Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 4: The Slums

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 4: The Slums

Post by Goatkiller666 »

It is the evening of April 12th, 1205. Day 24 of the lunar cycle, and so there is a half moon (waning) in the sky tonight. Except that the sky has become overcast late in the day, and now the moon and stars cannot be seen. Without some source of light, it will be very difficult to see while outside (mystical powers not withstanding). Other than the overcast, the weather isn't expected to get worse for another couple days.

Lament

Lament wakes in her haven. Everything is as she expects it.
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corrozus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Corrozus »

Lament leaves her haven and seemingly randomly heads towards where Brother Jurgen would normally be at this time of night. She decides that if he is not there, she will head to the prison to check on the man alone.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Brother Jurgen has already gone to the prison as well.

[Thread continues over here.]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

By the North Gate, several of the poor can be seen standing to the side of the road, so that they can beg for alms from the nobles who traverse the gate.

Kaldrenzi, in homid form, approaches them from the south, along the main road. Off to the side stands Karola, not begging herself, just watching those who are. Dolf is perhaps half a block down, though he looks like a poor craftsman at a run-down shop. Both are in homid form, though there are several mangy dogs near the beggers.
Kaldrenzi Culls-The-Chaff
Ramen

Post by Kaldrenzi Culls-The-Chaff »

Approach cautiously with my load. They should know the approach one of my kind. Nod to Karola, trying not to let anything give away my emotions.

Head down the alley towards Dolf and in a low voice "Greetings Dolf, I come bearing news from my Grandmother. Is there a place you, and Karola too, and myself might talk in private?"

Jenner: Hear me! The Thorn Valley Plan is the aspiration of idiots and dreamers! We...
[sees Justin]
Jenner: We were just talking about you.
Justin: That's refreshing, Jenner, usually you're screaming about us.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Dolf looks to Karola until he gets her attention, then nods back towards his shop. "In there, I guess. I have no customers."

He moves inside, and Karola enters a few moments later.

"What can we do for Grandmother?"
Ramen

Bow to them both "I am Kaldrenzi Culls-The-Chaff, Voto, Knife Skulker. It is not what you can do for Grandmother at this moment..."

Take a deep breath to steady myself.

"Your son, Wendel, those he was...apprenticed to. You have to have heard about their exploits, and how their pack has been...culled. I was sent to find him when he disappeared this eve."

Stop to get the story totally straight "Mother had me guard him on their last venture until he was safely within the walls. You may have heard about the little tussle at the gates, he was inside when I had last seen him and safe. I know not what he told you of his squiring to those he was with."

"I was sent to find him when he disappeared. I trailed him to a manor out of town, where the pack he was squiring to was lair'd at. I found a rite had been enacted, and heard howls in the distance."

Look them both in the eyes. Dolf, then Karola, then Dolf again. "They had enacted the Hunt against Wendel. Majid. Eric. Constantin."

Lowering my eyes "I was too late. The three were over what was left. 3 grown men, full garou, over Wendel's body."

Breath thick with emotion "Constantin felt they were wrong but went with the pack, truncated as it was. They did it for his cowardice Majid said. For his running at the gates. An object lesson. Constantin left."

Look at them again eyes burning "Majid and Eric are no more. They were gloating, now they gloat no more. You know of my calling, we bring justice. Those two have paid for their crime. Constantin fled on horseback from the manor."

I unsling my burden "This was left over. The pack of 9 became 7, then became 4. 3 slew 1 unjustly. 2 of those have been brought to Justice."

"One is free. I will be seeking him. He will live, unless you wish him taken care of finally. I will be giving him a message."

"If my aim is off, it was be a final message."

Voice raising in pitch towards the chitter of my kind. "They looked down upon him for his tribe and your totem. He will learn, and others will learn, those under Grandmother's eye are not to be dismissed casually. And never without consequences..."

"I failed Grandmother, I failed Mother, and I failed you. Grandmother and Gaia have Wendel now. Revenge was swift upon 2. I know not what I can do to make amends."

Open the bundle. "This was left behind by the pack. By the last member. You were wronged, I was responsible. This is but part of what I can do to try to make amends. First choice is yours."

A single tear rolls down the cheek "I am sorry."

Lower my head again.

If he strikes me he is just in his rage. If she attacks me, she is just in her rage. Once. Anything more is unneeded.

Jenner: Hear me! The Thorn Valley Plan is the aspiration of idiots and dreamers! We...
[sees Justin]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The two parent listen to Kaldrenzi's story. Dolf gets very rigid, while Karola slowly collapses to her knees. They say nothing for some time, until Karola pulls herself to standing by climbing up Dolf's arm. She turns him towards her, and pulls his head down so that they can touch foreheads. Slowly, Dolf raises his hands to grasp her head similarly, and then the sobs finally come.

From the street, a dog walks in. He's fairly large for a mongrel, but still manages to give the impression of being a small and harmless animal. He wines softly, and thumps his shoulder against Karola's thigh.

Shortly after, a young girl enters as well. "Mother, what..." She sees the three huddled close, "Wendell. Oh no."

When Kaldrenzi offers the fetishes, only the girl seems to notice. She leans in and looks. Then takes the Sun Whip and the quiver of arrows.

"Thank the Mothers for us. We'll use these against the vampires here." She clenches her hand into a fist, and short claws begin to sprout from her fingertips. "Tell me, what happened to their bodies? Death is too good for them."
Ramen

"The bodies of the Majid and Eric have been...altered...since their demise."

Look up and wipe my eyes "They were Garou Warriors, attacking a boy. Wendel died fighting from the marks on the so called men."

Grandmother, ease their pain please.

Loosen the strings on the pouch and reach in "Wendel was more of a man then his attackers the minute they sought his life and he fought back bravely."

Draw out the two severed organs "In death, their manhood was removed. As they set aside their bravery in favor of cowardice."

"Their ancestors must weep for what they have done, and what they became. "

Offering the severed penii "Do you wish these? Sadly they were removed after their demise, but they never saw it coming until it was too late, but they know What killed them. At least Majid did when his anger overwhelmed his wounds. But it didn't matter."

"I am sorry to be the bearer of such news, and even worse to be responsible for it."

"Dolf, Karola, if you or your family have need, send word for Kaldrenzi Culls-The-Chaff. I will do what I can for you."

To the girl "I will carry your thanks to the Mothers. Grandmother be with you, and Gaia protect you."

[sees Justin]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The girl, Nadja, shows her teeth as she takes the two trophies. In some way, this must be called a smile, though there is nothing of mirth or joy in this expression.

As Kaldrenzi steps out the door to the street, Karola calls to him. "I will write a song about this. In my song, the one who survived will learn the foolishness of his mistake. Constantin, was it?"

"It is enough that people will know the song, and they will learn the lesson that the song teaches them. Constantin in the world with us... he can die ignorant and in pain, and the song would be the same."

"See that he does."
Ramen

Turning and listening to Karola's request. "As you say, it shall be."

"A song seems most appropriate. My people, our songweavers are gone..."

"If you wish, I will recount the events to you for your record. I would not wish to intrude further on your loss right now. Upon my return, simply ask. I will come."

Bow again to them, and make my way into the streets with my bundle.

Now, to find some....silver.

Grinning

And someone to fashion it.

Head back towards the tunnels, safely stashing the large items nearby. If Mother is still uberupset, I'll wait outside a bit. If word is she's calmed, enter her chambers, give over the bundled goods I was able to carry in.

[sees Justin]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Thread continues over here.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”