Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Hold until I see what's coming for us. Once I see it, jump down and full attack if possible [If I remember correctly, that's five hits. I took some feat that gave me that gave me an extra hit. Or two. Was it five or six hits?]
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Hearing the Good Kitty, focus on the direction he's facing more, while still trying to see everything at once.

See. My Kitty. He knows.

Study Target: The Potentially Gazebo Shaped Rock.
[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con]
[Total Attacks Mods: +24, Claws 4d6, 3d6 Sneak Attack, +3 for Str, Bite 1d6, Shadow Striking (First hit is normal, then I'm attuned and bypass targets DR)]
[Total Defense Mods: AC: 37, Heavy Fortification, DR: 10/Magic. SR: 22]
[88/88 HP (12 of which is Temporary)]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

something odd.....there are....holes in the swirling fog...tunnels, almost? and there are mirror-bright patches....moving, swirling about in the arcane currents within the cloud.

PM to Anna
ditto Katrina
And Kali
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

What was? Reals or think see?

Try to focus on the lizard thing I saw, until things shift, see another one or the same one? Try to focus on it.

"Swirlys hide watcher. Bad Lizard Things using holes as tunnels to see us. Can't focus on one. Too changey in Foggy to get set."

"Sigrid. Make them no watchy. Far watchy means far casty. Casty people far away I don't like."

Did they notice me?

Study Target: None
[Total Attacks Mods: +24, Claws 4d6, 3d6 Sneak Attack, +3 for Str, Bite 1d6, Shadow Striking (First hit is normal, then I'm attuned and bypass targets DR)]
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

"I see them, too. They look intelligent. And the teeth are made for tearing, so we need to watch out for biting. Sigrid, I want you up and away as soon as this starts." My face seconds my words. I don't want her anywhere near these things. "Stay close enough so that I can teleport back if I need to.[I can dimension hop up to fifty feet away]"
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I put away the wand of Dispel Magic, then take hold of my staff.

"<expletive deleted> this! Fire fixes everything."

I cast Fireball 25' in front of me. It's a 20' radius sphere. And, according to the SRD, it will disperse an obscuring mist in the area of the fire.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      |*Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
 [C Minor]   | [C Light]   | [C Moderate]| [C Serious] | [C Critical]|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (6/8) |Sorc 4 (3/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   101/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             |             |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[I may not know how to work the portal, but if someone is scrying on us, maybe that set up a link. Detect Thoughts on what I saw. Other information is helpful, but I'd really like to know how these portals are activated.

Hopefully my hiding in shadows keeps it from knowing I'm trying to read it.
]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

You hear Kalindriel, as if she's standing next to you, but really it's in your mind.

Someone go futz with that rock. Make like you are trying to figure out how to activate its properties.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Startled by Kali's voice in her head, she almost squeaks in surprise.

Futz? Is that like playing? I'm good at playing.

She smiles broadly as an idea hits...
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I just wait. My Fireball will <fwoosh> away the fog, and we can see what has to die.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The fireball incinerates the volume of fog it covers...and through the magic "currents" running through it, little streamers of sickly green flames now run through the mass....a yelp is heard, as if one of the fire streamers ran through space occupied by somebody....a deep, growling kind of yelp.

(OOC---clarification..the fog is everywhere...it arose from as far as the eye can see just up from the ground...and goes up not sure how far...)
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

After the fireball...

Dropping down from above is a lizard like humanoid that looks remarkably like the figure some of us have seen in the fog.

It's face dead serious, it walks to the rock confident in it's authority here.

It approaches the potentially gazebo shaped rock, snarls in disdain, and begins pushing/pressing parts of it.

Study Target: The Potentially Gazebo Shaped Rock.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led smells that the lizard is really 'Trina. So he chooses not to move into the cleared area, while she does whatever she's doing. Presumably this 'futzing' that Kalindriel mentioned. Though, given just how many languages Led speaks, he's surprised that he doesn't know that word.

Still, he tries to use his smell and hearing, pacing back and forth in the fog to get a wider area of sense, trying to pinpoint whatever yelped. If it's still there, either invisible but making noise and smell, or farther back in the fog, he'd like to locate it.
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I know that the Lizard is Trina, and if the other lizards look like they believe her, I might stalk her to add effect to her illusion, that way we can both attack at once, and it looks like I'm more distracted than I am. I wonder how to tell her that, though. She may be young, but she's clever. I ponder that while we peer into the fog.
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Two hill giants stalk into view, on the edge of the burned-clear area....One in Scale mail, the other in half-plate, both wielding oversized (yes, oversized for a GIANT) Greatclubs, with iron bands around the smashing end.

((DM Note---will try and get proper map done, will get initiatives later tonight for certain.....))
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led steps forward and bows to them. He says in Front Giant, "Finally. A pair of real challenges. Opponents who could easily destroy me, if I'm less than perfect. But when does the test end? Have I satisfied you to my skills yet?
  • [Sacred Healing for 0min.] 123hp max
    [Blindsense 30'] Led knows about any hidden foes within 30' of his path.
    [Dodge vs. Scale Mail] AC:34 (35vs. Scale Mail) (38vs. AoO) (39 vs AoO from Scale Mail)
    • [Claw] Attack: +21 Damage: 7d6 +11
      [Claw] Attack: +21 Damage: 7d6 +11
Led moves 10', then continues on to the chainmail clad hill giant. Charge / Claw / Claw on that guy, once Led has dodged the super-duper-greakclub.
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Ah HA! Finally."

I cast Greater Enlarge on Led.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (30/50)
 Create Water| Bless Water |*Augury      |*Dispel Magic|*Divination  | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bless Water | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Dismissal   | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Sending     | C Critical  2
 Light       | Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Planar Ally | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
 [C Minor]   | [C Light]   | [C Moderate]| [C Serious] | [C Critical]|
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (6/8) |Sorc 4 (2/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   101/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             |             |
 Spectr Hand |             |             |             |             |
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

What can I see besides the giants? Where did the lizards go when Siggy zapped them?
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

The Lizard 'Trina looks at the party and hisses aggressively. It looks at the giants and in Infernal bellows orders. "KILL KILL KILL" while gesturing wildly at the soon-to-be-giant kitty.

It moves to join the fight against the do-gooders on the carpet, getting close to the half plate wearer. It's gaze seems to linger.

[Tumble to avoid AoO.]

Study Target:The giant in half plate.
Dodge: Giant in Half Plate
[Total Defense Mods: AC: 37, 38 V half plate giant (Dodge) Heavy Fortification, DR: 10/Magic. SR: 22]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Seven Words wrote:Skyseeker looks at a nearby boulder...

(Spot checks rolled)

Kali also notices odd etchings upon it....
That was May 11th. Six months ago. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can it be time for the game to get started again?

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”