why I'm back here. To show them how better we can make it. Standing up for what's right, for your belief. How some folks have left everything leaves it to us to pick up the pieces, take it all back."
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

"I'm not into takin' things. It kicks up a fuss. Don't go puttin' dangerous ideas into their heads now."
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

"Well, if you aren't willing to try and change things, you have no right, really, to complain about how things are. I know we can do better, make it better...especially if the the largest part of the expected opposition fails to materialize. Why don't you hang around, see what we're doing, and maybe you'll take a slightly different perspective....."
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan and the Thug-a-long gang.

As the gang is departing, the cop who stayed in the vehicle looks at you.

Surkov comes back to you "Him in car, he look to know you."

[Police will be joining the ladies inside at the speed of plot
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan gestures for his man to move along, before all the cops notice them still together. He watches the cop for a bit, trying to gauge his demeanor. Finally deciding the man wasn't going to just arrest him, he strolls over to the police cruiser.

"Hello, Mr. Policeman. I think you lookink for me?"
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan

The looks nervous as you approach, then gets his Authority Face ready.

Pulling out a small notepad and pen "What's your business here?"

He begins writing while looking you up and down.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire had walked past this place a couple times before, but never seen so many people and police cars in the front. She crossed the street and casually leaned up against the building, listening quietly to the large Russian man and the cop.
"If nothing matters, there's nothing to save." - Jonathan Safran Foer

"...his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"My bidness? Ivan is just private citizen, enjoying public appearance by famous actress here at children's shelter. I was so moved, I donated money to help retarded underage addicted children."

"But I think you more interested in something else, no? So, tell me please how Ivan can be of service to you, Mr. Policeman?"
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Trying to hide his nervousness behind Authority. the cop replies.

"Ivan, last name? What did you see here? Who was that group that just left?"

[4 successes on perc+alert]

His eyes keep going from the notepad to the dashboard, or more precisely to slightly below it.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Group? Is no group just left. Is only Ivan here. And Ivan is seeink nothing but pretty actress who won't sleep with someone one time."

Ivan leans in closer to the policeman, moving to the right, so the man is forced to turn to face him (and so can't see to under the dashboard).

"You know joke? Whore someone who sleep with everyone, bitch someone who sleep with everyone but you. I guess she is bitch. But, she pretty and retarded street children moved by stories of not having to put out for money."

Now that the man's attention is on Ivan, he himself looks below the dashboard, to find what he was glancing at.
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Outside the Shelter

The cop swallows once, stares Ivan in the eyes "Step away from the vehicle."

He reaches with one hand for the radio, he raises it to his mouth and begins talking in short bursts of "Six four niners" and "Max Alpha David" and "Ralph United Sherriff" and many other short bursts into the radio.

[Eridan, check PM]

Inside the Shelter

3 Cops haul ass inside, weapons drawn, one heads through the door where one of the kids headed, the other 2 approach.

The older one commands "Ladies, I'm going to have to ask you a few questions."

His fat companion heads to follow the eager rookie who took off.

Pen and paper out "What's going on here? Names please, addresses. Has anything particular happened here? Do you know who tripped the alarm?"

During this burst of questioning the kid who ran comes crying in, arms out running to Kylantha's host.

She babbles "That man talks funny and his friends were here and he had a gun and he touched me and it felt cold and he talked about poisoning us and I was so scared". She bursts into hysterical crying and buries her face in Kylantha's hosts stomach.

The cop "Ladies, would you mind telling me, just what in the Hell that kid is talking about?"
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!

Return to “Demon: The Fallen”