Apropos of nothing... (OOC discussion thread about the game)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Which'll probably be Monday, because it's probably Avatar, who won't be back online until then.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, for Turn 14, the big winner was: [Syl Embattled].

He was the one who held up results, so I could figure out how his stuff gets distributed.

I was distributing his stuff, because Ghaenum is the Prince who died.

And, amusingly, his results were by far the largest this turn. 102k, vs. 67.9 for the next largest. So he can read in great detail about the epic death of his character.

And when he's done with that, I hope he won't blame me when he starts processing Acro results. Heh.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, I'll admit I'm lost! Lol! But it looks like Iztet kicked some serious ass! Well done! :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Damn it all to Hell! Literally. LOL. Well, it's not like I wasn't expecting it, but... You bastards better make good use of what I left behind is all I'll say... or choke on it. :mrgreen:

Funny how I learned something very interesting one turn too late to use it. Could it be enough to start a new character... eh, I'll have to think on it.

Guess this will give me more time to get Acropolis results out, though.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Iztet
Servant of the Land

Post by Iztet »

Sorry, Syl.
Abdul Alhazred
Stonedownor

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Well played! Getting killed by God himself is quite the compliment! :D
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Judging from my results, I doubt you'll be very sorry for long. :mrgreen:

Heh. It's all good. I was kind of playing my own game there, and I gotta say, it ended how it should have. Might have played it a bit differently if I knew now, but...
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I sure hope to someday learn what the heck you did to bring that shit down on you! :lol:

Also, it really doesn't matter who's playing, or who is which character. I just wonder for the sake of curiosity. I was literally lol when I realized you had lied to me when I asked who you were! :lol: I'll still ask next time we're in a game together, of course. :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I have no idea who anybody is in this game. :D

Except maybe Fist. :D

--A
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Just a clue... I'm playing Nybbas.

And Wonko.

And, you know... the Creator.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, I don't count NPC's. :D

--A
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Anyway, it hasn't been said enough yet that that was one freakin' insane turn! Awesome stuff, folks! And thanks, as always, Goat.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Okay, here's a couple things:

The submission deadline is tomorrow. Since I'm flying to Boston this weekend, I'm thinking I'll get to spend a fair bit of time processing very soon. However, I have only received two submissions so far, which is not heartening.

My new hosted phpBB site is up now. I'm going to be migrating content over there from here, depending on how many cycles I spend on actual processing the turns. I need to be online for that part, so it might happen during the week instead of over the weekend. I'm just talking about the regular posts.

You should all have received emails telling you that your account was created successfully over there. That was me. I used the same email addresses I send your results to. The pwd is "inferno", with the first letter capitalized. Please go ahead and change that once you log yourselves in. I never logged into these accounts, I just needed them to exist so I could give them permissions to access the site.

Since I have full control of this site, and since I can have more than a single level of nested sub-forums, I've given each player a named forum under Inferno > Characters. These are private; only I and the individual player can see what's there. Going forward, I'm going to try to have all turn submissions and results live in there, as well as any questions / answers that each player might have. I cut and pasted everyone's old turn submissions and results in there, but I didn't bother to polish the formatting, so it might look pretty ugly. Take a look around and tell me what you think. I hope it all makes sense.

That only leaves the actual content for the Encyclopedia to be populated. Which might take me a little while (and will always be a work in progress anyway).

But mostly, get your damned turn submissions sent in. By Friday morning at the latest, or it'll bork up my processing. And when it comes to making my pain be your pain, I'm a master. Do not tempt fate, my squishy little demon princes; you will not like it.

Return to “Inferno”