Moderator: Seven Words

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

initiatives...

Trina 21
Led 19
Kali 16
Lizardy guys 16--one cleric-y, one Anna-type, one sneaky sort with shortbow.
Anna 14
Skyseeker 13
Sigrid 13
Cryak 12
Giants 10

The mists suddenly mostly clear.....but a patch clings to each of the foes (20% miss chance)

Trina is not believed......

there are a total of 4 giants...one of whom has a massive bow and is staying well back.

No surprise, but flat-footed rules apply.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Full attack on the half plate giant.

You. You didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me. I did everything right. I snarled like the lizardthings, said the killy words like they do...

If possible, use him as "cover", put him between the archer and I, unless it would stop me from getting my full attack.

Godbother. I think I'm going to come for you next...

Study Target:The giant in half plate.
Dodge: Giant in Half Plate
[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con]
[Total Attacks Mods: +24, Claws 4d6, 3d6 Sneak Attack, +3 for Str, Bite 1d6, Shadow Striking (First hit is normal, then I'm attuned and bypass targets DR)]
[Total Defense Mods: AC: 37, 38 V archer (Dodge) Heavy Fortification, DR: 10/Magic. SR: 22]
[88/88 HP (12 of which is Temporary)]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Super-enlarged Led, slightly larger than even the giants, does a full charge attack against the cleric-y lizard guy. He hopes that his blindsense and scent will help him overcome the 20% miss chance from the clinging fog.
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I hold action, for now.
  • * If anybody casts a spell at me, I let my Rod of Absorption dispel it as a Free Action.

* If the cleric-y lizard or the Anna-type lizard try to cast any spells, I dispel them with my wand.

* If I don't dispel an spells with my wand, and anybody on my team is hurt bad, I'll end the round by casting Cure Serious Wounds on her.

* If I don't dispel an spells with my wand, and nobody on my team is hurt bad, I'll end the round by casting Scorching Ray at somebody. Which one will depend on a bunch of things. You can ask me which one.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      |*Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
 [C Minor]   | [C Light]   | [C Moderate]| [C Serious] | [C Critical]|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (6/8) |Sorc 4 (2/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   101/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             | Enlarge, Gr |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Put a hurt on the cleric-y one.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I use a free action to tell Annalysei to go help Katrina beat up the ogre with the half-plate.

[Seven, I don't know what spells she has, but she'd probably use one when she hits.]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Trina's claws flash out, then arc upwards, severing the tendons inside the giants knee where no armor covers, his own collapse driving his thigh down along her razor-sharp claws, as she twirls and steps past, keeping her arm up.....rending open the great artery inside the thigh, a veritable geyser of blood spraying past the twirling girl. Her arm disappears as he doubles over, starting to clutch at his leg.....this lurching driving her claws under the bottom edge of his chest piece...On one knee, he arches upright, screaming in high-pitched agony...as her hand withdraws, a torrent of viscera floods from the gaping wound...as the gore pours out his life, he rapidly falls silent, Dealt With.

Screams of abject terror are voiced by all save the cleric, and they move to flee!

Led pounces on the cleric, one massive claws tearing the sodden ground, the other raking savagely across the lizardfolk cleric...(32 points)

But as Led's claw connects, unholy sigils upon the reptile's armor flare in eye-tearing life! Led yowls in agony! (Will save succeed. 70 points damage taken. Spell craft rolls succeeded. Harm was imbued on the armor)

Kalindriel deftly slides Vhashik under the clerics arm and between his ribs....withdrawing at a down angle, cycling hands to smoothly direct the energy from pulling, to whirling, to a rising slash! Almost pirouetting with the rising strike, as the weapon continues the parabola, becoming a brutal strike from overhead! (CRITICAL HIT!!! 31 points....14 points...20 points) The final strike lands upon the upturned face, looking skyward from the rising strike....blade cleaving his head, only the helmet holding it together.

Sigrid heals Led. (heal 22 points)

As the 2 kobolds move to flee, a bizarre symbols flashes a stomach churning purple on their foreheads.....and their heads detonate! So also expire the less-than-brave giants, some vile curse exacting a dire price for cowardice.....
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Bloodlust and ecstasy blossom on her face...and quickly turns to bewilderment. She is very confused.

Seeing the headless corpses, she seeks answers from the most reliable source she knows.

She looks at the Wemic, her eyes searching. Quietly she asks "Leddycat...Did I do that? Or did Darethon give them all Head 'Splodes? Was it because I did Good?"
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led looks around for more enemies, but there are none. He pieces together what must have happened, and nods. "Little 'Trina, I think you did that. Indirectly. You Dealt With that first guy so Good, everybody else except this guy just ran away scared. And their boss, the Big Big Bad Man... I guess he doesn't let his junior Bad Men be cowards. So he splorched them all."

"It looks like he had set up the head splorchy on them already." Led looks around a bit more. "Ooooh. I bet that means he's watching us, now. Or he was watching them."

"If you're watching, Mr. Splorchy, Hi. We're just trying to leave the 'Wood. We're harmless little forest fairies; don't mind us. Heh. Or, you know... throw whatever you got at us. I'm hungry, and those Lizardfolk steaks run out fast."

Led looks back at the many headless giants. "Oh, nevermind. I guess we can have Giant steaks for a little while."
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I cast Cure Critical Wounds from the Staff of Healing on Led. If nothing else attacks us, I cast it again. That should do it.

I use my Arcane Sight to detect anything magical on the bodies. But Led can carry it all. Giants and kobolds are gross and icky, and their magic items are not going on my carpet. Not until they've been washed.

I know I have a magic cleaning aura around the carpet. It doesn't matter. This is swamp stink.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      |*Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  |*Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
 [C Minor]   | [C Light]   | [C Moderate]| [C Serious] | [C Critical]|
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (6/8) |Sorc 4 (2/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led    53/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             | Enlarge, Gr |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

[Oh yeah, I'm supposed to play for Anna.]

Anna will stay with me, and be my dainty little protector. She will guard me while we look at the icky nasty stuff on the dead bodies, and then she will follow me back to the carpet.

She will do some other stuff once we're there. But I won't talk about it here. You pervs can just imagine.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kalindriel talks to her blade, "See? You still carve priests up just fine."

"Can we get back to leaving this place now? As I was trying to explain before we were interrupted, I think these stones will enable us to teleport within the forest safely, if we can figure them out. It should at least get us close to the edge of this place if so."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I make a Knowledge (Arcane) or Spellcraft roll to figure out how to use the stones. I have Arcane Sight active.

I cast Identify, if necessary.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The muck underfoot seems to have taken their belongings....almost sentient in its selectivity.....

PM for stone checking.....
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"These stones are part of the aether web. Laurel managed to sing that one closed. I don't know if we can whistle this one open.

[I cast Identify on it. Shouldn't I know what the trigger is?]
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The trigger is supposed to be a series of notes..but the corruption has twisted it, need the antithesis of the song. need music skill to figure out correct original notes, then figure out the opposite.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I have no ranks of Perform, but I can try it untrained. My charisma bonus is huge. (That's what She said.)

I tell Led to save the cleric's body. His head didn't explode. He can still talk, if I cast Speak with Dead on him.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

I shrug and bring the cleric's body over to Sigrid.

[Did we level? Leveling would be cool. I get pretty much nothing at 13th level, too.]

[Can I help with Sigrid's Perform check? If I leveled, maybe I can take some ranks in Perform. That plus my negative modifier from my atrocious Charisma should be almost as good as Sigrid's untrained check.]

I say to Kali, "Good job on killing the Cleric, but it looks like this time I was the Pooty. That spell he hit me with really hurt. Glad I saved you from that."
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"Thanks, but he can only threaten me if he could touch me. Kind of hard when he's impaled."

[Perform 5 Ranks in Dance. +8 Charisma bonus either way.]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"It was a touch spell... 'cause I touched him. Then you touched him with your big long stabby thing."

"I think it would have zotted you if it hadn't already zotted me."

[We need music performance, not dance. But your cha bonus would be shiny.]
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”