Demon: The Fallen - Scene 1: The Shelter

Moderator: Zxkuqyb

Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Demon: The Fallen - Scene 1: The Shelter

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Melliphalia

Your agent, trying to help resuscitate your career (Even if you have no interest in it, he does), has a sweet interview lined up at a local homeless shelter, helps kids mostly, trying to keep the girls safe and off the streets. The Story: After your struggle with a director, refusing to submit to his advances, and subsequent blacklisting, your story of standing up may boost you back up and "inspire" the youths. Your former rising star power may help secure some funding for them, people remember you and your fall. Finances are strained all over. Reality: Total fluff piece.

Kylantha

You got a call from Mariah Cosen, head of the shelter. Apparently some hopped up has been actress is trying to do "something right" by talking about her career jumping in the toilet at the hands of men, as if that'll help the scared kids. She wants you to be there, the kids trust you, if anything happens, you can handle it. Reporters just have no sense of decency, haven't those kids been through enough?

Pyriel

Word came down, those guinea bastards are trying to muscle in on our turf. There's something at the homeless shelter, anything with that much attention they have to have a hand in. Keep an eye out. Their Capo Regime is Callo Marzone. He maybe behind this. Further the shelter, his business associates make donations, makes other businesses more approachable, which increases their reach in the city. Your peoples city.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan and his crew gear up: pistols and silencers, nothing big. Just in case there's violence, but it's not an assault squad. The point is to let the wops see us in force, not to go bust heads. But, you know... if heads really need to be busted, we can still do what needs doing.

We head down to the event really early. Hang out in the Range Rover out front for a little while, just watching who goes in. When it's closer to when it should start, we'll go inside and stand near the back and near the doors, so we can make a quick escape if we need to.
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

Ugh. This is going to be such a waste. Mariah asked nice though, and it's not like I have anything else to do.

"Yeah. Okay. I'll be there."
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

Fluff it may be meant as, but I remember how to sell it. I'll do it, of course. Domestic abuse violates the very essence of my former divine domain, offends me personally.
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Showtime.

Some people gather behind the cameraman as Marla gets set to interview. She wants a few of the people who frequent the shelter front and center for the pity factor, but thinks better of it after a warning look from Kylantha's host.

"We're live in 3, 2, 1..."

A few soft pitch questions, which the former star answers smoothly, lead to more in depth discussion of what the shelter, and others like it, mean to you, after all you've been through, and then, the star shines (8 successes anyone?) bringing even the jaded cameraman almost to tears.

[Check PMs]

Marla, stunned by the eloquence, fervor, and emotions brought forth stumbles for a minute before quickly closing the story with "and now to, um, Tina Somethingorother with the rubberneck report, er, traffic."
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

I need to speak with her.

Rather surprised, Diana catches herself nearly enraptured and looks around at the other kids. She starts clapping. "Miss, uh, T?" Sh--, what was her name? It began with a T, didn't it? "That was... wow. That was [rockin']. Really!"

[Diana is a little rough around the edges. I'll be indicating toned down slang with brackets.]
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan is very interested, all of a sudden. He takes no overt actions, but he is now paying very close attention to this has-been actress, and especially anyone who tries to interact with her, or anyone who seems to be paying attention to her.

He turns to his the man next to him, a fairly stupid Ukrainian named Oleksiy, and nudges him in the arm. "She is famous, I think, for refusing to bed a man. Girl who look that good, is like being famous for pouring expensive wine in gutter." He says all this in English, hoping to be overheard. "If she don't want fuck, she should get fat and ugly. Then, not a problem for her."
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

Turn my best smile upon Diana, "Yes? You have a question?"

Pointedly ignoring the uncouth ....Russian? Serb? Something Eastern European, anyways.
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

Diana covers the ears of a kid in front of her whom is a few years her junior. Looking over her shoulder at the man, she says rather angrily, "There are kids here mister. They don't need to hear that kind of language comin' from someone tryin' ta dress all respectable."

She turns back to the actress with a more pleasant tone, "Uh, not really. Ma'am. Well, maybe. Could we talk more private after? I don't want ta put ya on the spot."
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

"Certainly. As soon as the event is finished, if you're willing to wait, we can in private."

PM to GM
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

While the above is going on, the camera crew and reporter pack up and make ready to leave.

The few kids who frequent the shelter seem to have mixed emotions. Half adoration, the other half disgust. Very little in between. The few gawkers seem to be trying to get to the actress, seeking autographs and with questions about the shelter. Mostly about how to help the cause.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

As the crowd thins out, Ivan watches the two women talking. The camera crew leaves. And soon, except for the children of the home, there is little crowd left. In Russian, he mutters "Come on." to his men, and starts approaching.

He walks up behind one of the children, who is in turn staring at the pretty movie star. The girl's head comes up only to his belly. He startles her by suddenly putting a hand on each shoulder, gripping tight enough that she doesn't flinch out of his grasp. Keeping a firm grip on her shoulders, he looks over the top of her head towds the two grown-ups. His smile shows no trace of kindness, "Ivan is betting children grow to love taste of spaghetti, no? But Ivan know, too much spaghetti bad for them. Spaghetti cause lead poison. Very bad for pretty little blonde street children." He sort of wiggles the girl for emphasis, on the last few words. Then, he looks down at her as he says, "You don't want die from lead poison, do you little girl?"
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

Diana does not look happy. "Hey! No touching the kids!" She steps over towards Ivan. "I ain't sure what you're babblin' about but you'd best leave 'fore we call the cops."

She tries to push the man away from the child.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan chuckles. "Da. Cops don't like spaghetti. They good people to call." He takes a step back from the girl, then reaches into his breast pocket to pull out a wallet. He takes out $1000, in crisp hundreds, crouches down and holds it out to the girl. "I feel good feeling about children, now. No more nasty habits, yes?"

The girl stays standing behind Diana, and Ivan's money goes untouched. Shrugging, he stands again, turning to Jaina. "I hear other rumor about you, lady. My boss, he say there is rumor you was dead. Now you walking around again. Is good trick. Is maybe better trick, if nobody know you can do it, eh?"
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

*eye roll*

"Sure would be a nice trick. And if I could manage it, I'd make a fortune doing the ultimate in realistic stunts in Hollywood, wouldn't I?"
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Two of Ivan's associates begin pointing, one towards the exit, one to the side, and begin arguing in Russian.

[Check your PMs]
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Kylantha
Stonedownor

Post by Kylantha »

Not wanting to interrupt the actress as the kids finish vying for her attention, Diana shoos the girl she pulled away upstairs. "It's gettin' late. Go get ready for bed."

Her attention is drawn to the arguing thugs, but she tries to keep a wary eye on the man. For now she's trying to make sure they don't cause any more trouble.
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

[Check PM, to answer the questions that will determine what I actually post.]
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"I think trick better than save money on movie stunts."

Hearing his men speaking in Russian, he replies in the same language, dismissively. He starts to walk towards the exit, but then pauses. To Jaina, "My boss, he might want to hire you. Birthday party for little children, how you say? For neices and nephews. How he can call you?"
Melliphalia
Servant of the Land

Post by Melliphalia »

"My agent here" *gesture to him* "handles all my engagements. Talk to him, and we'll see if we can work something out."

Return to “Demon: The Fallen”