AATE: chapter 4, After Unwisdom

ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

Tefazipipo
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Tefazipipo »

Hullo, I've come to weigh in, having recently reread the chapter and enjoyed your commentary. I had to look through to see if my thoughts would be redundant. They probably are in dissections of later chapters but, now, I'm in this one.

An emphasis was placed on Time, and the dangers of disrupting history. The thing is, now that I've read to here, that the Arc of Time consists of everything that happens until the end of the world, with the Devil being in the details. So, how's this... of course they knew what was going to happen. The same as the ur-Viles knew. The Elohim know and have been trying to put off the end as long as possible. Contingency plans. TC will give his ring to LF, who will use it to destroy the Arc! Solution? Neutralize TC because Linden will take the White Gold and use it to save the Land and thus the World. She foils their intent, though, by bringing TC back into play. Despite their machinations, TC gives his ring to LF who uses it to TRY to destroy the Arc, and Linden takes the White Gold and her Staff of Law and heals the Land, thus putting off the end of the world. Of course, now that this is past, they still have to deal with the fact that she's going to wake the Worm. Hey, but now it's another 3,000 years off!

However, now that the Worm is awake. Though TC says "Earthpower and Law can't stop the skurj. Not while Kevin's Dirt is still there. But you're still right. There are always surprises. And sometimes they help."

Diassomer Mininderain is involved in Kevin's Dirt, somehow.

"I did what I could, without risking the Arch. Maybe it was enough. If it wasn't, we'll make it enough."

Stave, oh, oh Stave I love him so. "Ur-Lord, is it conceivable that the Creator has forsaken the Chosen and the Earth because he is no longer needed?" YES!!

TC "Anything is conceivable. At least until the Worm gets enough to eat."

And I've lost track of where, but the Argent spoke at one point about how the Insequent whose interests were in the area of fate have found that the Arch of Time is no longer restricting what might happen....
On the internet, no one can see your evil smirk.

Return to “Last Chronicles”