Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 4: The Docks

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 4: The Docks

Post by Goatkiller666 »

It is the evening of April 12th, 1205. Day 24 of the lunar cycle, and so there is a half moon (waning) in the sky tonight. Except that the sky has become overcast late in the day, and now the moon and stars cannot be seen. Without some source of light, it will be very difficult to see while outside (mystical powers not withstanding). Other than the overcast, the weather isn't expected to get worse for another couple days.

Ekaterina & Sasha

Other than the dirty looks from the men of the inn, or the occasional look of pity for being so frail of heart, nothing significant happened during the day. There was no further sign of the wolf from the rooftop.
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

"I'm going out to find that wolf. Do you want to come with me?"

I use Night's Passage to hide myself. Then I change to hispo form.

I use Treeclimber to climb out the window, up the walls onto the roof. I go to where the wolf was standing, and look around.

I use Sense of the Prey to find where that wolf is now.
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

Use Waking Dreams to link with Sasha. Can't match her agility, won't try. put on a Dedicated outfit, go outside, out of sight, shift to Lupus and follow.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Ekaterina and Sasha, linked through the dream, move through the city. They come to an alley in the city, near the docks, and then the trail stops. It's as if the wolf were trying to conceal itself.
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I look into the Umbra to see if the wolf is there.
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

If Sasha sees any spirits in the Umbra here, I'll use Spirit Speech to see what they know, if anything, about the wolf we're following. Look around, find an out of the way place to do so, don't want to stand in public and talk to myself.

Am assuming there is no visible aspect to this Gift, WW:tA corebook doesn't mention any....

Activate Luna's Armor, in case this gets messy.

Mindlink to Sasha.....

"Please, do be careful, dear heart."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[Luna's Armor has no outward signs of being activated, though in the Umbra, your toughened flesh does seem very slightly to be brighter. Not quite a glow, but maybe an ambiance.]

In the Umbra, there is no specific sign of the wolf. There are, of course, spirits in this area. Mostly the normal Weaver spirits from a human city. Also some Wyrm spirits of desolation, also common in human cities. Here in the alley, there is also a spirit of Rage and a spirit of Fear.

[Wits + Enigmas = 2 successes.] When Ekaterina speaks with the spirit of Rage, it seems to imply that it has spoken to the wolf in question recently, though for a spirit 'recent' is kind of a nebulous term. The wolf, she had been with the one who had asked many questions.

[Cha + Etiquette = 4 successes.] The nature of the questions was about why the spirit was there. And the reason was because there was a battle here, not very long ago. Again, "not very long ago" is nearly meaningless for a spirit. There was great rage and great fear, in equal portions. This called the spirits forth. (Here, it's unclear and the spirit probably doesn't understand the difference, if the spirit was created from the rage of the battle, or if it simply came here from somewhere else because of the rage.)

The spirit of Fear expresses a similar theme.

The wolf and the one who asked the questions stopped being present after that, which was also "just recently".
Ekaterina
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ekaterina »

I will continue the conversation with the spirits, hoping to garner more information.....

PM incoming
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The spirit of Fear replies that it's presence is for the fear of the battle that was here. The wolf and the one who asked questions... they weren't part of the battle. It remembers them vaguely, but they weren't enough to it that it would bother remembering details. Ah, but the battle.

There were two who were not afraid. Then one of them became afraid. Then the second one was even more afraid after it. The second one had died. It knew it would win the battle; had no doubts. Only as the blow was struck did it learn it was mortal. The fear was only for a few brief moments, but it was all the more intense. That moment, the spirit of Fear will recall in great detail.
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

The spirit can't hear me. Stupid spirit.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

A whisper from behind says "Hakaken's children are not to be trusted. Madness as well as fear, are theirs."
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I spin around. Who said that?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Sasha sees nobody there. Yet, from the space in front of her another whisper can be heard. "Do not trust in shadows, either. What you cannot see..."
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I change to glabro. "Show yourself!"

I draw my sword.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"Kirijama would not like that. Do not you follow the Hidden Foe? The way you appeared, it would appear so, but then you wouldn't make such foolish requests."
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I look around. I try very hard to see who's talking.

"I don't follow anybody."

I'm starting to get a little freaked out.

"Who are you? Who is Kirijama?"
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Laughter "Kirijama also wouldn't approve of those questions being answered. But, if you would know him further, an introduction might be arranged. You seem like his type..."
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I focus on where the sound is coming from.

"Are you the wolf from the rooftop?"
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"No. That one is here as well. She should not have shown herself. You must have followed her here?"
Sasha
Ramen

Post by Sasha »

I keep listening for where the voice is. Is it in the same place?

"Yes, I followed the wolf. But I lost her trail here in this alley."

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”