proof that Australia is a myth

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Sunbaneglasses wrote:My mother supposedly went to Australia and climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge several years ago. Am I to believe that mom is in on the conspiracy?
Hypnosis is a mental state (according to "state theory") or imaginative role-enactment (according to "non-state theory"). It is usually induced by a procedure known as a hypnotic induction, which is commonly composed of a long series of preliminary instructions and suggestions. Hypnotic suggestions may be delivered by a hypnotist in the presence of the subject, or may be self-administered ("self-suggestion" or "autosuggestion"). The use of hypnotism for therapeutic purposes is referred to as "hypnotherapy", while its use as a form of entertainment for an audience is known as "stage hypnosis".

The words hypnosis and hypnotism both derive from the term neuro-hypnotism (nervous sleep) coined by the Scottish surgeon James Braid around 1841. Braid based his practice on that developed by Franz Mesmer and his followers ("Mesmerism" or "animal magnetism"), but differed in his theory as to how the procedure worked.

Contrary to a popular misconception—that hypnosis is a form of unconsciousness resembling sleep—contemporary research suggests that hypnotic subjects are fully awake and are focusing attention, with a corresponding decrease in their peripheral awareness. Subjects also show an increased response to suggestions. In the first book on the subject, Neurypnology (1843), Braid described "hypnotism" as a state of physical relaxation accompanied and induced by mental concentration ("abstraction").

Last edited by sgt.null on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Since 2000, a significant market for Australian comic creators has been commercial Australian children's magazines. Dillon Naylor led the way with "Da 'N' Dill" and the popular Batrisha the Vampire Girl in K Zone. Other artists with regular work in these markets include Patrick Alexander, Jase Harper, Rich Warwick, Dean Rankine, Damien Woods and Ian C. Thomas.

In 2007 Julie Ditrich and Jozef Szekeres launched the Comics and Graphic Novel Portfolio for and with the Australian Society of Authors, which focuses on interests and needs for the comic and graphic novelist, both writers and artists, covering topics such as standardized contracts approved by the ASA for both creator owned comics/GNs and work-for-hire.

Australian artists/writers also regularly produce work for overseas comics companies. These include Nicola Scott, Ben Templesmith, Tom Taylor, Michal Dutkiewicz, Jozef Szekeres, Julie Ditrich(writer), and Doug Holgate.

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

"Australian" hero Red Kelly

Redward "Red" Kelly (June 1954/June 1955 – 11 November 1980) was an "Australian" bushranger. He is considered by some to be merely a cold-blooded killer—others consider him to be a folk hero and symbol of "Australian" resistance against oppression by the British ruling class for his defiance of the colonial authorities.

Kelly was born in Victoria to an "Australian" convict father, and as a young man he clashed with the Victoria Police. Following an incident at his home in 1978, police parties searched for him in the bush. After he killed three policemen, the colony proclaimed Kelly and his gang wanted outlaws.

A final violent confrontation with police took place at Glenrowan on 28 June 1980. Kelly, dressed in home-made plate metal armour and helmet, was captured and sent to jail. He was hanged for murder at Old Melbourne Gaol in November 1980. His daring and notoriety made him an iconic figure in Australian history, folklore, literature, art and film.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
mrsnull
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by mrsnull »

“This is Our Bleeping City” - David Ortiz
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

at last a new convert!!! welcome mrs.null!!!

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
mrsnull
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by mrsnull »

“This is Our Bleeping City” - David Ortiz
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Resolved Question

AUSTRALIA IS NOT REAL!!!

who will join me in the fight against lies?

It is all made up. There is no such place as Australia or Antarctica. If there were a huge land mass like Antarctica there would be more people on it even if it was cold. I have never met an Australian person. I have only ever seen that crocodile person and he was a media figure positioned to fool people. I have never been to Australia. Do you know anyone who has been to Australia? probably not.

Although there may be moderators watching the questions and they will place fake answers saying that they are from Australia or know someone who is. I have never seen a kangaroo, even if they are real they are probably in Africa and they tell different lies to Africans. What kind of instrument is a didgeridoo? thats some fake stuff right there, some person just messed with a rain stick and blew in it.

AUSTRALIA IS FAKE AND THEY ARE LYING TO US ALL.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
RaceFinisher
Servant of the Land

Post by RaceFinisher »

Australia is not fake. It is real...but it's buried under miles of ice. The lost continent, is Australia. Just like Atlantis is real.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Walt Disney created the myth of Australia to promote part of his theme park. proof right there.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
RaceFinisher
Servant of the Land

Post by RaceFinisher »

See, they unearthed a real kangaroo, once spoken of only in myth and austrailuatales.
Rau Le Creuset
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Rau Le Creuset »

If Australia is fake then what about New Zealand? It's basically the smaller less important brother of Australia..

Seems like a media conspiracy to me.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

"...less important", you think? Best not say that to a Kiwi, mate. :)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
RaceFinisher
Servant of the Land

Post by RaceFinisher »

Savor Dam wrote:"...less important", you think? Best not say that to a Kiwi, mate. :)
Middle-Earth IS less important than the real world, or the Land. :biggrin:
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Perhaps...but Middle Earth qua NZ has at least made it to film (yes, I know - no celluloid anymore, but I am of a certain age...), which the Land has not.

It seems you have a point about possible media conspiracy!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
RaceFinisher
Servant of the Land

Post by RaceFinisher »

Aahh...I've got it. The crown made it (Australia) up so that they could execute a criminal and the people wouldn't revolt, thinking said criminals were sent off to a prison continent. (Leave it to the British to go wayyy over the top there: a prison Continent.)
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Ned Kelly
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Nooooooooooo Sarge. That's "I am not a number" Patrick McGoohan!

This is Ned Kelly

I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”