Demon: The Fallen - Scene 1: The Shelter

Moderator: Zxkuqyb

Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Outside the Shelter

The cop swallows once, stares Ivan in the eyes "Step away from the vehicle."

Ivan smiles and takes one step back, hands raised like he's surrendering. "Don't be afraid. Ivan good law abiding citizen of greatest country in world. United State of American!"

"But, since you don't have question for Ivan, Ivan bored wit you. I see you around, Mr. Police Officer. If you off duty, perhaps I buy you beer, eh? Always pleasure to say 'thank you' to boys in blue, who keep me safe from criminals."

Confused, but amused at the same time, Ivan walks over to his Range Rover, gets in with the keys, and drives off. (Unless some police action prevents him from doing so.)
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire quietly and quickly runs over to the Range Rover before Ivan gets to the vehicle and whispers softly "He wasn't pressing the talk button you know, I think you scared him a bit tho." She skittishly backs away and around the other side of the vehicle.
"If nothing matters, there's nothing to save." - Jonathan Safran Foer

"...his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan looks at the skittish woman whispering at him. She moves to the far side of the Range Rover, but doesn't actually run away again.

On a whim, he hits the button to lower the rear passenger window. If she's worried about being attacked, that window would let her speak to him unheard by those outside, while keeping her out of arm's reach. That was about as far as he could bring himself towards making her feel safe.

"Oh, so you watching Ivan talk with policeman, eh little girl? You live here in orphanage shelter place? Come to say spasiba for donating many American dollars? Is good that at least one you have manners."

He looks over his other shoulder, to where the officer is still sitting in his squad car. "But, I think I must leave very soon, before policeman's fear step into anger. So, since we good friends now, maybe you get in car and we talk somewhere else?"

Ivan tries very hard to seem friendly, but he's afraid that it still comes across as aggressive and dangerous. He takes a white business card out of his inside pocket, it has only a phone number on it. "If you busy, call Ivan later. I come out to meet you, wherever you want. Maybe pick someplace public, but private? Many witness to see, but nobody to hear, eh? Best kind of place."

He rolls down the driver window, thinking he'll just drop the card on the ground there for her to pick up when he leaves. Then he unlocks the rear passanger door for her.
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

She quickly shakes her head "I don't live here, was just walking past." Her hair falls in front of her face as she looks him over thoughtfully for a quick moment, before opening the door and slipping into the back seat. Quietly and carefully, Claire closes the door behind her and tosses her backpack on the seat beside her.

Claire glances back at the police officers, hoping they didn't see her as she buckles up. She casually pushes the hair back from her face and settles back into the seat, looking up at the large man's reflection in the rear-view mirror. "I'm Claire."

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

[For what it's worth, Ivan is actually kind of a small guy. He's got that short-man's rage going for him. I was really lucky finding the avatar picture I did. It's totally what he looks like.]

Ivan notices Claire in the rear view, then tilts it to the side, so he can check the car number on the Police car. I must remember to look you up later, Mr. Policeman. Then, anticlimactically, Ivan pulls carefully into traffic. It wouldn't do to get pulled over at this point, he might just get away from this whole thing with some useful information.

"And I yam Ivan." He says, making a right at the next corner, moving out of the cop's view. "So, where you want to talk?"

Up ahead, he sees his men walking up the block. He glances back nervously at Claire, then pulls over to the curb where they're walking.

[Z, check PM.]
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

[OOC: My bad on not filling in this blank]

Down the Street

Ivan pulls over and the pack of gentlemen walking down the street move towards the vehicle, each towards a door and moving to get in.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire's eyes widen as she sees the three other men approaching the car. She quickly spouts out "I'm sitting in the front then" and climbs over the center console to sit in the front seat, dragging her backpack with her and putting it on the floor in front of her, avoiding eye contact with Ivan and looking out the window.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan says in Russian, That cop didn't want to arrest me. So I got away. Get in the back, Anton. This girl may know something, so don't scare her yet.

Once the lads are crammed into the back of the Rover, Ivan pulls back into traffic. "I just need drop dese guys off, then we go somewhere talk. They was 'bout to get arrest. Now they owe me favor, da?"

He heads towards the hideout, and eventually let's them off a couple blocks away from it. "Okay, Ivan is sorry for delay. Where you want go? You runaway kids from shelter always hungry. Want Burger King?"
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

Inside the Shelter

Diana tries to comfort the child, pretty much ignoring the officer. "It's okay now. That ass is gone."

Not able to resist a poke at authority though, she soon pipes up, "What do you think our address is? You're in a youth homeless shelter."

"I was talking with the old maid and some guy in a suit comes up to us. He starts waving some monopoly money around and babbling about spaghetti. Ain't never seen a trip go that wrong before. Dude was totally [messed] up."
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire glares at Ivan, "I said I don't live there. Passing by doesn't equal residence you know."

She cringes slightly and pushes a bit closer to the door as she finishes and chews on her lower lip briefly before sighing softly and saying somewhat apologetically, "Burger King is fine if you want, I'm not picky." Her hand reaches down into her backpack and rustles around briefly before pulling out a wallet and slipping it into her pocket.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

The little man nods knowingly. "Da, only passing by. Is what all say. Not to worry, Ivan does not judge."

Up ahead, he spots a Bennigan's on the right, and pulls into the parking lot. "But if you no picky and Ivan buying, we get something better that crap."

He gets out of the Rover, and waits for her to follow him. (Locking it once she's out, of course.) He even remembers his manners and holds the door open for her. At this time of day, the restaurant isn't very full, so he walks past the sign saying "Please Wait to be Seated" and finds the chair with the best observation lines. Then he sits in on the other side of the table from there, so Eridan can scope out the place as much as her paranoid runaway heart requires.

He's actually feeling very proud of himself for how considerate he's being right now. Sitting tall(er) in his seat when Eridan finally sits, he waits patiently for the wait staff to show up and take their order.

"Large American Cheeseburger, rare, all toppinks. And best American beer. And whatever girl want."
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

The waitress popping her gum writes quickly scrawls a few things and replies "And what does your girlfriend want?"
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire looks at Ivan as he opens the door for her and smiles at him. "Thank you."

She sits down across from him, taking a quick look around the restaurant before placing her bag at her feet and slouching in the chair. The waitress arriving surprises her and she jerks upright, her hands moving to fiddle with the cutlery as she responds. "I'd like a Hamburger, no pickles or onions, french fries and a Coke please."

-Edgar Allan Poe
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Inside the Shelter

"That little girl said something about being poisoned by a man. Was this your same man who was giving you money?"

Looks Diana up and down. Sneers making it plain what he thought it was payment for.

His partner moves to his side, which makes him immediately change back into formal cop mode.

"Someone pulled the alarm in your office. If this hysterical kid is the one, then something flipped her switch. I aim to be findin out what made her do it."

"Now we can do this here, nice and polite, or we can all take a nice ride downtown and do it there. Someone threatening to poison a homeless shelter is serious, and we have to get all the facts."
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

"I told ya, [jerk], he was on sumthin' and weren't makin' no sense."

"He came up behind her, put his hands on her so she couldn't run. Then he talked some [crap] about eating too much spaghetti and how it'd be a shame to get lead poisoning from it."

"I pushed him off, then he tried to throw money at her, that [@!$%]in' pervert! She ran while I blocked him. So insteada tryin' to intimidate a buncha kids, why don't you track that [bum] down? Ya had to pass him to get in here!"
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

"That sounds suspiciously like a threat. Given that I am just as much a witness as she is, if you want to continue asking questions I think we might be needing to wait for my lawyer. Or, you can go after the person MAKING threats."

Bright smile, utterly lacking in warmth, and razor edged.

Poising hand over cell phone in holster on hip, awaiting the officer's decision.
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

He nods to both ladies.

"Thank you, for your information. You have been very helpful with this blossoming investigation"

To his partner

"You heard them, let's go get this guy."

Turning around and starting towards the door.

"Let's get an APB out. Male. Wearing a suit. Lots of money. Funny accent."

He pauses, then in a thick drawl "That thar should only be 'bout a tenth of this here city don'tchaknow."

Looks over his shoulder

"Or do you have some real information to give instead of jerking us around. Time is ticking ladies, and this dirtbag you are so adamant about, yet so lacking in details, is getting further away."
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

"Fine."

"Short. Dark hair. Looks like the guy outside as you came in."

[Did the camera pan around the room at all?]
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

[No. It is also typical off-off-off-off brand. Very blurry.]

He looks to his partner, satisfied to be making progress.

"You remember who she's talking about?"

Partner nods and says "One of that group maybe?"

"Would both of you mind coming with us then, so we can get a more detailed description, maybe have a sketch artist sit in for it?"
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

"That's up to Mariah."

Return to “Demon: The Fallen”