TC music?...Soundtrack

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Welcome
Servant of the Land

A Soundtrack for the Chronicles

Post by Welcome »

Basil Poledouris would be an inspired choice for a classical-themed composer for a soundtrack to a Chronicles movie adaptation. The director's choice to score "Conan the Barbarian" with Poledouris' soundtrack instead of the originally-intended rock and roll music elevated it from B movie to major cinematic event.

My tribute web site has a listing of songs for each significant scene in the First and Second Chronicles and I'm happy to entertain any new suggestions you may have.

theland.antgear.com/songs.html
Stone and Sea are deep in life
Two unalterable symbols of the world
Permanence at rest and Permanence in motion
Participants in the Power that remains

https://theland.antgear.com
rusmeister
The Gap Into Spam

Re: A Soundtrack for the Chronicles

Post by rusmeister »

Welcome wrote:Basil Poledouris would be an inspired choice for a classical-themed composer for a soundtrack to a Chronicles movie adaptation. The director's choice to score "Conan the Barbarian" with Poledouris' soundtrack instead of the originally-intended rock and roll music elevated it from B movie to major cinematic event.

My tribute web site has a listing of songs for each significant scene in the First and Second Chronicles and I'm happy to entertain any new suggestions you may have.

theland.antgear.com/songs.html
I'll second that motion! :)
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one." Bill Hingest ("That Hideous Strength" by C.S. Lewis)

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K. Chesterton
Mind/Union
Stonedownor

Post by Mind/Union »

Can't imagine a better way to end an Illearth War movie than with this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sqOvyFPfCw
rusmeister
The Gap Into Spam

Post by rusmeister »

Mind/Union wrote:Can't imagine a better way to end an Illearth War movie than with this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sqOvyFPfCw
I can (having listened to the suggested piece). The problem devolves down to personal taste. This is where symphonic scores have an enormous advantage over any type of modern (insert your genre). They can, generally, be acceptable to a much larger number of people than your typical rock/pop/"alternative", or whatever 'songs'. 500 people could post their ideas here and they would all be different, and none of them would agree - but the symphonic score would be accepted by at least 2/3 of them, if it was not completely incompetent. So one person's given taste would be acceptable/seem appropriate to 1% of the movie-going population, but it would never sell the movie to the other 99%.
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one." Bill Hingest ("That Hideous Strength" by C.S. Lewis)

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own." G.K. Chesterton
Vanja the Gravelingas
Servant of the Land

Post by Vanja the Gravelingas »

I have no idea about the movie theme,but if someone made a TC tribute,these songs would be great
(Thomas Covenant tribute) Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGrM1sh-8pE or Hopeless www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHDdR9lWfUI&feature=related
(Covenant/Foul tribute) Crawl by BB www.youtube.com/watch?v=eptgtJU9ja0&feature=related

I don't know why,but TC seems to fit quite well in BB's songs (at least the ones from this album) :)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

This song will easily find it's proper place Selling the Drama-by Live
fall far and well Pilots!
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Sunbaneglasses wrote:At the end of a TPTP film I would like to see all the characters doing an extravagantly choreographed rendition of Age of Aquarius thru the passages and courtyards of Revelstone.
................. AWESOME!!! .................... LOL!!!!!:LOLS: would that involve Treat Williams being Mhoram? hehe

"Black" by Pearljam, good song for TCs bitter memories while standing outside the Bell Telephone Office. though i know the movie would be better with an Orchestra, I think that song would do well played at a low level throughout the thoughts of his past before the kid pulls on his sleeve to get his attention. but then again i also thought that the Trooper by Iron Maiden would be great Battle music while showing the charge that Quan, Verement and Callendrill were fighting while waiting to run to Dooms retreat. if you remove some of the lyrics it fits...and if you remove all the lyrics you still have great battle music :D
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Would this be Linden's theme tune, Covenant Woman (cover of a Bob Dylan song by Hannah Cohen).

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Thaum
Servant of the Land

Post by Thaum »

Did anyone mention "Red Skies" by The Fixx, to be used where it best fits in the first book, where the sky is red?
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Looks like you're the first one to mention it on this thread!

I'm going to throw in an obscure song by NEEDTOBREATHE:
"A Place Only You Can Go"
Pain is alive in a broken heart
The past never does go away
We were born to love
And we're born to pay
The price for our mistakes

Grace, she comes with a heavy load
Memories, they can't be erased
Like a pill I swallow, he makes me well
But leaves an awful taste...

And welcome to the Watch, thaum!