Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

"Led said they will meet us to the west. We should head that direction unless we would like to lose them..." She shrugs as her voice trails off.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"I still have Led's Status. I can send him a message if we change our minds. Everybody get on the carpet. We can talk about it in flight. I don't like staying still here."

I look at Cryak. "Don't try anything. But you can join us for now."

I sit down on my comfiest throw pillow in the tent, then I pat next to me, for Anna to lean against me. I want to hold her close to me.

Once the carpet is moving again. "Why would we change our minds? This isn't like the Protector's tower. We aren't the only ones strong enough. What good can we do if we stay?"
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

I place myself on the rug between Sigrid and Cryak. I don't think he'll harm us. He seems poorly socialized, but not out to kill us,but I'm not going to give him a chance to get to Sigrid if he does decide to attack.

I place my flail across my legs and run my fingers over Sigrid's arm. I suppose I'm being rather possessive and overprotective, but I don't really care. She doesn't seem to mind.

The rug flies along silently,and I do my normal battle checks. I check my flail,I repin my hair tightly. This unnaturally dark forest unsettles me. I feel as if I'm being watched. I scan our surroundings as we float through the air, but my eyes dart over to Cryak ocasionally...just in case.
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Little 'Trina, it's okay. Sigrid doesn't think you're Bad. But she didn't want us to tell you that Cryak was Bad until we really knew for sure. With some people, it's easy for us to tell that they're bad. And, of course, the Good Man can always tell, but he's special that way. Us normal people… sometimes have to study someone for a while to really be able to tell. Some Bad people can hide themselves, and some Bad people can hide just that they're Bad. So it's hard for us."

"Plus, Sigrid was trying to be funny. It wasn't funny, but… well… she's really pretty, so most people just pretend that she's funny even when she's not. Most people always treat pretty people better. So, when she was worried about you maybe Dealing With Cryak because she thought you might think he was Bad, even though she didn't know yet if he was Bad… she called it 'murder'." Led looks at 'Trina's face. "I know, it wasn't funny. Sigrid is a Good person, but she tells very very bad jokes. And, since you're a Good person, I hope you'll forgive her."

His eyes twinkle for a moment. "But don't tell her you forgive her, just yet. Can you pretend to be all hurt, still? Maybe she'll give you some new toys as an apology."
Geek the mage, first.
Sorchat
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sorchat »

I fly over to Kali, and land on her shoulder. "If you sit down, I'd have somewhere comfortable to relax."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker looks at a nearby boulder...

(Spot checks rolled)

Kali also notices odd etchings upon it....
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Nature Check maybe, since it's a boulder?
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Staying snuggled in as they travel "I know she's Good. But why did she think I'd do something Bad? That's not a joke. People get Dealt With for being Bad."

Pondering, "I was only going to Deal With him if you said to, or he said he was Bad. You know these things. You're the Good Kitty. It's not about forgives." She's having trouble expressing just how much this weighs on her, "It's about what I did to make Sigrid think I'd do something like that. I dunno what I did."

She cuddles down, "I'm not going to lie to her. Lieing is Bad. I don't want to make pretends like that. It may make her think I've done more of...whatever it is I did, that makes her think I become Bad."

Quietly she murmurs, "If that smelly burping manthing hurts any of them. I will End him.Then eat him. No rezzies if I eat him."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[The boulder is a totally natural stone. And, as most totally natural stones, it continues to not move for many thousands of years at a time. You stare at it for quite a while, and detect no movement or other threatening actions.]

"Her joke was that you'd be Bad by mistake. Which wasn't funny, I know. Some people... well... they think things are funny because they're wrong. It's hard to explain. I don't really understand it. I mean, I see how it works, but it doesn't make sense to me that it works that way."

"So, imagine there's a small child, who is Good. And then a grown-up will make a joke about the child getting attacked and raped by orcs. And that's Bad. And it's not funny to us, but the person making the joke will think it's funny. But it's only funny because it's so awful. Like..." Led stops to pinch his nose while he thinks.

"So, some people, the only way they can stand to be in a world where Bad stuff happens, and Bad people exist, is to laugh at it all. Because if they see, or even just think of, something really Bad, they'd start crying. People like the Good Man, and like you too, see something Bad, and they have to go Deal With it. Those are the really strong people. Strong in their hearts. That's how they stop the pain they feel from seeing Bad things happen to people. But some of the weaker people, they can't really go Deal With Bad people, all they can do is laugh it off when they see Bad."

"I know that wasn't a really good explanation, but it's kind of confusing even to me. But, for future reference, sometimes Sigrid might make a joke about someone else being Bad. And she doesn't mean that the person IS Bad, only that the idea of the person being Bad is scary to her. So, it's probably best not to believe her right away if she says someone is Bad. She might just be making a bad joke that isn't funny."

"Because the thing about people who make that kind of joke, they think that everybody can tell if they're joking. And sometimes they don't actually laugh out loud at it, so normal people really think she's being for realz. We'll have to tell her to be more careful. Or at least to laugh whenever she makes a joke, so we know she's joking. Otherwise, she ends up being almost a liar, and that might be Bad one day. But until she can learn to be less confusing, it's best if you just ask her flat out, to make sure. Just ask her, 'Siggy, are you really saying that the burpy man is Bad? Or are you trying to be funny again?'."
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Does Arcane Sight do anything?

I have that.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

(Is the boulder vaguely gazebo shaped? Also, I'm picturing us all staring intently at a rock.)
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Drying her tears on Led's mane she stays cuddled in, "So Sigrid knows but doesn't know so knowing..." lost.

Must be her god botherer thing.

Deep in thought she reflects, The Good Man knows. My Good Kitty knows too. Wingy Sigrid doesn't know. Or does. But has no funnys. So Kitty knows.

Led gets a feeling of 'Trina tensing on his back, a glance shows her staring intently, sizing him up, at a place along his lower back. She's flexing her claws, then making a fist, claws out, fist, as if trying to figure something that has never occurred to her before.

"If I dunno Good or Bad, I can maybe Deal With them in a not Deal With way. I have to thinks on this. I have alots of thinks on."

Returning to her snuggles, a much calmer Katrina lets the ripple of Led's muscles rock her as she ponders the deep mysteries of life.

Do I have any Bad Wingy Thingy left?
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[I don't think even Kali could follow that convoluted mess. 8O]

[[She sits so Sorchat can get comfy, even if asked a month ago...]]

Can I notice anything of importance about the etchings?
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led turns to where the carpet is headed, planning on an intercept course that won't get them caught up for a while yet. Just enjoying the romp through the pretty forest with 'Trina snuggles.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:[I don't think even Kali could follow that convoluted mess. 8O]
[The deep thoughts of Kitties and Trinas are way off somewhere else, the rest of you are being accosted by a potentially gazebo shaped rock.]
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

[She would be quite grateful for that fact if she knew about it. Despite any rumored ties to the primordial forces of Chaos, even she has limits.]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Now that we've all gazed at the rock for what feels like an eternity, it becomes apparent that it's not going anywhere or doing anything interesting for the time being. I sit back and pull out my thread and hook and see about adding some decorations to Sigrid's wand pouch. Maybe some flowers.

[we can RP for a while. What's everyone doing, other than staring intently at the gazebo-shaped rock that is neither moving or twinkling magically?]
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

['Trina and I are jogging through the 'Wood somewhere south of you. We've got some mildly demonic lizard steaks, raw. And some other stuff.]
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

[The second you look away, the possibly gazebo shaped rock will destroy you all]
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

[That's why I'm still facing it. Don't trust anything that might be a gazebo. Gazebos don't fly, do they?]
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”