Apropos of nothing... (OOC discussion thread about the game)

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I've done what I could. :rant:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Make that four.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

All seven players have submitted their turns now. Results will be out on or before whenever I said they'd be out. September 16th or whatever.

FYI... I did some stuff to my home network this weekend. The side effect is that the server that houses all the pictures for Vampire and Inferno is being flaky.

So, if the pictures don't load... come back in a day or so.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Excellent news! :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So... now that I've submitted turns for Acropolis, Heart of God, and Prophets, I am free to resume working on Inferno. And a really elegant way of providing cryptic hints just came to me.

Nybbas will provide updates before the actual results go out. So, mixed in there might be stuff that happens as part of the results I'm still processing.

Or might not.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Uh... I'd like to lodge a formal complaint.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

As a lurker, I wish to point out for those playing Acropolis, Prophets, and Inferno that the deadline for all three is now October 1st. If murrin processes the submissions for Heart of G-d quickly, could all four games have the same deadline?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

One can only hope. It's harder for me to get my head around what I'm doing as a player in those other games, when I'm trying to get my head around what everyone else is doing in Inferno.

So... I got a text at 6am today, from Fist. He was slightly put out that I'd updated the Turn thread, but hadn't sent him his results yet. I guess he was assuming I'd sent the rest out, and just sat on his for a while to torture him.

But, in fact, I was waiting on a clarification from one player, and I'd sent nobody's turn results out. Fist is just a dick. But, I'm sending them out now. Once again, I feel like I'm missing something. Or a lot of somethings. But I've looked everything over and I can't spot anything I missed. So, when you guys invariably spot something, please let me know.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So... there's probably... two players who I would guess think they're on the verge of "winning", insofar as there is a win condition in this game.

It will be fun when they start to bump into each other.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

HAVE AT THEE!!!!

Any chance we can have a Best Turn in a GT Game category for the 2012 Watchy Awards? Because this would be it. Amazing! Don't know how you put out something like this in a couple weeks.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Abdul Alhazred
Stonedownor

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Phenomenal work Goat! This game just keeps getting more and more interesting every turn. Kudos to all the player's imaginations too.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

They say length isn't everything, but damn. How do you find time to write anybody else's results (and for that matter, why do you bother? :mrgreen:)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Just keep the cool ideas coming... it's fun integrating everybody's stuff into one narrative.

Though, if anybody wants to submit their next turns before the deadline... I'm always happy with extra time to do stuff.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So... just an FYI... I continue to be not artistic enough (nor skilled enough with any CAD packages) to do an effective 3-D map of the thousands of islands of rock floating in Hell. I realize this is kind of a limitation for some who might want to make decisions based on stuff like knowing where things were.

The best image I've found so far to describe things in general is:

It's basically a big cylinder with Andra's two faces at the top, the Weed (formerly the Flower) at the bottom, the Necronomicon exactly in the center, and everything else just kind of thrown in there. I put the big holdings below the Necronomicon (Palace in the Sky, Fortress of the Elements, etc.) and the little ones above. And, of course, the Labyrinth and Unpunished up top, to catch the incoming Souls. Now there's a bunch of rivers flowing all over the place, and "energetic portals" connecting here and there...

<sigh>
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yep. There it is. And it's all Andramalech's fault.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

All, huh? Sounds like someone's deflecting.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Hey I had nothing to do with it. I kinda like it, but I sure didn't do it! :lol:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Well, I'm done with my submissions for all the other games. So now I'm just waiting for everybody to submit Inferno turns, so I can start processing.

Only two in, so far. Let's get cracking, people. Only three more days left.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

This tickled me, this morning.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

LOL
-George Steiner

Return to “Inferno”