Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Getting into the spirit of the subterfuge being discussed...

Katrina removes the mask showing her real form.

Spreading her wings fully, arms out wide, hands hooked accenting the claws.

She's trying to look fearsome but the smile ruins it.

"I'm a Monster. RAWR!"

[OOC: I couldn't help it...]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I groan and roll my eyes, preparing myself for another one of Kali and Led's neverending fights, and I try to head it off before it gets started. "Kali, maybe he meant that you're good enough at persuasion and disguise that you can look like a monster, even though you're clearly not one. But Led being Led wouldn't ever let a compliment to you pass his lips, but I'm sure that's what he meant, right Led?" I glare at Led, and gesture with my flail as if to say I strongly suggest that you agree with me or you're going to get a flail up your arse.

At Trina's display, I smile at her, and wonder for the thousandth time if we really shouldn't be more afraid of the impish little bloodthirsty creature that could very well slaughter us all in our sleep. Good thing I'm up in the air with Sigrid.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led glares back and Annalysei. "In fact, what I was suggesting is that orcs and ogres are stupid enough not to realize that you could be a dark elf without being a monster as well. I may also have been implying that you were crafty enough to use that to your advantage."

"Unless these orcs and ogres have never even heard of your kin's collective goals, in which case they'll just see you as an elf. Then, you might want to repeat your disguise as a demon. There's a fifty / fifty chance that a half-fiend will be partial to demons. Or devils. So... you know... pick one, and hope."

"But either way, my original statement was that we were close enough to monsters that we could pretend to be them. 'Pretend', meaning that I was calling you 'not a monster'. I guess your facility with languages doesn't include understanding the nuances of common? And so, I'm sorry that you misunderstood me. And, I'm sorry that I had to spend all this time and effort to clarify myself."

"And with 'Trina's disguise, I guess we already have our demon... or devil... and our quary can simply ignore you. If you prefer, you and Skyseeker can be our captured elvish prisoners, perhaps? Or our bound slaves? Perhaps we've broken your wills, so now you are both obedient and silent. Which is why we allow you to carry weapons."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

I put the mask back on and resume my "normal" appearance.

"Leddycat can we go Deal With them now?"
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I use Disguise Self from my hat. My wings look like demon wings. Not like enigma wings. My hands have claws. I have small horns on my head. My teeth are pointy and sharp. My eyes glow red, not blue.

My clothes Glamour to look really really skimpy. I'm nearly naked.

I most certainly do not blush. My skin is perfectly pale.

"Many of us can look fiendish."

Last edited by Sigrid on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker says, "I would say, masquerade as prisoners. I can act quite the regal lady....with a half-breed servant/bodyguard captured with me....if you are willing?" with an inquisitive glance at Annalysei.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Katrina stops for a second.

Pointing to her "regular" face.

"This makes me look like not me."

Take off the mask resuming her "real" form, wings and all.

"If I take it off, I look like me."

Looking at the mask and sounding slightly puzzled.

"Can it make me look like a me instead of like a not me?"

Thinking, cocking her head left to right a few times every few seconds, shrugs, puts the mask back on, closes her eyes and concentrates.

"Did it work?"

[OOC: Aiming to look like the real Katrina. No mask visible.]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Acid Splash at Skyseeker. [Only 1d3 acid damage]

"Don't call her a half-breed. Ever."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--yes, it does.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

a hiss at the burn..."Calmly, calmly! That would be the charade I'd play...i have no shortage of kin who ARE like that...I have, as I'm certain all know, naught save the utmost respect for all of you. "
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Oh see? Being 'Trina shaped is just fine for following Darethon the hunter. I told you so."

"Yes, let's go find the Bad People now."

Led switches to Frost Giant, "Grul. Where are Myrdag, Lightless, and Savage Drake? Can you take us there now?"

"And I want you to take a close look at your cleric. See how he was melted? That's what the scary demon lady will do to you if you betray us. She even melts her friends a little bit... don't think she wouldn't turn you into a puddle if you anger her."
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I look a little embarassed. "Sorry. I'm sorry. I get protective, sometimes."

I cast Cure Minor Wounds with the Spectral Hand. I cast Mending with the Spectral Hand to fix any objects that got melted.

Then I get a wicked smile. I say to Annalysei, "You're my prisoner. Beg me for mercy, and I might spare you unspeakable horrors."

I use Prestidigitation to make my clawed hands light on fire.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali sighs. "If we really want to go the party of mercenary monsters route, I could touch up Sky and Anna to have a few small but fiendish traits, and come up with something for myself. No prisoners are needed."

She reasons, "Any sign of taint from the lower planes would make most unwelcome, or at the very least distrusted, in mortal communities. That's generally enough to make life unpleasant for the plane-touched, thus having a profound effect upon their demeanor. The markings wouldn't have to be significant beyond being somewhat visible. Or they could be highly visible and worn with a twisted sense of pride. Half-breeds take comfort in the oddest things."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

SKyseeker "I was thinking we use the prisoner ruse to obfuscate our way past any ogres or orcs we encounter en route. Mercenary plane-touched sound viable also. On the one hand, demon-blooded folk are generally people to avoid irritating....on the other, hand, someone who knows the more noteworthy members of their forces may well point out that THEY know all the demon-kin working for them, and they DON'T know us."
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"I'm not suggesting we pretend to be a part of their forces. I'm suggesting we go there seeking employment. If something doesn't let us pass, then their demise aids our 'cause'. Their forces are reduced, thus they need more competent hands, and we're obviously stronger than what they lost."

"These ogres," she points at the corpses, "thought to 'test' us and lost, for example. Grul being the only one keen enough to recognize our victory before it happened."
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I grin at Sigrid, "My delicate flower has thorns, I see. Nice. Also, definitely keep that outfit in mind for later. I like it. You'll have to get rid of the nails, but everything else can stay." I pause, thinking, "Oooh, slave, eh? Shall I call you Mistress? We'll have to discuss the balance of power later, but I'm all for a nice game of pretend." I top it off with a leer.

I address Led before I turn to Skyseeker, "Led, next time I won't try to help. Instead, I'll just let you two sit around bickering when we could be doing something useful." to Skyseeker, "Sorry, looks like I'm spoken for." and I point over at the scantily-clad-in-glamour Sigrid.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Grul nods, and indicates he can led you past all the patrols. He starts off northwesterly.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

'GRUL. Wait. We have not decided our course yet."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker giggles a bit at Grul's earnest impetuousity.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"That must be the way to their camp. The decision is made for us. All that is left is to choose to go there now, or to stand around bickering. Anna and I both choose not to bicker, so let's follow Grul."
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”