Demon:The Fallen: Scene 2: Bennigans

Moderator: Zxkuqyb

Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Demon:The Fallen: Scene 2: Bennigans

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Ivan and Eridan's lunching, away from the shelter

The Waitress takes the order, returns with drinks, and goes onto assist other patrons.
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Okay. So, Ivan want to know what you want say."
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire takes a sip of her drink and sits back in the chair.

"The police officer who claimed to be calling backup wasn't pressing the talk button on his radio. I dunno why he wouldn't actually call backup if he was that scared of you."
"If nothing matters, there's nothing to save." - Jonathan Safran Foer

"...his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"He probably bluffink. But not want comrades think he scared little boy, so he not press button. Ivan is seeink all the time. Is very strange, no? Why should po-leece be afraidink of law abiding citizen? Ivan is blaming cold war propaganda. Children watchink too much James Bond wearink badges and carryink guns. Is very sad for Ivan."

Ivan's smile suggests that some of the above might be sarcasm.

"You knowink anything about that man who drive car number two zero six? I like know about dis man quickly."

[I should have put this in before, but whatever.]
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

"He's brought me home a couple times with his partner, he's terrified of my Dad too. Doesn't talk much on the trip home normally so I don't know anything about his personal life or anything. And aren't we all innocent?"

Claire smiles widely, with a bit of an edge at the last bit and takes another sip of her drink.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Well, maybe it is that Ivan is perhaps not so very innocent as you are. But if Mr. Police Man is bringink you home to your father, maybe Claire not so innocent as Ivan is thinkink. So, where Mr. Two Oh Six be pickink you up, when he bringink you home to papa? I don't care what you did, just want to know Two Oh Six's area. Maybe when you older, criminal exploits make me more interested. But now, Ivan don't need to be chasink minors."

[I'm assuming that since you said that he dropped you with your dad that you're a minor. Please confirm that you actually look like a minor. If you don't (even if you ARE one... all Ivan would know is that you looked 25 or whatever), I'll edit this post.]
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

[She looks about 18.]

"When he's picked me up it's been around one of the Malls downtown, sometimes by the catholic school. I think the couple times it's been that car it's been late, after midnight. Don't remember seeing him during the day. I do remember elbowing him in the gut pretty hard once tho..."

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Catholic school? Hrm. Ivan still isn't chasing minors. But in a few years, you bring uniform by Ivan's house, yes?"

"Do you knowink Mr. Two Oh Six real name?"
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire shrugs at Ivan's first statement. "Maybe, if we're still...friends. His name is Craig. He's an ass."

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Officer Craig. No last name? Maybe you lookink for some money? Go find out some more stuff about Officer Craig, and Ivan help with college fund."

"Police man don't be afraid of young girl from the Mall. They tellink you all kind of stuff, Ivan thinkink. Stuff Ivan likink to know."

"Also, if you and boyfriend needink place to go beside Mall, so Officer Craig don't be findink you, Ivan can help. Ivan remembers being young, when parents don't let you doink anythink fun."
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire nods thoughtfully "I can see what I can find out about him." She opens her mouth as if to stay more then hesitates before blurting it out quickly "A place to hide would be better...somewhere my dad or the cops can't find me. Please, I don't want..." She abruptly stops and looks anywhere but at Ivan.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Place to... Oh, is very easy then. Claire can stayink wit Ivan and friends. They all nice guys, law abiding residents of United States. We be around like... how you say, when nuns go with on datink someone? So nobody is foolink around? We be like nuns, to protect Claire from all bad people in big city. And perhaps Ivan havink polite conversation with boyfriend, if he not treating nice."

Around this time, the food arrives, and Ivan consumes his burger with zest. "Ah. Ivan is lovink all things American, burgers most of all."

He takes another of his business cards, blank except for a phone number, and slides it across the table to Claire. "You is callink Ivan when you need ride back to Ivan's place. Cannot be seen at Claire's house, in case Claire's father call po-lice man for no reason. But when you have stuff, givink me call, and Ivan come pick you up. We meet couple blocks from house, yes? Just in case."
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire daintily eats her burger and fries. "Boyfriend's not the problem... I'll call you once I pick up a few things, probably tomorrow if I can figure out a time when my Dad's not home...if he catches me while I'm there...well, it might be awhile."

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan smiles broadly. "Is most good, Claire. We have an accord."

[I'm havink nothing else to be doing at this juncture, so Ivan will make small talk or whatever until the food is done, then drop Claire off wherever she wants to go. Unless Claire wants to talk about anything else, of course.]
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

The waitress comes by, popping her gum.

"Anything else I can get you kids?"
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire nods to Ivan and pushes her plate towards the waitress when she comes by. "I'm good, thanks."

(I don't have anything else to do.)

-Edgar Allan Poe
Zxkuqyb
Ramen

Post by Zxkuqyb »

Waitress puts the check down by Ivan's hand. Smiles at you both devilishly and says "You kids play nice, and have a fun day."

Ivan pays the bill, tips whatever he desires, and as you leave the restaurant, you see a man sitting near the street.

"What's the greatest city? Generosity."

He rattles the cup and continues "What's the greatest ship? Friendship."

Looking around holding his sign he patters on "The best chair? Charity."

Seeing this not phasing anyone, he stands up, holding his sign he starts to yell

"I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE! It's a fire filled wasteland! Repent! The hour draws neigh! I was sent back to right the first wrong done! Believe while you still can! I MUST FIND MY OWYOULITTLESONOFA"

Some little boy just kicked him in the shin hard. He hurries away to his mother who, oblivious to the world, is pecking away on her smartphone.

He sits down, defeated, staring into the distance

"I've tried. I'm tired. You won't win."
Guns. Guns. Guns. Guns.
Gold. Gold. Gold. Gold.
Burn. Burn. Burn. Burn.
Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.
Muscle and hate!
Join in the chant!
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

Ivan tips very well.

When he hears the homeless man ranting, he just chuckles to Claire. "If future is wasteland, is not end. End only comes when nowhere left to burn."

The soul of politeness, Ivan even opens the door to the car for Claire.

In the car, he clips the end of a new cigar, and lights it with a high-end butane lighter. He stares at the tiny flame, hotter than normal lighters before sucking on the cigar and igniting the end.

"When end comes, everything burn so much, all of creation gone. No place left for burning."

He seems almost nostalgic, as he puffs thoughtfully for a few moments. Then he starts the engine and rolls out.
Eridan
Woodhelvennin

Post by Eridan »

Claire glances at the cigar and lighter, then gazes out of the window at the homeless man, seeming to ignore Ivan's comments about burning. As he pulls out into traffic she says softly, practically whispering to herself, "Nobody will understand the fire more then anything else."
Last edited by Eridan on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Edgar Allan Poe
Ivan Karpenku
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Ivan Karpenku »

"Hrm? What sayink?"

Return to “Demon: The Fallen”