Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Post by Seven Words »

As the buzz of mighty magics fills the air, the world flashes white.....bright golden vaguely humaniform shapes encircle the entire population of the Exodus...one by one, they are consumed. Then, daylight returns....and with it, heat. Punishing heat. Far, far to the south have you come, and far also to the East. Rolling plains stretch before you. A distant, mighty mountain can be seen to the east and north. A few scattered bits of road paving slabs are barely visible, revealing this place as intersecting a north/south and west running pair of roads....a great depression lies to the west. He Who Knows says, "There, once stood I Chai'nala-ya, The Place of Tusk-Breaking...closest holding of our people against the orcs of BloodPeak" and he gestures towards that distant mountain, a mere bump upon the horizon.

Skyseeker nods, "South we go, along this remnant of the ancient roads. Soon, the towers of home shall be visible."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led looks around, then to the North. "Home is that way, if you want to be specific."

He trots around in the heat, nearly twice the temperature of the lands to the north. "I must say, that armorsmith knows his stuff. I don't feel overheated at all."

"Little 'Trina, shall we go hunting while the slow elves walk to the south? We can catch up with them later, I'm sure."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"Let's go Deal With Bad People!"

Climb into the saddle, cuddle down into Led's fur.

You feel tugging at your mane, Katrina is braiding it, then undoing them, then rebraiding it.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I don't know if we'll find any Bad people out here. The old elf did say that the Heshics were free from evil. But somewhere out here," he gestures towards the wide plains to the north "is my Good Man. The one who taught me. But he could be anywhere out there."

"But for right now, let's just go see what we can find."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Throwing her head back and laughing with unbridled glee.

"Onward Leddycat! To your Good Man!"
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Sorchat, stay with Kalindriel, so I can find my way back to you if we wander off." Annalysei and I fly south on our carpet. We stay 200' above the road.

The view is very nice.

The breeze up here is nice and cool.

I cast Create Food and Water for us.

And it's private.
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I'm sitting on Kali's shoulder. I watch Led and Katrina ride away north. Sigrid and Annalysei fly away south.

I say to Kali, "I love all my adopted children. But not all of them make me proud."

I say louder, so Skyseeker and Laurel can hear me. "Ladies, let's go visit Skyseeker's home. Elves know how to pamper a girl."

I say something else in Ignan.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Anna leans back against the cushions, and pulls Sigrid close. She sighs in contentment as they fly south. In fact, the last time she remembers being this relaxed was before her mother was killed, back before her father lost his soul. Her hair is unbound for a change and it streams back in the brisk wind. She knows that it will be time to fight again soon, but for now she had a flying carpet, and more importantly, she had Sigrid, so she was happy.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

With 'Trina in the saddle, Led sprints to the north, enjoying the different smells south of the plains as much as the wind of his gallop.

By late morning, he travels west a ways, then turns south in the afternoon, expecting to catch up with the caravan sometime a little while after dark.

Once it's dark, he tries to sneak past the guards he expects to be around the camped caravan. Just to stay in practice.
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Kali looks at Sorchat after talking to her in Ignan. For a moment her face is unreactive, then she nearly stumbles from laughing so hard.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"Led, do I have to show your Good Man what I really look like? The Good Man said most people won't like me after I grew up. He said that as I grew up there would be changes in my body and outside my body that I wouldn't understand but that they should be kept hushy to most people because they wouldn't understand. He was right about the changes..."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Led manages to elude the outer and middle watchers, but the innermost group notices him. An officer strides off angrily, muttering about "He's a WEMIC, how can you NOT notice someone that BIG wandering around. " Clearly, most of the sentries will be having a less than pleasant night....and next several days to judge by his humor.

Skyseeker manages to make magical contact with the monitor, Yurian, whom she reports to...and is shaken by what she learns. "A path to Ma'ashii is clear, and will be held for the folk from the Star-Lit Rock. But I have been tasked with..."she looks over at 'Trina and smiles...."Dealing With the leadership of a nearby orc war-band. A human demon-worshiping cult once lived here, but where killed by a nearby Heshic clan when a few of their "mentors" got loose and ran wild. The Heshics raised barrows for the dead, in accordance with what they understood of the customs of the dead. The orc leaders have made their lair atop it. Their shamans are believed to be working to make undead of the demon-tainted corpses beneath. I cannot accomplish this alone, will you help me?"
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[That's my new game... stalking that officer.]

"Little 'Trina, orcs taste very bad. They're dirty dirty creatures, so you don't have to finish them off once you've dealt with them. But they're tricksy, so I think it'll be fun to hunt them."

"The last orc I saw almost killed me. And Marrik lost the axe I claimed when I survived. It's time for another one."
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Playing her game with the marble

"You didn't say I had to finish it like hunty Kitties do, and the Bad Man tasted tingly like vengeance. I don't want to eat orcs. They are dirty icky and Bad."

The marble bounces once, then a second time, and rolls off as Katrina froze still.

Voice dropping "They. Hurt. My. Kitty...?" flexing her fingers, limbering them up in anticipation of doing great harm, the game forgotten.

This does not bode well for the orcs.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I wasn't a kitty, then. I was just a person pretending to be a kitty. Now I'm better."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker lays out the situation....there's a decent raiding party going to be working around the edges of the territory held by this tribe. Originally, they were going to try and create enough chaos to slip past...a rather iffy proposition. Now, they will draw of the orcs forces, for the most part, giving you the opportunity to come in from the back and decapitate the tribe.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"Sounds like a nice change of pace. I'll help."
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

"Yuck. Orcs."

I say to Sigrid. "Let's stay on the carpet. We can burn them from the sky. Orcs can't fly."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I look at Anna. "If we stay up here, will you be bored?"

I cast Imbue with Spell Ability on Annalysei, Sorchat, and Kalindriel. "Now you can cast a few holy spells, if you want to walk around."
  • 57hp MAX
    Sacred Healing is not active.[Fast Healing 9]
    Arcane Sight is active.[Detect magic auras]
    Disguise Self is active.[Disguise wings and glowing eyes]
    Imbue with Spell Ability is active on Annalysei.[Cast Cure Light Wounds twice and Cure Moderate Wounds once.]
    Imbue with Spell Ability is active on Kalindriel.[Cast Cure Light Wounds twice and Cure Moderate Wounds once.]
    Imbue with Spell Ability is active on Sorchat.[Cast Cure Light Wounds twice and Cure Moderate Wounds once.]

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2    |Cleric 3    |Cleric 4    |Staff  (50/50)				
     Create Water|*C Light     |*C Mod      | Disp Magic |*Imb Sp Abil| L. Restore  1				
     Create Water|*C Light     |*C Mod      | Disp Magic |*Imb Sp Abil| C Serious   1				
     Create Water|*C Light     |*C Mod      | Disp Magic |*Imb Sp Abil| C Critical  2				
     Create Water|*C Light     | Consecrate | Disp Magic |            | Restoration 2				
     Create Water|*C Light     | Status     |            |            | Rem Bli/Def 2				
     Create Water|*C Light     |            |            |            | Rem Disease 3				
    -------------|-------------|------------|------------|------------|--------------				
    Sorc 0 (6/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (8/8)|Sorc 3 (6/6)|Sorc 4 (4/4)|Wands
     Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray | Fireball   | Orb of Acid| Acid Arr   15
     Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis  | Disp Magic |            | DetSecrD   15
     Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand|            |            | Disp Magic 50
     Detect Magic| Shield      |            |            |------------| FindTrap   50
     Light       | Feather Fall|            |------------|Rods        | Knock      15
     Mage Hand   |             |------------|Turn (13/13)| Empower 2/3| Lgtng Bolt 38
     Prestidigit |             |IncenseMed 4| Sacred Heal| Absorb 6/24| SonBlas    26
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I grin wryly at Sigrid. "Well, I am better suited for the ground, but I have some spells I can fire from the sky. if you see an opportunity to drop me off, then fly to safety, you should take it. I don't want you getting hurt. " I stammer a bit as I realize how that must have sounded, "...but I know you can take care of yourself, it's just that I couldn't bear it if something happened to you."
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”