Apropos of nothing... (OOC discussion thread about the game)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Three submissions in. Only 47.5hrs left, give or take. People better hurry.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Four submissions in, three left.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Five in; two left.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Okay, all submissions are in. (Actually was yesterday that I got the last one, but I was busy.) I've started processing, so that's good. Once again, there's some interesting stuff going on. Should be a fun turn. No cryptic hints at the moment, other than "good stuff".

However, I have also just purchased the EncyclopediaInfernalis.net domain. I'm growing frustrated with the limitations of a forum for doing what is more properly a wiki. So, I'm just going to put all of Nybbas' stuff up there instead. Of course, this once again means time spent moving all the data. It's always a work in progress, right?

That also releases me from the kid-friendliness of the Watch. I'd always envisioned that all the Souls in Inferno were naked; that's just another way of making them feel weak and powerless. (Remember, rape is about power, not sex.) I have quite a lot of potential images for the horrors of Hell that I just couldn't use on the Watch. Don't worry, nothing sexual. Just ugliness that includes nudity. There's a difference. Trust me.

The hosting site I'm using for this seems to allow me to also install a forum (using basically the same code as the Watch, coincidentally) and a wiki and email addresses, etc. I just wanted the website builder, but whatever. It was cheap. But that does bring up the question... if all the IC content is over there, would it be better to do all the game-based posts over there as well, or keep that part here on the Watch?

I'm no admin, so before that's really an option, I'll need to learn how to mess with all that stuff. But I'm interested in your opinions on the matter, before I try to teach myself.

And, of course, my first priority is to process turn 14, don't worry Fist.

There's also a database available to me, which means I can start experimenting with version 4.0 of my processing tools.

And yes, I'm actually quite excited about the whole thing. My inner geek is like a kid waiting for mommy and daddy to wake up on XMas morning, so she can go into the living room and see all the presents.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Looking forward to the whole damned thing!

And I'd say no particular reason to keep anything here if it'll all work there.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Abdul Alhazred
Stonedownor

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Really love the website idea, wiki of all the things will be much easier to sort through. No objections to playing there too
Iztet
Servant of the Land

Post by Iztet »

I have no problems on playing it anywhere you want.

And of course, since you've given me permission to lift your encyclopedia idea for Prophets, I might have to follow you into the wiki world, heheheheeh.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Meh. I'd prefer to keep it here myself, but if it's easier and the majority are fine with it, I'll go along.

I find I tend to gradually reduce my participation on off-site things, for no other reason that it means another site to visit. But things are interesting, so I'll do my best.

Might also be interesting to see how it changes the game...that would literally be a whole new world to build...here we just have a stage, so to speak.

Your call.

(BTW, we can easily get around the restrictions by making this a private hidden forum. Just so you know.)

--A
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The forum structure is still a huge limitation for Nybbas' stuff. So I'll still shift that part off-site. All the really kid unfriendly stuff would be over there, so no need for hiddenness.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Cryptic Hint:

At least one Prince of Hell dies this turn. (Maybe more, depending on how these battles turn out.)
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

More of the Encyclopedia sounds good :) As for the place, the Watch is perhaps the only place on the Internet I regularly visit, but I think I'll be able to adjust if that's decided to be better.

As for the Cryptic Hint - well done, if you meant to get on the nerves of all the Princes (perhaps except for the NPCs :)). Which I guess you did, so just well done.
A role-player, beware
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

It's been almost two hours since the CH. Have you figured out yet if I killed the second one?
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Cryptic Hint:

At least one Prince of Hell dies this turn. (Maybe more, depending on how these battles turn out.)
Oh, man. I'm hoping that's not me (and you're a bastard if you're teasing me). I figured the results would either be awesome or disastrous, but I wasn't thinking death. I do like to push the envelope, though.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Second cryptic hint:

All the processing that I just did for the past couple hours was rendered meaningless when I got to the final battle, and realized just how all-encompassing it will be.

It's like WW2 up in here. Everybody gets dragged into the fighting.
Bela Gin
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bela Gin »

But I will emerge victorious! None can stand against the Prophet of Li!!!
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Azver wrote:But I will emerge victorious! None can stand against the Prophet of Li!!!
Anyone in need of a reality check?
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
Abdul Alhazred
Stonedownor

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Damn I thought for sure I was going to be Switzerland...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

What I wouldn't give for a countdown clock!!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Two and a half days since that second CH! My twitching is getting a out of control.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Okay folks. Results are done, except I'm waiting for an email from one player for one quibble of a detail. Which only impacts two players' results.

But, I'm torturing Fist by not sending anybody's results until I get that email, and I can send everybody's results at once.

Return to “Inferno”