Gap Trivia for dummies 2

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Which character in the Gap most deserves your respect?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 15, 2002 2:11 pm

Morn?
25%
Angus?
No votes
Nick?
No votes
Davies?
No votes
Vector?
No votes
Vector?
No votes
Mikka?
50%
Milos Taverna???
No votes
Min Donner?
25%

Total votes: 4

DirectorDios
<i>Elohim</i>

Trivia

Post by DirectorDios »

Well I'll give you credit....you certainly got the answer quicker than I would have imagined, however I must say that you are only about 95% right...it's not that Hashi has "trained himself" to control his IR emissions, it more the fact that he makes no distinction between telling the truth and telling a lie...to him, everything is merely a fact, to be considered or discarded, used or ignored, but Hashi made no distinction within himself between what most would consider the truth or a lie, hence his IR emissions never changed and therefore Warden's special ability was usually useless, with the one exception in This Day All Gods Die when Warden brow-beats about his contract with Free Lunch.

KUDOS! - Give yourself a cookie!
It’s a moral imperative.
Loredoctor
Lord

Re: Trivia

Post by Loredoctor »

DirectorDios wrote:Well I'll give you credit....you certainly got the answer quicker than I would have imagined, however I must say that you are only about 95% right...it's not that Hashi has "trained himself" to control his IR emissions, it more the fact that he makes no distinction between telling the truth and telling a lie...to him, everything is merely a fact, to be considered or discarded, used or ignored, but Hashi made no distinction within himself between what most would consider the truth or a lie, hence his IR emissions never changed and therefore Warden's special ability was usually useless, with the one exception in This Day All Gods Die when Warden brow-beats about his contract with Free Lunch.

KUDOS! - Give yourself a cookie!
*Bows* Many thanks! And thanks for the elucidating reply!

Edit: Though I recall that Hashi used IR tech to gauge his lies, and the truth. I will have to read the books again to see if I am right.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Re: Trivia Question

Post by The Somberlain »

DirectorDios wrote:
Re: One was like excruciating pain, but the other one converted the pain to pleasure

Well, you're on the right track....the first button caused her to rest and relax. The second button caused severe pain.

Anyone else care to post a new question?----Come on, I dare ya! ;)
I think you're wrong. As I recall, she pressed the pain button first and, in her agony, missed the cancel switch, hitting the rest button instead (though she had previously used "rest" on its own).
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Indeed.
DirectorDios
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by DirectorDios »

As a matter of point, my trivia question was not meant to clairfy the manner or order in which she hit the zone implant buttons, rather just their indivdiual functions. However since this issue has been expanded upon, I think you will find from a reading of the text that she discovered the "Rest/Relax" button first and had to shake herself out of the near comatose state it was putting her in. Next she found the "Pain" buttom which was so extruciating that in her attempt to shut if off, she hit the same button (the rest/relax button) that she had just discovered previously, and the combination of the two...yada yada yada, you know the rest. I think that's pretty much what you said in your post, I just like to make things more difficult and long-winded than they need to be...hence my love of Donaldson :lol:
I must go now and figure out why it is I retain this kind of information and then beat it out of myself
It’s a moral imperative.
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

It's your turn to ask a question then, Ur-vile!
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

DirectorDios wrote:As a matter of point, my trivia question was not meant to clairfy the manner or order in which she hit the zone implant buttons, rather just their indivdiual functions. However since this issue has been expanded upon, I think you will find from a reading of the text that she discovered the "Rest/Relax" button first and had to shake herself out of the near comatose state it was putting her in. Next she found the "Pain" buttom which was so extruciating that in her attempt to shut if off, she hit the same button (the rest/relax button) that she had just discovered previously, and the combination of the two...yada yada yada, you know the rest. I think that's pretty much what you said in your post, I just like to make things more difficult and long-winded than they need to be...hence my love of Donaldson :lol:
I must go now and figure out why it is I retain this kind of information and then beat it out of myself
Oh, I see now. I thought you were correcting the order he put them in (pain, then pleasure) rather than the fact that the button's function was relaxation instead of pleasure.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Nathan wrote:It's your turn to ask a question then, Ur-vile!
Thanks. Sorry for the delay.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

My question:
Name all the characters who died in a black hole.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Hmm.
Ciro Vasazk (or however that last name is spelt)
Darrin Scroyle

(now I have to look it up in the book)

Alesha Hardaway
Pane Suesa

And various unnamed crew of Free Lunch/Calm Horizons
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

You forgot the crew of Calm Horizons. :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

No I didn't!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

No, you didn't. Whoops. :oops:
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

8)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The Somberlain wrote:Hmm.
Ciro Vasazk (or however that last name is spelt)
Darrin Scroyle

(now I have to look it up in the book)

Alesha Hardaway
Pane Suesa

And various unnamed crew of Free Lunch/Calm Horizons
Well done.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Okay.

What method did Deaner Beckmann use to confirm the identity of the crew of Trumpet?
Isis
Servant of the Land

Post by Isis »

One of the scientists working at the Lab was a woman who'd been assaulted by Orn Vorbuld. She questioned Vector in such a way to see if he knew who she was speaking of and asked how he would expect her to feel at knowing Orn was dead.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Yup.
DirectorDios
<i>Elohim</i>

New Trivia

Post by DirectorDios »

What are Min Donner's first two Orders as acting Director of the UMCP and to whom does she give them?
It’s a moral imperative.
Isis
Servant of the Land

Post by Isis »

Got me on that one I'm afraid. It sounds like it's from TDAGD and that's the one I don't have handy.

Return to “The Gap Series”