Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

She shrugs. "Some of us have defenses against such things. Still, I didn't have to risk it, so thanks."
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"We have to sing? Where did Laurel go?"

Stupid Laurel. Ran away. Could use her singy now. But she had to run away.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I am your first line of defense against such things. As the largest, and especially when Sigrid grows me further, I am the logical Pooty in the group. I have prepared myself to take the beatings, so you ladies can Deal With our enemies."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker looks pensive....

"In our musical notation, every note is also a movement in dance, as well a a magical notation. Dancing correctly atop the stone should serve our purpose......But the room for error, for wrong moves would be far far less than for being a bit off-key for the song."
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

"Once I pray to the Unknowable at Sunset, I'll be able to ask the cleric's body what the tune is."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

*speed of plot, evening falls*

Sigrid questions the dead priest, who answers, puncuating with hisses of seething hatred....a horrific caterwauling, leaving everyone checking if their ears are actually bleeding, or merely feel like they are.

DC 25 to play/sing

Interpretive dance DC 30
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

Also at the speed of plot, I cast all of my low-level healing spells on Led so he gets back up to full.

I prepare the following spells for the evening:

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (32/50)
 Guidance    | Identify    | Aid         | Dispel Magic| Dismissal   | Les Restore 1
 Guidance    | Identify    | Aid         | Dispel Magic| Prayer      | C Serious   1
 DetectPoison| Identify    | Eagle's Spl | Dispel Magic| Prayer      | C Critical  2
 Light       | Prot Evil   | Eagle's Spl | Dispel Magic| Neut Poison | Restoration 2
 Purify F&D  | Prot Evil   |*Status      |*Speak w Dead|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Purify F&D  | Shield Faith|*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
 [C Minor]   | [C Light]   | [C Moderate]| [C Serious] | [C Critical]|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (8/8) |Sorc 2 (1/8) |Sorc 3 (6/8) |Sorc 4 (2/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  2/3| Reson Bolt 33
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf|             |             |             |             |
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Well, I was never one for singing, even before I became a cat. I can't imagine I've gotten any better. Nor with dance. So, who will attempt this? How can the rest of us help?"
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

"I could try. If dancing and singing are intertwined so closely, why not both? Wouldn't that increase the potency and reduce the chances of a mistake?"

Kali goes over the proper notes and steps with everyone. Once we agree on those, we can work on the antithesis of them.

[The roll ends up being the same either way, just the consequences that differ... Hopefully combining the two reduces either the difficulty or the consequences. Or maybe it doubles the chances of blowing herself up! Fun!]
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

When it's time, I cast Guidance on Kali. It gives +1 competence bonus to skill checks. Then I cast Prayer. That gives +2 luck bonus. Then I cast Eagle's Splendor. That gives +4 cha, so +2 ability bonus. Then I use Aid Another skill check, maybe another +2.

Goat helped me with the math. I think that means if you roll a 10 or above, she succeeds.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

There will be 2 rolls....one to activate, one to actaully go somewhere....where you wanna go? Skyseeker knows her home, the place far south you came from, up north where you met Anna, near where y'all started at level 1, the center of the Wood, or near Verinax (capitol of Veracinean Imperium)
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

If we're making suggestions, I'd say we should return to Skyseeker's home. That's where the elf caravan was going when we split off to handle the ogres. They're the ones in the know, and we still theoretically need to finish cleaning up the ogre thing. For all we know, once we left, they might have returned to making that dragon into a dracolich.
Geek the mage, first.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Sounds reasonable. I've got to get Glub (glur? g-man) set up and playing neighborly with the elves while protecting the dragon bones.

Let's do this.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

"So by Kali dancing and singing, we can go get the Bad Thing that sent us here?"

She looks at Kali with impatience. There are things that need Dealing With.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Harsh atonalities resound in the air, discordant, wrenching movements wracking her form, Kalindriel activates the stone....shifting her movements and shrieks, she attempts to set your destination....

Eye-tearing flickers of black, purple, crimson....

senses reeling....you taste the color red...

you see cold...

falling......

falling....

falling....
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

I taste the color red.

I fall.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Does red taste tingly like vengeance, or bad like orge?

Worse than ogre.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Do we stop falling? I don't know what to do yet.
Geek the mage, first.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”