Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 4: The Colony

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Vampire: Dark Ages (Vienna) - Chapter 4: The Colony

Post by Goatkiller666 »

It is the evening of April 12th, 1205. Day 24 of the lunar cycle, and so there is a half moon (waning) in the sky tonight. Except that the sky has become overcast late in the day, and now the moon and stars cannot be seen. Without some source of light, it will be very difficult to see while outside (mystical powers not withstanding). Other than the overcast, the weather isn't expected to get worse for another couple days.

Kaldrenzi

Kaldrenzi wakes in a ratpile. He was awake for so long in the previous days, he doesn't clearly remember where in the Colony he is, but he is surrounded by the smell of family, and he feels safe.
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaldrenzi Culls-The-Chaff
Ramen

Post by Kaldrenzi Culls-The-Chaff »

Stretching, wakeing, enjoying the pressing mass.

After tromping along after curs and humans, it's finally nice to be back around real people.

Take a few minutes to get my bearings, head towards whichever Mother's chambers I am nearest too.

Upon greeting their Champion and shifting to Crinos

"Kaldrenzi Culls-The-Chaff, returned from scouting."

Standing up straighter

"The guards are armed with more silver arrows and are being increased in numbers."

"The humans are uneasy about the battle at the East Gate, more guards posted there. One of their captains has been taken to their jail. I was unable to make to the dog's relative's domain as requested. A man in a tavern recognized me as what I am, and began to gibber and scream. He was taken to the jail in his madness."

Retrieving the vial I acquired from him.

"This he had this vial in his possession and was holding it just before he began screaming about rats. As he was being taken, the patrons made mention of the church and it's being filled with 'unholy' men."

Give it to them.

"A vampire called 'Doktor' inspected the captain at the jail, and said he'd be back tonight to further assist the captain who seemed to come down with a case of the insanes. At least two other vampires were there also, one a tall willowy figure with an odd accent, the other was at the gate battle."

"The vampire guard left, I followed him to the princes estate and got in after he entered. He was going on about his heritage and wanted to play out in the woods. He went to the gate and left, morning was due, and I had one last end to tidy up."

"The man who had the bauble will not be telling secrets about this cities deep members. It was like he wasn't there. Like someone else was moving him. He saw the vial and almost like a child seeing it's mother, gurgled and reached for it. Upon it leaving his sight, he returned to the vacant look. He has been freed from whatever control was placed upon him."

Take the hand out of a pouch.

"The Seers maybe able to find something from this. If the undead had him, their blood may hold answers within thier pawns hand."

Give the hand to them.

Jenner: Hear me! The Thorn Valley Plan is the aspiration of idiots and dreamers! We...
[sees Justin]
Jenner: We were just talking about you.
Justin: That's refreshing, Jenner, usually you're screaming about us.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[The closest caern is the Ravaging, but the Mother and the Vengeance aren't there this evening. Instead, you find yourself talking to the Mother of the Warren.]

Mother holds out a wooden plate for Kaldrenzi to put the vial on. She doesn't even want to touch the thing herself. "The Doktor was involved? That one is a very powerful leech. Perhaps the strongest in the city."

As she starts to sniff the vial, Squeek comes into the caern. "Nadja says that Wendell is missing. Karola and Dolf are sniffing the streets for him, but cannot find him."

Mother turns to Kaldrenzi. "Weren't you to watch over the boy?"
Ramen

Bowing to Mother and looking concerned

"I was to watch over him while he was being a squire to that pack of curs galavanting around the countryside. A much smaller pack of curs now. He was safely within the city walls while the dogs were fleeing with their dead."

Realizing that with the increased undead activity this could get ugly.

"When was he last seen? Anyone see anything?"

Jenner: Hear me! The Thorn Valley Plan is the aspiration of idiots and dreamers! We...
[sees Justin]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Squeak replies, "His family hadn't seen him since midday. Other than that, I know nothing."

Mother looks worried. "He is still their squire. The fool might have gone to seek them out. Do not let him come to harm. I will smell this vial and the hand that held it."
Ramen

"Yes Mother."

Bow to her, then to Squeek.

As I dart from the chamber, flow into Rodens so I fit in the tunnels. Find the nearest exit into the city.

Once on the surface, close my eyes and picture Wendell.

Grandmother, one of your pups has become lost. I know not whose hands he is in, I ask for your guidance in finding him.

[Activate Gift: Stalk (As per the Ragabash Gift: Sense of the Prey)]

One the trail has established itself, duck into an alley out of sight, shift to Homid.

[Turn on Gift: Darksight]

Follow the trail, hooded cloak up, just another non entity human.

Old trail. I wish I could scent his assailants, would let me know what I'm getting into...

After many turns and crossings the trail exits to city.

They took him there?

Look to see what's around the perimeter.

The boy must be safe. Or there will be blood tonight!

[sees Justin]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Thread continues here.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

There is an small church in Vienna where some long-dead family is buried in a mausoleum. There is a catacomb below the church. This is a sort of way station for the rats, where larger items and Bone Gnawer allies may come to the colony, even if they can't go farther than there because most of the colony is sized for regular sized rats.

It is here that Kaldrenzi brings the items. Several of them may be taken further into the colony, like the stone and the amulet, but the two warhammers stay here. Typically, they'll be hidden in the tombs until they're needed.

One of the Mothers will need to come inspect the items to determine what they are.
Ramen

Having made sure my well earned loots are secured..

Head into the tunnels, seek out Mother.

Once I get close to her chamber, tail down, ears down, head low.

"Mother, I have returned, and I have failed."

"Wendell was subject to The Hunt, I hurried to find them, following their bloodthirsty howls. When I found them, Wendell was already torn apart."

Lower my head pausing.

"The one named Constantin argued with the one called Majid, claiming slaughtering a boy was wrong. One named Eric sided with Majid. Constantin fled the scene of the massacre."

Look up, paw grasping the hilt of the Packslayer.

"Grandmother was with me. The Packslayer Blade knew we were Right. The 2 curs were too busy enjoying their kill."

Grinning, snarling actually, eyes wet "Majid was brought to Justice, Eric was laid low also, The strike upon Eric also slew Majid, Finally.. Eric must have spent too much of his Rage torturing and rending a small boy."

Monotone voiced "Wendell has been avenged, almost entirely. Constantin fled, I was stalking him to their manor, but he had mounted and headed out while I was making my way to their den."

Look down at myself, no new cuts, wounds, or even hint of damage that wasn't there before I left. "They acted as their kind does. Standing over the corpse, reveling in their kill. They were wrong." Anger creeping into the chittering voice "I have brought Majid and Eric to Justice. They have paid for their crimes. Gaia weeps for their actions, in the full view of Luna's eye." Pausing then continuing on "I weep for Wendell."

Take a deep breath to compose myself. "I sought the manor, seeking information. The bodies of those slain at the Gates recently were there. Handmaids were gossiping over their bravery and how they were struck down by Monsters."

"I failed you Mother, you sent me to protect Wendel. He is with Grandmother and Gaia now."

Lower my head, shamed by my failure.

"I did find the trunks and personal effects of the pack. Armor and various fetishes and talens. The armor I left. I brought back the others. I have some with me here, the others are safe nearby. They wouldn't fit in the tunnels."

Open a pouch, get out the amulet. 2 other items fall as I pull out the amulet.

Gazing at the severed bits on the ground, picking them up and putting them back in the pouch.

"Men harried, tortured, and slew a boy." Grins savagely. "Men they are, no more. In life, and even in death."

"The Homid garou pack is now 1 from 9. The Fianna brothers, Shamus and Finn, were banished when one succumbed to the Thrall of the Defiler. The sane one stayed to take care of him. The Battle at the Gate has Mauricio, Gotzon, and Yefim slain." Head down again "Wendell fell this eve." Head up again "Majid and Eric fell for their deeds, for the fate of Wendell."

"I return, the spoils of their pack for the colony, that we may grow, but my mission was a failure."

Lower my head, waiting for the Mother's next step.

[Obligation: - for failing to protect Wendel. + for fulfilling my role as a Knife Skulker, meeting out justice for one who was unable to defend himself. + bringing treasure back. Being Metis I am unable to breed more Ratkin, in it's place, I bring items of power to strengthen the colony as a whole. + Returning with information of what the humans think caused the deaths at the gate.]

[Infamy: + I slew a rank 5 and rank 3 (again), this time singlehandedly and without taking a single scratch. That it was done per my calling as a Knife Skulker, shows my skill and prowess. The curs will learn to not kill those whom Grandmother smiles upon.

[Cunning: + Planning and slaying 2 high rank Garou, single handedly, without being touched, 1 rounding them really. + Retrieving items of power for the colony. + Being unseen, unheard, unnoticed in my scouting of the manor.]

[sees Justin]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Mother (of the swarm) gasps at the news. "Dead?"

She turns and walks back to her nest, making a high-pitched keen that seems to echo through the chamber. All the rats and ratkin in the caern all swarm towards her, and pile on top of each other

After several minutes, Mother of the Warrens enters the swarm caern. After a glance at Kaldrenzi, she approaches the ratpile and crawls into it, burrowing gently through the rats and moving out of sight.

[Obligation: -6.]
[Infamy: +4 +4.]
[Cunning: +2 +2 +3]

[Message from Grandmother (Freak Factor): You must tell Wendell's kin. They get first pick of the loot. And you owe them a boon for your failure.]
Ramen

Bowing to the Champion, bidding my leave of the overly distraught Mother, I make my way out of the colony.

First things first. Dolf and Karola.

Gather the liberated goods.

[Stalk]

Follow the trail, average peasant. Carrying a load, nothing to see here.

Grandmother, I know you can hear me, well, if not you, you will get the message. Mother is upset, not thinking right. She was very attached to the boy, as was I. Please, give her mind some peace. A sign Wendel is safe with you...

[sees Justin]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Thread continues over here.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Mother is still upset. The Squeek waves to put the items over in the corner somewhere. "You shouldn't stay. The sight of you will only remind her of her loss."
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramen

Nod to Squeek, put the items in their appropriate place and tell him "His Family sent me to finish what I started at the manor. I owe them at least that much."

Bow and leave before Mother sees and has unsavory thoughts about my hide.

Now, there is going to be some problems this evening. Not for Constantin, but for some merchants...

"Time to head home after I replenish."

[Meditate to restore Gnosis]

Once full: Rite of the Bolthole

Destination: Linz, my home colony. Check in, mission I was sent there for accomplished, doing work for the three Mothers, on mission now.

Inquire as to where is [Insert Linz-ian Tunnel Runner]

Find them, "Greetings [Insert Linz-ian Tunnel Runner]. I hope life has fared well this past month, it has been interesting for me. I seek information. Which of the local nobles if any have unseemly amounts of silver. Weapons, armor, goblets, as long as it's silver and pure enough to Wound."

Grinning "I am going to teach a cur a lesson that will be firmly etched on their mind for the rest of their life."

"He and his former pack greatly wronged one that Grandmother smiled upon. I believe the wronged one's mother, a Galliard of the same tribe, is composing verse as a lesson about it."

"When I return, I'll share the true story before it ends up with me being 20 feet tall, teeth like damascus steel, and eyes shooting fire and silver."

[sees Justin]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Thread continues over here.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”